MFC Fans Only 2019/2020 Summer Sports Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

49ers D giving another QB nightmares. It's not a surprising statement, but the fact that its Aaron Rogers certainly is.

Picked them to win it 00Stinger but didn't expect this kind of good old fashioned belting!
that was brutal.

They set the tone with the forced fumble in the second or third play of the game

The offense is starting to click now as well

Can't blame him, they're terrifying.

I still maintain that it took Baker a couple of weeks to shake of the effects of playing them earlier in the season.
Lamar Jackson will test the d this week

He is quick, agile and gets out of the pocket. That is something the 9ers d had a bit of difficulty with v Arizona

if you look up flat track bully in the dictionary you'll find a picture of Davy Warner
Bit harsh today perhaps. He’s just broken a pretty epic record

Flat track bully's a pretty stupid thing to say when we literally lost a series at home last summer.

Even if it was a state game 300 is a bloody good effort.
Warner wasn't playing in that serires?

Just saying people think he's coming back off this terrible ashes campaign, don't get me wrong he's comeback well and the 300 is deserved. But i don't recall warner ever performing outside of australia

Just saying people think he's coming back off this terrible ashes campaign, don't get me wrong he's comeback well and the 300 is deserved. But i don't recall warner ever performing outside of australia
Averages 63 in South Africa against their greatest ever bowling attack, but also why do runs in England count but runs in Australia don't?

He hasn't been great overseas but he cops it more than any other player in history for that.

A fitting end to a meh test series v Pakistan . Presentation in front of almost no one. Bad luck with the weather Sunday nite didn’t help .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A fitting end to a meh test series v Pakistan . Presentation in front of almost no one. Bad luck with the weather Sunday nite didn’t help .
All day yesterday I was thinking "bloody hell, we better take a few more wickets so we can wrap this up tonight". Then I quickly switched to "slow the * down, I want to see at least a little bit of cricket after putting the kids to bed". They wrapped it up about 4 minutes before I got to the couch. *

Fellow Liverpool supporters. What's your excitement to nervousness ratio? Still a long way to go and we've been far less than spectacular but the results keep stacking up. Big few weeks ahead, with no Fabinho to compound the schedule challenges, but if we can get through this year and a few tricky games in Jan still maintaining a healthy lead I might start to believe...

Fellow Liverpool supporters. What's your excitement to nervousness ratio? Still a long way to go and we've been far less than spectacular but the results keep stacking up. Big few weeks ahead, with no Fabinho to compound the schedule challenges, but if we can get through this year and a few tricky games in Jan still maintaining a healthy lead I might start to believe...
Title race is over. City's injuries and probably 5% drop off in motivation have ended the league. Chelsea and Leicester won't seriously challenge.

If Liverpool drop this it will be the biggest choke I can remember.

Title race is over. City's injuries and probably 5% drop off in motivation have ended the league. Chelsea and Leicester won't seriously challenge.

If Liverpool drop this it will be the biggest choke I can remember.
Still a long way to go and if Liverpool get out of the CL group they'll have a lot of games to navigate. An injury to one of the front 3 or Van Dijk could easily see us drawing or losing games we've been winning unconvincingly in recent times.

I agree it would be an enormous choke if we don't go on to win from here. Can you imagine just how much the pressure will build if it starts to tighten up? Millions of fans, media, past-players, mental demons. It's why I'm so nervous as a fan.

Still a long way to go and if Liverpool get out of the CL group they'll have a lot of games to navigate. An injury to one of the front 3 or Van Dijk could easily see us drawing or losing games we've been winning unconvincingly in recent times.

I agree it would be an enormous choke if we don't go on to win from here. Can you imagine just how much the pressure will build if it starts to tighten up? Millions of fans, media, past-players, mental demons. It's why I'm so nervous as a fan.

Chelsea aren't going on a 20 game unbeaten run. Leicester the only team who could chase you down. I reckon city have folded their premier league chips and are going all in on the CL.

