Banter 2020-2021 Offseason offtopic chat thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day light saving threw my body clock out im having dinner now like a old person :moustache: .
You're not alone

Yesterday I was joking about not forgetting to change the clocks because you don't want to be late to watch tv - at the time I forgot that I had to get up early anyway & take me mum for our drive-thru carpark flu shots

Most frustrating thing about that is if this happened even a month ago, we would have then gone out for breakfast afterwards. Instead, today I drove to the supermarket to consider going shopping (got a few things on the shopping list), but with the s**t weather & crazy number of people going to Coles I left and decided I may try again later tonight when it'll hopefully be quieter

Xbox Game Pass bruv. 100's of high-quality games (including first-party titles released day 1 at no extra cost).

No need to sell or trade individual games because you never purchased them in the first place.
View attachment 852872
and when the internet goes down?

Go Catters

Ahh ok, fair enough. Yeah the games pass is/could be good.
Best deal in gaming right now. It would be like if Netflix added new movies straight away at no additional cost. But the new games are worth more than movies and provide many more hours of entertainment.

You can get a trial which contains both the console and PC version for only $1.

* I think the deal is still valid but I could be wrong- I've loaded up for about another 2 years so I'm not totally up-to-date on the current deals.

Silly me.

Finally took my laptop and another monitor we've been given to work from home, and had all the cords and cables sitting on my desk all day. Finally get home, try to get everything connected, and discover the HDMI cable they gave me to connect the laptop and monitor doesn't fit into the back of the monitor. Don't know why I didn't try it out at work while it was just sitting on my desk. :drunk:

Hit the Officeworks website and bought one online to be delivered tomorrow for less than $10. Hope that works - I'll be stuck trying to do everything on my laptop in the meantime...

Hit the Officeworks website and bought one online to be delivered tomorrow for less than $10. Hope that works - I'll be stuck trying to do everything on my laptop in the meantime...

I had a HDMI cable and a VGA cable. The monitor with the VGA cable made me sick just looking at it, anything on a white background was just fuzzy. Ordered a HDMI splitter and an extra HDMI cord from Officeworks last Monday. The splitter turned up on Tuesday but still waiting for the HDMI cable from the same order a week on. Eyes are used to the VGA cable now anyway.

I like that while you guys are waiting for deliveries of computer cables, I'm waiting for an all important coffee machine to be delivered

Plus like 4 other online orders in also waiting to be delivered

You ordered a new kettle?
Nearly did - but will wait and get a new one from Kmart; $20 and pretty sure it boils water in pretty much the same manner as $300 ones

Went with this instead

1586176816365.jpeg

Whoever it was that put the Sleaford Mods Jobseeker on early in this thread a big thank you. I’d forgotten a bit about them but have been on a retrospective tear the last few weeks into their back catalogue. Helps pass the time and much appreciated

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember hearing that we had a bunch of heaters set up in our change rooms on that day and our bench players would be in the rooms thawing out before they would run down the race and onto the ground when they needed to go on.

Whoever it was that put the Sleaford Mods Jobseeker on early in this thread a big thank you. I’d forgotten a bit about them but have been on a retrospective tear the last few weeks into their back catalogue. Helps pass the time and much appreciated
Twas me. My mate went and saw them a few weeks ago too. Said it was unreal. Everyone was going nuts.

According to sky news they found 7-0 in favour of Cardinal Pell.

- The jury should have had doubt over guilt with evidence supplied.
- The court of appeal failed to apply precedence.

So the high court has essentially found that two courts came to incorrect verdicts.
It was interesting to listen to a lawyer discussing the case in regards to the High Court Appeal, and they were basically insinuating that the High Court judges were going to find him not guilty before they even started

- 80% of high court appeal submissions are dismissed; so for this to actually go in front of judges was big in the first place
- even more rare for high court appeal to overturn the earlier results
- the line of questioning was the opposite to the initial trail and court of appeal, and more along the lines of their findings being in favour of Pell

Sounded like they wanted to find him not guilty & as such it was conducted in that manner - maybe the earlier courts did make the correct decision but there were those on the high court who couldn't accept that this sort of thing happens and this wanted a not guilty verdict

It was interesting to listen to a lawyer discussing the case in regards to the High Court Appeal, and they were basically insinuating that the High Court judges were going to find him not guilty before they even started

- 80% of high court appeal submissions are dismissed; so for this to actually go in front of judges was big in the first place
- even more rare for high court appeal to overturn the earlier results
- the line of questioning was the opposite to the initial trail and court of appeal, and more along the lines of their findings being in favour of Pell

Sounded like they wanted to find him not guilty & as such it was conducted in that manner - maybe the earlier courts did make the correct decision but there were those on the high court who couldn't accept that this sort of thing happens and this wanted a not guilty verdict
Nah there was an article last week, can’t remember what publication, that essentially stated that the jury placed too much weight on the testimony of the alleged victim (there were two and the other said nothing happened but is now deceased) and didn’t give any thought to the testimonies of other church goers and parishioners who testified that Pell wouldn’t have had sufficient time (or any at all) alone with the boys.

That’s why it has been quashed, essentially the jury should have had doubt based on this evidence, just as the first jury from the first trial did

Must admit it's riveting viewing waiting for Pell to be released from Barwon Prison.....not.
Thankfully Foxtel allows me to record TV and when access to the movie channels, I'm now recording a few of those as well - so plenty of things to watch rather than giving him more air time than he deserves

Hopefully he won't need the Kleenex. Doubt they'll have kids sitting next to him.

I nearly spat my cup of tea over my phone screen then

Hopefully he won't need the Kleenex. Doubt they'll have kids sitting next to him.
He won't be there the Kleenex will be for the ABC presenters who once again have all backed the wrong horse, the Shorten, Pall double, close the s**t hole down it's a disgrace so out of touch, bias and follow the clueless leader mentality,the last good things they did were the winners and pot black in the 60s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back