List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

This may be wishful thinking but will set club up for a prolonged period of success and kids that are from SA. The club need to right the wrong of last years draft and trade period before its too late.

Round 1 2020:
Laird Talia Brown
Doedee Francis Lukosius
McHenry Sloane (C) Hately
Walker CCJ Jones
Stengle FOG Rankine

ROB Smithers (VC) Milera
CEY Gibbs Knight Gallucci

Lukosius to go Forward after Walker retires and McLennan to slot in at Half back.

Try for Grundy as Free Agent 2020 if not shouldn’t need him with CCJ developing into No.1 ruck eventually. But would bring flag window forward getting him.

Depth:
Seed, Hartigan, McKay, Himmelberg, McAdam, Hammil, Sholl, Davis, McPherson, Strachan, butts, McLennan, Murphy, Jacobs

Retiring:
Betts (if he wants to go to Gold Coast let him, but ideal mentor for stengle, McAdam & Rankine)
Douglas (Sanfl Mentor/coaching role)
Otten (sanfl mentor/coaching role)

Delisting:
Wilson
Poholke

Trading:
Greenwood/2xCrouch & P3- Suns for Lukosius, McLennan & Rankine
Keath - Dogs for P12
Lynch - Melb for P20
Jenkins - who cares as long as we can Salary dump.
Kelly - Pies (P30)
Rat & Future first - GWS for Hately
P21 & 20- Tigers for Coleman-Jones
P12 - Bombers for Francis

You lost me at Depth - Mackay

Trading:
Greenwood/2xCrouch & P3- Suns for Lukosius, McLennan & Rankine
Keath - Dogs for P12
Lynch - Melb for P20
Jenkins - who cares as long as we can Salary dump.
Kelly - Pies (P30)
Rat & Future first - GWS for Hately
P21 & 20- Tigers for Coleman-Jones
P12 - Bombers for Francis
McLennan actually WANTED to go to the Suns, so he'd be one of the least likely to leave now.
In no reasonable world is Keath netting Pick 12.
Melbourne won't pay Pick 20 for Lynch, when he's turning 30 next year and only averaging a goal per game this year.

McLennan actually WANTED to go to the Suns, so he'd be one of the least likely to leave now.
In no reasonable world is Keath netting Pick 12.
Melbourne won't pay Pick 20 for Lynch, when he's turning 30 next year and only averaging a goal per game this year.

Was in all Australian form before his injury, and of a teams offering big money he’ll cost a first.

It's ludicrous to think we cannot fit Keath & Doedee in our side.

They are both top 10 players at our club.

Exactly! I can understand the age argument re trading Keath (although I don’t agree) but the thinking that Hartigan is a lock as our CHB so we can’t possibly play both Keath and Doedee is a flippin joke.

Hartigan is a TERRIBLE player and having Keath, Doedee and Talia in the same side is a massive improvement.

Hopefully we can pull Francis as well and Doedee becomes our medium defender, another massive improvement on Kelly.

Exactly! I can understand the age argument re trading Keath (although I don’t agree) but the thinking that Hartigan is a lock as our CHB so we can’t possibly play both Keath and Doedee is a flippin joke.

Hartigan is a TERRIBLE player and having Keath, Doedee and Talia in the same side is a massive improvement.

Hopefully we can pull Francis as well and Doedee becomes our medium defender, another massive improvement on Kelly.
The longer this year has gone the more I would pay up for Gould over Francis.
Talia Keath Gould Doodee. Butts I reckon could be MR versatile a bit like Blicavs

Hartigan Kelly gonski

Can some one tell me why the majority of people want Keath and Greenwood moved on
is longer contracts and money
To me you don't sign them up, have them on a Rookie list for ???years. up grade them
then move them on.
I'm not sure that anyone wants them moved on, they're just not that desperate to retain them.

