List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

He's likely to get an offer well in advance of what we are paying him.

Up until this week, I would have said, nah I reckon we pay him enough to keep him.

That port loss however, may have made me agree with you. We look like we're firmly heading to rebuild territory, and CEY is another piece which is more problematic then useful, but more due to us having way too many midfielders with no flexibility whatsoever.

I'd absolutely be prepared to give Andy Otten another 12 month contract too, showing invaluable leadership and mentoring to the young guys coming through the SANFL system, a big strong body to protect the kids and he's certainly still an AFL break glass swingman option.

Not surprising, you back in the coaches when they select out of form seniors like Mackay and Dougie. Otten is an AFL break glass undersized KPD and nothing else. He’s no swingman and cannot play on anyone that isn’t key position level slow.

I wonder what we could get for him. At the moment GC have picks 1,15,49. I wouldn’t be happy with pick 49. It would not be worth it. If he was keen to go to GC, they have shown they’re willing to overpay for a player who is willing to go there.
We’d have to eye off their pick 15 and maybe give them something else back.

We’re in a bit of trouble with picks and list. We’ve got 3 good picks to use then we hit 100+ as our 4th. We’ve got 5 players that are either past it or perennially average. And that’s before any delistings. Although, I’m not sure we’ve got any certain delistings from the main list that aren’t 30+. It looks like it might be difficult to send a player and a pick for a pick. How many players picked at 100+ would we want on our main list. The other option is to extend our old crew, which I’m sure will be the solution.

We’re in a bit of trouble with picks and list. We’ve got 3 good picks to use then we hit 100+ as our 4th. We’ve got 5 players that are either past it or perennially average. And that’s before any delistings. Although, I’m not sure we’ve got any certain delistings from the main list that aren’t 30+. It looks like it might be difficult to send a player and a pick for a pick. How many players picked at 100+ would we want on our main list. The other option is to extend our old crew, which I’m sure will be the solution.

We could quite easily delist at least 10 players this year who are either past their best or not up to playing consistently even average AFL football.

We could quite easily delist at least 10 players this year who are either past their best or not up to playing consistently even average AFL football.
You've gotta have the picks to replace them.

Not surprising, you back in the coaches when they select out of form seniors like Mackay and Dougie. Otten is an AFL break glass undersized KPD and nothing else. He’s no swingman and cannot play on anyone that isn’t key position level slow.
Otto would be fine as that break glass KPD, and I'm pretty sure he's aware that's his position on the list.

Of the 3 he's the only one id even consider keeping.

10 to delist seems a lot off the main list, my five are, with my % that nobody would trade for them if they weren’t FA;
Dougie 100%
Mackay 100%
Sauce 100%
Otten 100%
Betts 60%

Betts I think we’d get a late pick for as he’s contracted. But I think he needs a new environment to re-energise and return to genuinely selectable form.

Having just looked through our list, I can’t see any players who we wouldn’t have a chance at negotiating at least a useable 3rd - 4th rounder for. Maybe McPherson, but we’ve come this far with him. In any case, whatever your list is, delisting them will result in an extra pick in the 100’s. 2 of the above 5 going add 2 100+ and any deal that involves a player and a pick for 1 pick or 1 player adds another one. Unless it’s Betts from the above list, the others go as FAs anyway.

Otto would be fine as that break glass KPD, and I'm pretty sure he's aware that's his position on the list.

That’s not really in our control. They’re picking first and are on record as being desperate for an extra free pick. They could take the view taking Hugh in the PSD is fair and reasonable given their plight. Either way, we won’t be getting anything close to fair value. Whatever he’s worth, deduct 2 rounds and that’s what we’ll be forced to accept. Unless there’s a player of their’s that wants out to us.

I’m comfortable with him in that role, but I’d rather go with 2 only rather than he be a 3rd in the event that one of the other 3 talls misses. If one misses, I’d like us to use Kelly as the 3rd tall defender and use the freed up spot for a more attacking player with at least very good disposal. The only time we’ve done that this year was to send Mackay back there. Right principle, disastrous implementation and I hope that they haven’t shelved it because Mackay was such a failure in that game.

Bicks still thinks he’s a swingman, 3rd tall, utility type.

I'd absolutely be prepared to give Andy Otten another 12 month contract too, showing invaluable leadership and mentoring to the young guys coming through the SANFL system, a big strong body to protect the kids and he's certainly still an AFL break glass swingman option.
Agree Otten been a great servant of club and could have been a star without major injuries but he has to be delisted to reduce numbers to get draft picks.
Understanding if we want to keep CEY we need to clear a space on main list and I think we need to get Butts onto there as well ASAP as real need for KDP.
With 2 picks in top 20 I would think would need 4 picks in main draft .
Remembering a lot of players that posters on here want to delist are on contracts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree Otten been a great servant of club and could have been a star without major injuries but he has to be delisted to reduce numbers to get draft picks.
Understanding if we want to keep CEY we need to clear a space on main list and I think we need to get Butts onto there as well ASAP as real need for KDP.
With 2 picks in top 20 I would think would need 4 picks in main draft .
Remembering a lot of players that posters on here want to delist are on contracts.
Can't we just 'rookie' list Otten?

10 to delist seems a lot off the main list, my five are, with my % that nobody would trade for them if they weren’t FA;
Dougie 100%
Mackay 100%
Sauce 100%
Otten 100%
Betts 60%

Betts I think we’d get a late pick for as he’s contracted. But I think he needs a new environment to re-energise and return to genuinely selectable form.

Having just looked through our list, I can’t see any players who we wouldn’t have a chance at negotiating at least a useable 3rd - 4th rounder for. Maybe McPherson, but we’ve come this far with him. In any case, whatever your list is, delisting them will result in an extra pick in the 100’s. 2 of the above 5 going add 2 100+ and any deal that involves a player and a pick for 1 pick or 1 player adds another one. Unless it’s Betts from the above list, the others go as FAs anyway.

Past their best

Mackay - LOL
Douglas - LOL
Sauce
Betts
Otten
Gibbs
jenkins

Not up to AFL standard:

Poholke
Davis
Knight

Trade bait:

Laird
Smith
Gallucci
Greenwood
Atkins

I reckon we will only see 4-5 changes so it will take 2 years to offload the players in the first two columns.

You've gotta have the picks to replace them.

I didn't say we will. I said we quite easily could. I would suggest we will make only 4 to 5 changes especially considering it's no longer much point trading IN. That boat has sailed unless we can trade in a quality player 24 and under. If not, we need to get as many picks as possible. Rebuilding is fun!

Hawks into Greenwood according to afl.com.au.

They're after Coniglio and Patton too, so can't imagine they can offer Greenwood much more $$$ than us.
Not necesassarily. Chad Wingard. Hawthorn seem to have lost the plot. They think they will trade their way to a flag. They need to go to the draft and not trade in players that will be 28 next year. 28 is the perfect age to move a player. Seems like afc is finally learning.

On field coach role like wright would be it. He wouldn't play AFL.
Not sure. Isn't there enough ex players down there? I would prefer ex players who have ventured out to other clubs and gained experience like Rutten and Bassett over Otten.

Not sure. Isn't there enough ex players down there? I would prefer ex players who have ventured out to other clubs and gained experience like Rutten and Bassett over Otten.
Nah think we are pretty young in our backlines and Otten from all reports is a cluey dude.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back