List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

There's not one that I wouldn't trade. Sloane's contract was looking dodgy last year, it'd be the most important to get off the books in a rebuild. And his leadership is way overvalued. He's been in the leadership group for ages, co-captain, vice captain, co-captain, captain. He's been driving player culture from a leadership position for nearly a decade. And yet here we are. Plus the tone deafness of saying the camp was the best thing ever for him ever. Spends a bit of time selecting from Chappy's wine cellar I reckon.
The most important in what respect ??

You keep him every day of the week.

Yes, but you can be not contracted and not an RFA. The RFA status provides a potentially different result to us in terms of ability to keep if we choose to match and compensation should we not. RFA is highly relevant given that if he's offered enough to warrant band 1, our finishing position provides us a gift of a pick. If he wasn't RFA and we just negotiated in good faith over an uncontracted player, we wouldn't be looking anywhere near as good as that. And then, even if he's band 2, we're looking at 18 as compo, so we'd have to match and risk keeping him to negotiate a better deal.

It's cute that you've chosen to make such a plainly meaningless and dumb statement. Now, back to your homework you little cutie. Adults are discussing very serious matters.
Why are you attacking them, for pointing out the redundancy in your own post? Your defence does not in any way make your previous post any less silly, and your personal attacks just make you look childish yourself.

Yes, a player can be uncontracted and not an RFA - but they cannot be a contracted RFA. Your previous post stated he was "uncontracted and RFA", which is a redundancy, because B cannot exist without A. You could/should have said he was an RFA, and that would have been sufficient. Dudersaurus may have been somewhat pedantic in pointing it out, but he certainly wasn't wrong - and certainly didn't deserve the personal attack with which you responded.

I actually really like the Crouch brothers and think in isolation they are both fantastic players. However for one reason or another they just aren’t getting it done for us.

Brad has more hurt factor but if we can get pick 2 for him let’s do the deal.

Very sad though. A few years ago he was the most talented young player the club had seen in years. Hasn’t lived up to his potential unfortunately.

I actually really like the Crouch brothers and think in isolation they are both fantastic players. However for one reason or another they just aren’t getting it done for us.

Very sad though. A few years ago he was the most talented young player the club had seen in years. Hasn’t lived up to his potential unfortunately.
He's coming into his prime at the same time the club is hitting the bottom.

Poor timing.

Remind me again who currently has the 2019 yellow jacket hanging in their wardrobe?
Remind me again who was easily our leader on the 2019 Brownlow medal board?
Remind me again who the Adelaide player was on top of the 2019 Adelaide AFL Coaches Award leaderboard?

Name me one of our players that is burning up the turf performance wise this season?

Last edited:
Yes, but you can be not contracted and not an RFA. The RFA status provides a potentially different result to us in terms of ability to keep if we choose to match and compensation should we not. RFA is highly relevant given that if he's offered enough to warrant band 1, our finishing position provides us a gift of a pick. If he wasn't RFA and we just negotiated in good faith over an uncontracted player, we wouldn't be looking anywhere near as good as that. And then, even if he's band 2, we're looking at 18 as compo, so we'd have to match and risk keeping him to negotiate a better deal.

It's cute that you've chosen to make such a plainly meaningless and dumb statement. Now, back to your homework you little cutie. Adults are discussing very serious matters.
Huh. With a username like yours I expected you were an adult.

Internet eh?

Sweet melt though.

The most important in what respect ??

You keep him every day of the week.

Would possibly the highest paid at the club off the back of a totally underwhelming season last year and a droppable start to this year. If it wasn't for most of the other senior players being largely as poor, he should be in the 2s with what he's dishing up. He's no longer a premium mid having been proven to be easily taken out of the game by a C grade grunt from the opposition. Right now, in terms of performance, he's giving us no more than Poholke would if he was given the midfield minutes. I take the point that Sloane played much less midfield time last game, but then that just enforces the point further. You don't pay big bucks to an average half forward. Sloane is worth about half of what's he's on at the moment in terms of playing performance. And we've got 2 or 3 years left at the price.

And before you offer up intangibles as being of value, I point to his long history as a leader of the group and just have a look at the group. If he's not paying his way on game day by his feats on the field, then he's not paying his way.

Why are you attacking them, for pointing out the redundancy in your own post? Your defence does not in any way make your previous post any less silly, and your personal attacks just make you look childish yourself.

Yes, a player can be uncontracted and not an RFA - but they cannot be a contracted RFA. Your previous post stated he was "uncontracted and RFA", which is a redundancy, because B cannot exist without A. You could/should have said he was an RFA, and that would have been sufficient. Dudersaurus may have been somewhat pedantic in pointing it out, but he certainly wasn't wrong - and certainly didn't deserve the personal attack with which you responded.

What's the point of the meaningless explanation? That he's an RFA is critical to the decision making that surrounds his potential exit. Step 1, he's uncontracted, as are other players, but on top of that he's also an RFA, so there's likely a very different outcome to an ordinary OOC, so it's relevant that he's RFA and not just an ordinary contracted player.

You still salty that I called you out on supporting the playing of injured players because of the experience they bring?