Both players have allegedly been offered longer term contracts than what Adelaide is prepared to offer. Keath is 28, playing in the easiest position on the field (unaccountable intercept defender), with Doedee set to return in 2020. Greenwood is 27 (28 in March), and while he plays the occasional cameo, he's never played a consistent game at AFL level.

Given that Adelaide currently have a big problem caused by offering long-term contracts to aging players, they're rightly reluctant to do so to players who haven't really proven themselves. If another club is prepared to make them long-term offers, then the AFC is probably willing to trade them rather than accept the risk of signing them to long-term contracts ourselves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hypothetical..

ADELAIDE AFL-Club-of-Origin Team - 2019 players only

B J.Lever, D.Talia, R.Laird
HB T.Doedee, P.Davis, B.Smith
C B.Crouch, P.Dangerfield, R.Henderson
HF J.Lyons, T.Walker, W.Milera
F J.Gunston, S.McKernan, C.Cameron
R R.O'Brien, R.Sloane, M. Crouch
I From-: J.Kelly, H.Greenwood, E.Curnow, R.Atkins, C.Ellis-Yolmen, R.Knight, D.Mackay, J.Gallucci, L.Murphy, A.Otten, E.Himmelberg, M.McGovern, K.Hartigan, R.Douglas, C.Jones, M.Poholke, B.Davis, D. Fogarty, N.McHenry, A.McPherson, W.Hamill, P.Hunter, L.Sholl

>>> McAdam* (Carl), Gibbs (Carl), Betts (Carl), Jacobs (Carl), Seedsman (Coll), Jenkins (Ess), Keath (GC), Brown* (GWS), Stengle (Rich), Lynch (StK). *Technically, McAdam & Brown were selected by Carlton & GWS, and then traded to us.
What about B Crouch GWS and M Crouch from the Vince to Melb Draft Pick.

I'm not sure that anyone wants them moved on, they're just not that desperate to retain them.

Both players have allegedly been offered longer term contracts than what Adelaide is prepared to offer. Keath is 28, playing in the easiest position on the field (unaccountable intercept defender), with Doedee set to return in 2020. Greenwood is 27 (28 in March), and while he plays the occasional cameo, he's never played a consistent game at AFL level.

Given that Adelaide currently have a big problem caused by offering long-term contracts to aging players, they're rightly reluctant to do so to players who haven't really proven themselves. If another club is prepared to make them long-term offers, then the AFC is probably willing to trade them rather than accept the risk of signing them to long-term contracts ourselves.
👍

Are we holding off on list management decisions for a reason? Waiting for a new coaches opinion? If we get smashed this weekend I reckon Pyke might walk/get pushed.... although I put most of the blame at the feet of PPT team and Burton. Our players are cooked!!

Are we holding off on list management decisions for a reason? Waiting for a new coaches opinion? If we get smashed this weekend I reckon Pyke might walk/get pushed.... although I put most of the blame at the feet of PPT team and Burton. Our players are cooked!!
Yeah there's no real reason to do it this week, particularly with SANFL finals to come.

My guess is some players already know their futures

Can some one tell me why the majority of people want Keath and Greenwood moved on
To me you don't sign them up, have them on a Rookie list for ???years. up grade them
then move them on.
Keath is a must keep .....end of story !!

then move them on.

When you take all of the emotion/sentiment out of it and boil it back they're assets with some value on the market. That value is set to decline.

And to us, as a club we're going to get zero return (in terms of premierships) from those assets if we keep them. We bought 'em low, now sell them high.

I understand theres a club culture counter-argument here, but lets be honest - we're at rock bottom in that department anyway, so not much to lose.

Not advocating for trading out everyone over 25 - agree that we need to keep experience in place to guide the kids coming through, but we're not short on that with guys like Sloane/Talia

Keath is a must keep .....end of story !!

Only if you believe we can win a Premiership in his remaining years. Maybe he proves super-durable (does have a bit of a Dustin Fletcher look about him) and plays 5-6 more, in which case you might be right. Hard to see us realistically rebuilding to contention in less than 4 though?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back