Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Had to laugh at the What's On In Geelong FB page promoting the Western United vs Adelaide United A-League clash in Geelong tonight.

Unfortunately for them, the match had been transferred to the Whitten Oval and was announced a month and a half ago...

For the WWE/NXT fans in our midst, is it just me, or does Bobby Fish from Undisputed Era look like Zach Tuohy's long lost twin?

For those who aren't wrasslin' fans, here's Bobby Fish...

1580003711592.png

And here's Zach...

1580003759958.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to laugh at the What's On In Geelong FB page promoting the Western United vs Adelaide United A-League clash in Geelong tonight.

Unfortunately for them, the match had been transferred to the Whitten Oval and was announced a month and a half ago...

Any reason it was moved or they just weren't getting enough people at games in Geelong?

Any reason it was moved or they just weren't getting enough people at games in Geelong?

Yeah, it was purely due to the attendances. Unsure of how much work they did to promote the fact they were Geelong based. I mean, about from those digitised billboards in the CBD, was there any other promotion in Geelong? Did they go out to all the soccer clubs in the region and do soccer clinics and give the kids free family passes so they would go to a game, and hopefully hook them in so they'd go to another game?

I think I saw more stuff around Geelong about the baseball team than I did Western United.

Yeah, it was purely due to the attendances. Unsure of how much work they did to promote the fact they were Geelong based. I mean, about from those digitised billboards in the CBD, was there any other promotion in Geelong? Did they go out to all the soccer clubs in the region and do soccer clinics and give the kids free family passes so they would go to a game, and hopefully hook them in so they'd go to another game?

I think I saw more stuff around Geelong about the baseball team than I did Western United.
I'm friends with a family who go to A league a lot. They reckon KP is just dead set s**t to watch soccer. Asked them why they didn't sit on the wings and they said they couldn't.
Dunno why?
On WU I reckon they are doing it a bit wrong. Instead of footy stadiums IMO they should try and play games at Green Gully and get the Maltese on side, some at Melbourne Knights and engage the Croations, some at Sunshine for the Italians etc
Its what Id do anyway. Not gonna get much happening playing at KP or Western Oval.

Holy crap. One of the best basketballers on the planet Kobe Bryant apparently died in a helicopter crash in California. :(

RIP Kobe.

His young daughter was also in the chopper and died too.

Holy crap. One of the best basketballers on the planet Kobe Bryant apparently died in a helicopter crash in California. :(

RIP Kobe.
Initial reports were 5 on board - pilot + 4 passengers (Kobe, his daughter, his daughters basketball teammate & their parents)

Police just confirmed the manifest had 9 on board

The police also made comment about TMZ & the inappropriateness of them releasing unconfirmed information

I went to a couple of Lakers matches back in January 2013 - including sitting 7 rows from the court. The Lakers didn't win either match, but loved watching this guy play

IMG_1314.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back