List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Would Lynch net us a 2nd round pick?

We should be pushing him out the door. Will only get in the way of Fog/Himmelberg/Luko/whoever else.

I’d ask for more than 44 tbh. Not having enough salary cap space should not be an issue in 2020, so there’s no benefit there.

We should be trying convince Betts to stay for 2020.
If carlton want him they pay for him.

We shouldn't be trying at all. We should be encouraging Betts to look for other options if he wants to continue his AFL career, or go into a development role with us.

Playing Betts only harms us from here as it is pissing games away on a 33 year old, when we have options who need AFL game time, and it's more salary cap freed up. I'd be comfortable offering a good bit of money to the players we're building our next generation around to make sure they don't look elsewhere, or trying to entice someone with promise, and in a poor list situation to make the switch over (Though it may be a tad late for most).

We shouldn't be trying at all. We should be encouraging Betts to look for other options if he wants to continue his AFL career, or go into a development role with us.

Playing Betts only harms us from here as it is pi**ing games away on a 33 year old, when we have options who need AFL game time, and it's more salary cap freed up. I'd be comfortable offering a good bit of money to the players we're building our next generation around to make sure they don't look elsewhere, or trying to entice someone with promise, and in a poor list situation to make the switch over (Though it may be a tad late for most).

Playing Betts doesn't hurt us if there's nothing else to pick from, and so far we don't, especially since the next best is Murphy, who is already barely in the side.

We can't ditch everyone over 27 and play nothing but 19 year olds, other teams have already demonstrated that does nothing but burn another 10 years and two dozen careers for no result.

Playing Betts doesn't hurt us if there's nothing else to pick from, and so far we don't, especially since the next best is Murphy, who is already barely in the side.

We can't ditch everyone over 27 and play nothing but 19 year olds, other teams have already demonstrated that does nothing but burn another 10 years and two dozen careers for no result.
I would have thought as of next year that Stengle is a clear replacement.

Yes but as per your other post, GWS have an incentive to do a deal, Carlton don’t. SOS didn’t even want him.

For us we get rid of Betts salary and that’s our win, we are not going to get a decent pick. No chance.
That’s where it gets interesting. It seems Carlton don’t want his salary, and we don’t want to pay some of it, especially if we giving him away.

So what’s the compromise?

Since when do we want to get rid of Betts?

I don't think we will stand in his way given the impact he has had on our club, but since are we playing nice with SOS...
Agreed. We have zero financial reason to get rid of Betts. We don't need to open up salary cap room, as we have massive amounts coming off the cap already.

It either makes rebuild sense, or we keep him for his final year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I completely disagree. There is a time and a place to be giving them away, and an small forward who is 33, on goodish money, and us entering a rebuild/restructure/whatever is one of those times.

Get rid of him for whatever you can get and put the freed up salary cap into locking up the next core. Keeping Betts serves no purpose for us now.
We're going to struggle to reach the 95% salary floor, the way we're cutting players.

The salary cap is $11m, and we could potentially already be cutting $2m from it.

If we don't get something we need through trading Betts, we don't trade him. And we don't need salary cap room.

We're going to struggle to reach the 95% salary floor, the way we're cutting players.

The salary cap is $11m, and we could potentially already be cutting $2m from it.

If we don't get something we need through trading Betts, we don't trade him. And we don't need salary cap room.
There is no chance we are getting a decent pick for Betts

So keep him. Play him for 12 games, but none in the SANFL. He moves to a mentorship role for our next generation of small forwards.

That is worth a lot more than pick 56.
He doesn’t want to be here though and despite what you are saying about not needing the salary cap, I believe the club won’t make it hard for him to leave

He doesn’t want to be here though and despite what you are saying about not needing the salary cap, I believe the club won’t make it hard for him to leave
That's not true .....but it was said yesterday, that his post football career would be at CARL in Melbourne

So 1 year at the Crows v 2 years at CARL & a post career job ......it's another Jacobs scenario

Agree Crows won't stand in his way .....but won't carry any of his salary, which will be the sticking point

But also CARL chasing Paply

based on?

Has Eddie said this or us it whispers

That's not true .....but it was said yesterday, that his post football career would be at CARL in Melbourne

So 1 year at the Crows v 2 years at CARL & a post career job ......it's another Jacobs scenario

Agree Crows won't stand in his way .....but won't carry any of his salary, which will be the sticking point

But also CARL chasing Paply
But the story is he’s only getting one year at Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back