List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Just out if interest what would Jacobs cost a club trade wise?
Still think he has a fair bit to offer to clubs (not just Essendon).
I know we were super keen on Brad Crouch a couple of times in the past but that ship sailed.
As a Adelaide based Bombers fan I’m ecstatic with our bunch of SA lads ATM so please keep your hands off any of those 😉

Would be close to unrestricted I’d think. If restricted it’d probably be one of those picks around 70 so he can get straight on a plane over to you.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Like I said I've watched partington not only get a heap of possies but rip it up

Remember the bays are crap normally we are on fire this year because he is dominating making every crow player look crap but you would trust west coast in saying he's not up to it

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have you notice his 2nd grabs, the time from the ball in hand to effective disposal, and how quick is his decision making, and how many times does he run from contest to contest, ie is he following the play, or does he read the play. It's the little thing that separate SANFL to AFL.
and I have really only seen him a couple of times, Some player can learn and improve, ie CEY he is a far better player since he started to read the game rather than Follow the play. yet when he followed the play he was racking up huge numbers.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Didn't he say he wanted to come home. ;)
He’s too injury prone.. they can keep him or trade him to port..

They can trade fanta to port.. we then straight swap gooch for francis..

Gooch can be essendons replacement for fanta.. atleast gooch isnt injury prone and has the talent but doesnt get used to his abilities at our club because our coaches are dicks.. and we’ll get francis who probably wants to come home anyway and helps bolster our defensive stocks.

We can spare gooch.. we’ve got a fair few small/medium mid/forward types now..

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have you notice his 2nd grabs, the time from the ball in hand to effective disposal, and how quick is his decision making, and how many times does he run from contest to contest, ie is he following the play, or does he read the play. It's the little thing that separate SANFL to AFL.
and I have really only seen him a couple of times, Some player can learn and improve, ie CEY he is a far better player since he started to read the game rather than Follow the play. yet when he followed the play he was racking up huge numbers.
Partington has been our saviour truly our team has been crap for years

He has dominated but again we have seen how Steve summerton grigg now partington has dominated the comp but isn't capable at AFL level and none will be

Its sad but the comp is a part timers group so full time professionals will have an enormous advantage

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Let’s hope your info is correct, it’s this or fall off a cliff for the next few years. The club would know this.

Safe, and also reactive rather than proactive. At the time they were probably still looking through the lens of the 2017 campaign too, which by now should be long gone.

It will be very interesting to see what they do in the trade period.

Yes we were clearly looking at last year through the 2017 lens. When that fell apart we tried one more time this year but that hasn’t worked

Based on my source and who he spoke to I’m expecting not wholesale changes but a significant refresh

Mego Red

The Artist Formerly Known As Kristof
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Soft spot for Brisbane
You could be right but if the trades are done correctly and the team starts winning straight away, they will be forgotten quite quickly.

Based on past players traded, all 3 would gain us a top 10 pick.

Add 4 top 10 picks to Jones and McHenry and we are starting a brand new era.
Except we've lost three of our five best players, and added kids. We'll immediately be MUCH worse.

We'll have a six win year, and another the following year. Players will then start to leave because they want success, and we would MAYBE have two good players replacing the three we've lost, because there's always significant risk in the draft.

It would take us a decade to recover.

Idontpullout

All Australian
May 6, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nothing wrong with that if it’s releasing players who can move the ball forward and get us into scoring positions. We have a poor midfield coaching crew in Godden, Pyke and Campo.
That's a fair point. Priddis at west coast was one of the best I've seen with that skill set.
I just think someone needs to go moving forward as a midfield of crouch bros Sloane greenwood/cey won't be winning us any flags

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yes we were clearly looking at last year through the 2017 lens. When that fell apart we tried one more time this year but that hasn’t worked

Based on my source and who he spoke to I’m expecting not wholesale changes but a significant refresh

My money would be on that not happening. I doubt we even get all 4 of the absolutely obvious forced retirements.

scoota10

Club Legend
Nov 20, 2010
By the W/Adelaide BBQ
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
His athleticism is off the charts by all reports, the early comparison that's being thrown around is Brodie Grundy so dominant has he been against his peers.