There seems to be more interest in who is getting the sack on a weekly basis than the title race. I also have a vague recollection of a Newcastle side under Keegan that coughed up a similar lead to Liverpool only to be chased down , so i guess it has be done , it would require a massive form slump which just doesn't seem likely ATM.

Everton, Bournemouth & Watford are the three PL games before Xmas. Short timeframe between games but those three teams occupy 17th, 12th & 20th on the table. There should be no reason not to expect to pick up 9 points

Fabinho is a loss but they will just drop Henderson back into his role and play Ox in a more advanced CM role.

We have been winning despite not playing well. Once the front three start to hit form again, look out

We won the champions league last year and only lost 1 game in the PL, the fixture is an over hyped issue.

If VVD gets injured that is a major concern but if he missed a few games as long as Matip was back I wouldn't be too uneasy. As for the front three they haven't been playing that well and we are winning so I wouldn't be too concerned.

Fact is we have lost 1 game in 50 something premier league games. The title isn't wrapped up but it is pretty ******* close

Averages 63 in South Africa against their greatest ever bowling attack, but also why do runs in England count but runs in Australia don't?

He hasn't been great overseas but he cops it more than any other player in history for that.
Yep because he belted a couple of centuries over there 5 & 1/2 years ago.

Let's be honest Warner is like the bloke who comes out and kicks 10-15 goals v a Gold Coast team/GWS team full of 17-18 year old kids. Then gives them lip all game acting like a big tough bully.

Then when he comes up against a good team full of strong players like a Geelong he goes to butter and tries to cheat becuase some of the other teams players had the bulls to stand up to him

Yep because he belted a couple of centuries over there 5 & 1/2 years ago.

Let's be honest Warner is like the bloke who comes out and kicks 10-15 goals v a Gold Coast team/GWS team full of 17-18 year old kids. Then gives them lip all game acting like a big tough bully.

Then when he comes up against a good team full of strong players like a Geelong he goes to butter and tries to cheat becuase some of the other teams players had the bulls to stand up to him
11 centuries against Eng Ind and SA. 15 if you include NZ.

11 centuries against Eng Ind and SA. 15 if you include NZ.
v England 2 centuries in 13/14 ashes Australia won 5-0 & 1 century in 17/18 ashes Australia won 4-0
v India 14/15 3 centuries Australia won 3-0
v NZ 2015 3 centuries Australia won 2-0 (could have been a 3-0 sweep if it wasn't for cement road of a deck at the WACA)

The series in South Africa 5 & 1/2 years ago I will give you, can't argue with that

But it goes to show you that if Warner comes up on a flat track against a team that is bereft of confidence or s**t he will absolutely slaughter them. If he comes up against a good team he goes missing very quickly against a red ball (which technically is not the ball he made the 300 with)

Awesome limited over cricketer though, I will happily give him that

v England 2 centuries in 13/14 ashes Australia won 5-0 & 1 century in 17/18 ashes Australia won 4-0
v India 14/15 3 centuries Australia won 3-0
v NZ 2015 3 centuries Australia won 2-0 (could have been a 3-0 sweep if it wasn't for cement road of a deck at the WACA)

The series in South Africa 5 & 1/2 years ago I will give you, can't argue with that

But it goes to show you that if Warner comes up on a flat track against a team that is bereft of confidence or s**t he will absolutely slaughter them. If he comes up against a good team he goes missing very quickly against a red ball (which technically is not the ball he made the 300 with)

Awesome limited over cricketer though, I will happily give him that
Or maybe it goes to show that when your opener scores centuries you win alot of games?

So basically no centuries recorded by australian players mean anything between 1995-2008 because we won most games?

Look man I can't be stuffed getting into this again. Outside of irrational hatred of the bloke he's been a very good cricketer for Australia who hasn't been good overseas generally. Bit hard to always slap him with flat track bully when he's literally facing the new rock every single time.

Without him we probably would have lost most series at home in the last 5 years so bad is our batting so I'm not sure why his scores at home don't count.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back