List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Did used to think that myself. Got a big tank and can get up and back like Lynch.

I’ve changed on that though - I think he will end up being more the Walker replacement. Such a beautiful field kick and lead up player. Can see him controlling CHF and sweeping around with 40-50 field kicks deep into the forward area.

Himmelberg and Fog to play the support roles.
I agree with the controlling CHF area but I would allow him to roam past the centre as a conduit to the other forwards, Himmelberg deep, Fog 40+ and out Stengle,Mchenry and Betts replacement (Mcadam?) all getting to around the fall of the ball but starting around that 30-50m out space.

I agree with the controlling CHF area but I would allow him to roam past the centre as a conduit to the other forwards, Himmelberg deep, Fog 40+ and out Stengle,Mchenry and Betts replacement (Mcadam?) all getting to around the fall of the ball but starting around that 30-50m out space.
Yeah look, plenty of merit to that set up.

I think he will be a star, and so at a minimum, he’d play the Lynch role to a far higher level.

TBH I think he will just roam and own whatever space he chooses. I guess I’m kind of visualising Tex circa 2015 running up the wing on the G hitting Cameron with a 40m bullet.

Happy days

The only issue with a Berg, Fog, Luko tall set up is it's essentially the same lack of speed we have now. You'd almost throw Luko to a wing

We need to find some quality small forwards in the next year or 2.

It’s not an issue if you have a good midfield and a couple of good small forwards.
Very big IF.

We haven't developed that midfield and we don't have any high class small forwards. McHenry may develop into one but I'd prefer to use him upfield more.

Very big IF.

We haven't developed that midfield and we don't have any high class small forwards. McHenry may develop into one but I'd prefer to use him upfield more.
Let’s aim to have them in 5 years. Get the building blocks in place, then fill around them.
Bring free agents in to help fill these areas if needed.

List of Irish players on AFL lists:
James Madden (Brisbane), Mark Keane (Collingwood), Anton Tohill (Collingwood), Conor McKenna (Essendon), Mark O'Connor (Geelong), Stefan Okunbor (Geelong), Zach Tuohy (Geelong), Pearce Hanley (Gold Coast), Callum Brown (Greater Western Sydney), Conor Glass (Hawthorn), Conor Nash (Hawthorn), Red Og Murphy (North Melbourne), Darragh Joyce (St Kilda), Colin O'Riordan (Sydney), Barry O'Connor (Sydney)*

After the antics of McKenna on the weekend, and the continued success of Irish players in recent years, why on earth haven't considered an Irish player at Adelaide?
We have unearthed the ultimate run & carry Irish player... O'Mackay.

I hear our crowds regularly calling out his name. ;)

List of Irish players on AFL lists:
James Madden (Brisbane), Mark Keane (Collingwood), Anton Tohill (Collingwood), Conor McKenna (Essendon), Mark O'Connor (Geelong), Stefan Okunbor (Geelong), Zach Tuohy (Geelong), Pearce Hanley (Gold Coast), Callum Brown (Greater Western Sydney), Conor Glass (Hawthorn), Conor Nash (Hawthorn), Red Og Murphy (North Melbourne), Darragh Joyce (St Kilda), Colin O'Riordan (Sydney), Barry O'Connor (Sydney)*

After the antics of McKenna on the weekend, and the continued success of Irish players in recent years, why on earth haven't considered an Irish player at Adelaide?
We did have a couple. Brian Donnelly and I forget the other guy. Circa 2010.

They both stunk and we didn't revisit it

...which reminds me!

David Burtenshaw: Also it wouldn’t hurt you to loosen up a bit in your interviews. The public don’t want to hear how we are going to grind out loss after loss with the same approach. Consistency, patience, persistence… they don’t want to hear that stuff. We’re losing games… they need to be assured that they are going to see something different. You need to relax a little, drop your guard and maybe crack a joke or two as well.