Named again for Westies League team on the weekend which is some sort of feat for a 200cm 96 kg kid that only had his 17th birthday a week ago.
Would no doubt have led the SA Ruck division as an under ager at this year's Championships if not injured at the time.

Bicks
I don't know if you know R Thithorpe had 6 touches today for 3 gls 1 pt ☺

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 26, 2015
The Land of Apricot Slice
AFL Club
Adelaide
Everyone's gone off Matt crouch real quick.
Yep. Can't understand it. Literally walks into any clubs best 22. Genuine inside mid who wins the ball.

It's what happens after that which is the issue. We need outside leg speed, not to get rid of our best inside mid.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
He’s too injury prone.. they can keep him or trade him to port..

They can trade fanta to port.. we then straight swap gooch for francis..

Gooch can be essendons replacement for fanta.. atleast gooch isnt injury prone and has the talent but doesnt get used to his abilities at our club because our coaches are dicks.. and we’ll get francis who probably wants to come home anyway and helps bolster our defensive stocks.

We can spare gooch.. we’ve got a fair few small/medium mid/forward types now..
You missed the boat with Aaron, he is loving life now and will put pen to paper on an extension very soon according to his brother. Fanta will stay but his injuries are becoming a huge concern.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You missed the boat with Aaron, he is loving life now and will put pen to paper on an extension very soon according to his brother. Fanta will stay but his injuries are becoming a huge concern.
And good on him.

Infuriating that he asked for a trade home and we turned our noses up.

NFI

Glenny83

Club Legend
Sep 15, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
So Greenwood spent the mid season break on the Gold Coast, I think GC would genuinely love him on their team with his professionalism, mid-forward role, etc. If we are going to trade him, I’d like to see us trying get a couple of their players as opposed to a pick. Obviously the discussion is Luko, but besides him and Rankine, who could thrive in our set-up and hasn’t set the world on fire?

I like Lemmens and/or Ah Chee as a potential trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Viva la Mattner

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 30, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cleveland Browns, Tottenham
So Greenwood spent the mid season break on the Gold Coast, I think GC would genuinely love him on their team with his professionalism, mid-forward role, etc. If we are going to trade him, I’d like to see us trying get a couple of their players as opposed to a pick. Obviously the discussion is Luko, but besides him and Rankine, who could thrive in our set-up and hasn’t set the world on fire?

I like Lemmens and/or Ah Chee as a potential trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Jack Martin
Touk Miller
Will Brodie
Alex Sexton

Jun 18, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Round 1 next year lineup I would like to see

FB: Brown - Talia - Laird
HB: Smith - Hartigan - Doedee - (Kelly)
C: Milera - MCrouch - Seedsman
HF: Lynch - Himmelberg - Gallucci - (recruit)
FF: McAdam - Fogarty - recruit
R: ROB - Sloane - BCrouch - Jones - (CEY)

We should spend both second rounders on quick strong pressure forwards. Players like Rioli Ryan JCameron Daniels Ian Hill etc. We will not stand a chance against good teams without that forward pressure and it’s not coming from Eddie Murphy and Knight.
McAdam is not AFL standard yet

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Johnny Rutten

Anarchy for the AFC, it's coming sometime...
Apr 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
For real?

In that case delist. What’s the point of having a 25 year old potential pressure forward developing in the SANFL for multiple years.

Nah I reckon he plays or at least he should play.
Has the skills, needs another pre-season. I still have confidence that he will be a good player for us in 2020.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
I watched the first half of the Suns vs Carlton game and Luko looked great. Seems to already be their teams designated kicker out of defense, which is pretty amazing when you think he's a 193cm, 18 year old kid in his first season. Lot of respect for his skills!

Still baffles me that people don't think this kid will make an impact. He will be a star!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back