Remind me again who currently has the 2019 yellow jacket hanging in their wardrobe?
Remind me again who the Adelaide player was on top of the 2019 Adelaide AFL Coaches Award leaderboard?

Name me one of our players that is burning up the turf performance wise this season?

I think where he hasn't lived up to his potential is that he looked like being that player with the wheels that charges out of contested situations on foot and puts defenders under the pressure that ours are accustomed to. He's still our best midfielder to my mind and by a margin compared to our other workmanlike types. But, if he gets us band 1 and pick 2, that is a gift because that lack of use of his footspeed to cause damage has diminished the highs that I thought he was certain to attain. It might have been different without the injuries curtailing every second season, but it is what it is and I hope that if he's still got it, they coach him to use that pace for the rest of this year even if he gets run down and pinged HTB.

Would possibly the highest paid at the club off the back of a totally underwhelming season last year and a droppable start to this year. If it wasn't for most of the other senior players being largely as poor, he should be in the 2s with what he's dishing up. He's no longer a premium mid having been proven to be easily taken out of the game by a C grade grunt from the opposition. Right now, in terms of performance, he's giving us no more than Poholke would if he was given the midfield minutes. I take the point that Sloane played much less midfield time last game, but then that just enforces the point further. You don't pay big bucks to an average half forward. Sloane is worth about half of what's he's on at the moment in terms of playing performance. And we've got 2 or 3 years left at the price.

And before you offer up intangibles as being of value, I point to his long history as a leader of the group and just have a look at the group. If he's not paying his way on game day by his feats on the field, then he's not paying his way.
Should probably pay off Talia then.

You say some stupid things and this one is around the top of them.

Remind me again where we finished as a club in 2019?

Richard Douglas board

Given this years draft is so compromised by acadamy and F/S players..
This doesn't matter to us this year as we're on track to have pick 1 for say Thilthorpe. Then we also have Edwards (maybe FS) and Newchurch who may end up in r1 territory, and sounds like there are a good number of quality mids available.

wouldnt it be better to hold onto matt for another year and let him leave under free agency... probably get a better pick for him and the draft experts are saying next years draft is looking really strong. ...
If we can get a good pick for Matt this year, reckon we should do it. We will need it to pay for Edwards/Newchurch. or pick some gun mids, or at worst trade into next year during draft night if it looks like we can get away not needing it.

As we're rebuilding, the sooner we can get talent in, the sooner they can be ready and reduced exposed form (due to covid) might help us by reducing the draft cost to get players (assuming Ogilvie has done his intel homework).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the point of the meaningless explanation? That he's an RFA is critical to the decision making that surrounds his potential exit. Step 1, he's uncontracted, as are other players, but on top of that he's also an RFA, so there's likely a very different outcome to an ordinary OOC, so it's relevant that he's RFA and not just an ordinary contracted player.
You're like Fonzie - you can't just admit that you were in the wrong. Not content with doubling down, you're now tripling down...
You still salty that I called you out on supporting the playing of injured players because of the experience they bring?
Still making up strawmen I see - attacking me for a position I don't and never held?

Should probably pay off Talia then.

You say some stupid things and this one is around the top of them.
On Sloane I think he still could have a big impact in his last couple of years as a forward. Good mark and his defensive pressure in forward line holding ball in forward 50 is what we need and he still has desire and determination for pressure acts when fit. As a coach that’s where I would put him. Not as many posies but greater impact on game. What do we think ? On brad crouch he is def going , we can just hope for band 1 compo,. On camp fiasco kane said someone on list still has discontent from camp, who is it, maybe it was Brouch he seemed why he wanted leave last year even to Gold Coast. And Reid thinking multiple picks in top 20, I’m assuming he knows brad leaving he seems getting multiple picks says brad def leaving pick 2 or pick 19 😳 here we come pray band 1 not band 2. What do we think. Does this make sense ?

Leave poor OLD 1970crow alone. Keyboard Warriors have to bully other posters (except when they are shaking their fist at the moon), it’s in their dna.

Still waiting for 1970crow to provide the exact words by our auditor expressing his CONCERNS in our 2019 annual statement. Oh dear, how embarrassing 😂.

I’m not suggesting 2019 poor showing was his fault.
Just imagine if we picked this guy at Pick 14 not Gooch... :D

We'd have a big bodied mid that would be an amazing addition to our midfield.....Champion Data's No.1 Lions player for impact ahead of Lachie Neale, Hugh McCluggage, Dayne Zrko, Jarryd Lyons etc etc.

As I said I think he’s a fantastic player. Although he looked like he would be as good as Danger for a while there. Hasn’t come near that standard unfortunately

There's not one that I wouldn't trade. Sloane's contract was looking dodgy last year, it'd be the most important to get off the books in a rebuild. And his leadership is way overvalued. He's been in the leadership group for ages, co-captain, vice captain, co-captain, captain. He's been driving player culture from a leadership position for nearly a decade. And yet here we are. Plus the tone deafness of saying the camp was the best thing ever for him ever. Spends a bit of time selecting from Chappy's wine cellar I reckon.
For a few players, the camp was probably completely fine. I believe him and Tex when they say it was a positive for them. It probably was somewhere between a mild positive and kind of dumb for the vast majority of players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back