<Stephen Trigg makes a frantic throat-slashing gesture to David Burtenshaw>

Neil Craig: (brightening) Really? Jokes?! That’s right up my alley! You should have heard some of the zingers I’ve been telling in our match committee meetings.

<Stephen Trigg face palms>

Neil Craig: Stephen, Phil… you’ve heard them? I’ve got a whole routine almost worked out… Oh boy, I feel rejuvenated now. Actually can we cancel training today? I’ve got that SEN interview tomorrow morning and I want to prepare. Oh, I can’t wait.

Stephen Trigg: Perhaps… don’t go overboard on the jokey-aspect too soon. It’s a pretty low key interview. They just wanted to get your opinion about the possible expansion of the game overseas and the connection with Ireland. That’s right isn’t it David?

David Burtenshaw: Yeah-

Neil Craig: Ok, I’ve got one. Tell me if you think this is funny. What do you call an Irishman sitting on your front verandah?

<Everyone stares blankly>

Neil Craig: Give up? Paddy O’Furniture. Ha-ha! Oh yeah, that’s going in the act. Man, I don’t think I’m going to be able to hold it together during the interview. I hope we prerecord just in case I lose it completely. David, can you make sure you tape it for me?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ricky Henderson and Jarrod Lyons.

A couple of guys who could potentially make the AA Squad.

Reckon any Club would be stupid to give them away?
Like Gold Coast?
Hawks have done well to turn Hendo into a semi decent player. I watch him closely when the hawks play and have to say he still runs around with zero physicality.

Like Gold Coast?
Hawks have done well to turn Hendo into a semi decent player. I watch him closely when the hawks play and have to say he still runs around with zero physicality.
Our players run around with physicality? At least he’s got a skill set we need and it would have meant Mackay wouldn’t be playing

Our players run around with physicality? At least he’s got a skill set we need and it would have meant Mackay wouldn’t be playing
Come on, Henderson was a whipping boy when he played for us. Good on him carving out a decent career at another club

Like Gold Coast?

Gold Coast didn't give him away - but yes, let's compare ourselves to that basketcase.

My Hawks supporting mates love Hendo - they can't believe we gave him away.

Come on, Henderson was a whipping boy when he played for us. Good on him carving out a decent career at another club
He was but as he has been capable of forging a decent career elsewhere, it’s a * up by our coaches that he couldn’t here, it’s not like we had an abundance of his type.

His last game with us he was our best player in a crucial game where everyone else failed and we dropped him for the final we lost.

That doesn’t seem to bright too me.

Its almost a certainty that Grundy is back on our radar.

There will be no other news that will make this season disappear in a puff of smoke and put bums on seats , make memberships valuable again

Grundy to Adelaide for $1.6m per year will be the AFC doing what it can to shut the ''agitators'' and make the happy clappers happy again

In Stone!

Like Gold Coast?
Agree, it's Clarkson that made him into the player he has become, he has a done this to countless players.

Hendo copped s**t on here for being an outside player. Wow... a long kicking, running, outside player who's decent overhead. Who needs that?

Atkins critics take note.

Hendo is better than Atkins.

Another guy we shuffled around constantly, instead of putting him in his ideal position, and letting him establish himself.

Hendo copped s**t on here for being an outside player. Wow... a long kicking, running, outside player who's decent overhead. Who needs that?

Atkins critics take note.

He copped s**t for being a terrible defender (the only position we played him in) and a guy that constantly heard footsteps.

The one time he looked good was when we played him up forward due to necessity. Dominated. But nah, back to defence he went, we all got frustrated, he left, Hawthorn played him as a wing and now he's in All Australian form.

We couldn't play him on a wing because we were too busy playing Mackay, Van Berlo, Wright, Grigg and ah... Brodie Martin there?

Gold coast can have our experienced, train the house down setting the correct standards Mackay, Douglas and Gibbs for what ever kind of Priority pick they get that has to be traded.

We need to offload so much dead weight it isnt funny, we need to have a really s**t year next season finish bottom 4 and get access to the best talent, west coast have done it multiple times now and then shot back up the ladder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back