Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in the AFL Evolution 2 thread on the video games board said someone in front of them in the queue at EB Games tried to buy 5 copies of the game, but was told there was a 1 game limit per customer.

Are people panic buying PS4 games now?

Speaking of AFL Evolution 2, has anyone here got a copy yet? I've ordered one but it's due mid next week - just in time for the Easter long weekend. :)

Why is EB games even open? "Hardly essential" is it?

According to the PM, an essential job & thus essential worker is anyone who currently has a job. One way to look at things is that for every business that can safely operate within the current Stage 3 restrictions, it means less employees out of work & lining up at Centrelink. So EB itself may not be essential to every day life for most people, but it's keeping people in jobs which is also important at the moment because we go into stage 4 restrictions, they'll no longer be essential and most likely be looking towards Centrelink

Plus, people need to game - sporting games may be the closest we get to sport for the next 6 months

They have strict restrictions in terms of number of peeps allowed in the store, card only payments (gift cards acceptable), and trading of games is currently suspended

Also who even buys physical copies nowadays? :$
Me

I'm a Switch & Nintendo owner - I have the occasional download, but there's still something about owning the physical game

It's the same with music - there's some bands which I won't buy digital downloads if a CD is available, as I have the full collection on CD

I've spent by day between indoors with tv, and out in the garden cleaning up the “garden bed" in preparation for the side fence being replaced on Monday

It started not too bad - other than the ground being extremely wet & muddy from the rain overnight. I had to take a break when the rain started again, before utilising a break in the weather for a second stint

Everything was going well the second time until I removed a clump of ribbon grass with some falling on the ground beside my collection bucket. I went to pick up what I thought was a leaf, but when touching it I realised it wasn't a leaf as they don't have a head, tail & fur - instead it was a dead, pancake flat rat

Not something I really wanted to deal with today, or any day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've spent by day between indoors with tv, and out in the garden cleaning up the “garden bed" in preparation for the side fence being replaced on Monday

It started not too bad - other than the ground being extremely wet & muddy from the rain overnight. I had to take a break when the rain started again, before utilising a break in the weather for a second stint

Everything was going well the second time until I removed a clump of ribbon grass with some falling on the ground beside my collection bucket. I went to pick up what I thought was a leaf, but when touching it I realised it wasn't a leaf as they don't have a head, tail & fur - instead it was a dead, pancake flat rat

Not something I really wanted to deal with today, or any day
Time to start stockpiling rats for the winter?

Reading ‘Dangerous Days’ by the late Ern Brough (A Rat of Tobruk), a good read mainly centred on his 2 month escape from an Austrian POW camp through to Croatia.

Returning to Drouin after the war he was played local footy with a 16YO lad .... called Alf Ablett (Gary senior’s father). Apparently Alf rarely trained and often didn’t turn up for matches and when he played he would only play in the middle of the ground - but if the ball came within 10 feet of him, he would win the ball and kick a goal. From the centre. Lots to be said for heritage.

Last edited:
Saw the clock change at 3am back to 2am last, strangest thing I’ve ever seen but then I knew Daylight Savings had finished and was sad 😔

At least we got an extra hour's sleep last night. :)

Time to start stockpiling rats for the winter?
Think I'll pass on rat meat

I'm actually pretty happy with the frozen meat & meals selection in the freezer at home - though I wouldn't mind the addition of duck & kangaroo and if I had a better idea of cooking crocodile then I wouldn't mind that either

Though this could be a good time to learn to cook a few new things

Saw the clock change at 3am back to 2am last, strangest thing I’ve ever seen but then I knew Daylight Savings had finished and was sad 😔
This has been the most eventful and memorable and sad period of daylight savings we have ever had.
Bushfires..'
Smoke, poor air quality..
Covid-19..
Kind of glad it's over, but who knows what we're coming into..

This has been the most eventful and memorable and sad period of daylight savings we have ever had.
Bushfires..'
Smoke, poor air quality..
Covid-19..
Kind of glad it's over, but who knows what we're coming into..
A period of high tension when Trump along with half the world demands compensation from the Chinese and when not forthcoming they on mass refuse to pay back debt owed to the commo bastards.

Game was originally releasing on the 16th but date was moved forward to the 3rd, so while you can get the physical version now, digital versions won't be available until the 16th, the original release date.
Apparently the publishers are in the tedious process of bringing the digital version forward so it should be out soon.

Can't sell em or swap em if your sick of them though.
I reckon fortnight maybe might bump up those figures a bit too.
Xbox Game Pass bruv. 100's of high-quality games (including first-party titles released day 1 at no extra cost).

No need to sell or trade individual games because you never purchased them in the first place.
1586071170019.png

Attachments

• 1586071036322.png
    1586071036322.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 17
Spazz Cat Also Fortnite is a free download- I don't think it would classify as "Digital Sales." If anything it would boost physical sales since there are disc copies for sale which contains the game (even though the download is free and the game would download to internal/external storage anyways???) and cosmetics.

Unless all mtx/dlc classifies as "digital sales." But then physical copies require add-on content to be digitally downloaded usually...

Spazz Cat Also Fortnite is a free download- I don't think it would classify as "Digital Sales." If anything it would boost physical sales since there are disc copies for sale which contains the game (even though the download is free and the game would download to internal/external storage anyways???) and cosmetics.

Unless all mtx/dlc classifies as "digital sales." But then physical copies require add-on content to be digitally downloaded usually...
Ahh ok, fair enough. Yeah the games pass is/could be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back