List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers

600k or maybe even more??... where do these Melbourne clubs find all this spare salary cap space?..

They can have him at that price, or more, and they can give us their 1st rounder and we’ll throw some steak knives back... We’ll have Doedee back next year and we also have Butts developing nicely... plenty of cover.

Quick... someone start up another “death-riding Melbourne” thread...

Oh... wait.... doesn’t look like we actually need to...

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
600k or maybe even more??... where do these Melbourne clubs find all this spare salary cap space?..

They can have him at that price, or more, and they can give us their 1st rounder and we’ll throw some steak knives back... We’ll have Doedee back next year and we also have Butts developing nicely... plenty of cover.

Quick... someone start up another “death-riding Melbourne” thread...

Oh... wait.... doesn’t look like we actually need to...
imagine that..Melbourne needing to give us their 1st rounder for Keath (with maybe a pick 19 coming back) and they finish bottom 2 this year..along with Carlton. Picks 1 & 2 to us!!

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
We are a soft touch for interstate club. So much tied up in the older player and not resigning player soon enough. Keith should have been signed at the start of the year.

Crow_68

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 15, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
Only Melbourne could spend 3 x 1sts on 2 defenders already, but wait there’s more, we’ll spend at least another 1st on another defender.

Then in the meantime we’ll trade out our best key forward which then simultaneously isolates our other key forward and ruins his career.

You couldn’t make it up

And spending a significant % of your salary cap on said players plus a back up ruckman.

Backline is the least of Melbourne’s issues.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We are a soft touch for interstate club. So much tied up in the older player and not resigning player soon enough. Keith should have been signed at the start of the year.
Could be a great result for us. He’s cost us nothing and could turn him into a mid 1st maybe even higher.

We have plenty of coverage, Doedee to come back and Butts is shaping as a carbon copy of Keath but a will be a bit better I think.

skittlebrew

Premiership Player
Feb 8, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would be tough to say no to a decent first round pick.

I thought it would be a bit unlikely for a 28 year old but with pick 19 coming back they can still pick up a quality kid.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Could be a great result for us. He’s cost us nothing and could turn him into a mid 1st maybe even higher.

We have plenty of coverage, Doedee to come back and Butts is shaping as a carbon copy of Keath but a will be a bit better I think.
As an unemotional look at the business of football this is a good deal and a trade that should be followed up on

Jul 6, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide

Maybe..although Keath has shown he is a very accomplished defender and has been very good for us. I would much rather keep him and have a headache when Doedee comes back next year - Maybe Butts needs to build more at SANFL level first as well. No point letting too many quality guys go as a few injuries will screw us big time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
imagine that..Melbourne needing to give us their 1st rounder for Keath (with maybe a pick 19 coming back) and they finish bottom 2 this year..along with Carlton. Picks 1 & 2 to us!!

Nah... we keep 19... give em something else... maybe Jenkins as they need a big forward!... jenkins and keath for pick 2!... JJ is only worth a second and it would be good to get his salary off the books.

Then we trade 19 and our second to GWS for their 1st as they need the points for their academy lad that’s predicted to be top 10... we end up with Rowell, Anderson and a good prospect in the mid teens.. where’s that Taheny lad predicted to fall at present?.. he’s a Rostrevor lad... they pump out great players at that school.

Just need the suns to improve..

Ah... it’s good to dream!..

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was having a think about our draft picks today. All of last years draft crop plus butts is looking like excellent selections. Some players that didn't seem to show much last year have shown plenty this year (Davis and ROB for example).

All of a sudden making the minimum 3 list changes to fit at least 3 draftees doesn't seem so easy.

I know some will still have no probs but the only real obvious one to delist is Otten. I thought maybe Davis or CEY might be on the chopping block but both doing well this year. Lets say we keep Davis and CEY. This means we're looking at cutting two of (or trading out) say Douglas, Jacobs, Knight, Mackay, Atkins and maybe Betts. That's some seriously tough choices to make as all of those are or have been getting regular games.

Very easy to delist is Sauce, Otten, Dougie and Mackay. Do it in a heartbeat making the 3 list changes exceptionally easy. Bring CEY up from rookie list is a 4th. Trade out Knight, we’ve better options now from recent draftees. That’s 5 without blinking.

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan

I like what im seeing of Mcpherson as well.

Murray2503

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 10, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Maybe..although Keath has shown he is a very accomplished defender and has been very good for us. I would much rather keep him and have a headache when Doedee comes back next year - Maybe Butts needs to build more at SANFL level first as well. No point letting too many quality guys go as a few injuries will screw us big time
Butts has a long way to go. I would say 2 years minimum. Has potential but that's about all currently. Needs to also put on a lot of size in the gym. Would be hanging onto Keath in case Doedee has any problems upon his return. I believe Keath would likely want to stay but if we low ball him he will likely leave.

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Very easy to delist is Sauce, Otten, Dougie and Mackay. Do it in a heartbeat making the 3 list changes exceptionally easy. Bring CEY up from rookie list is a 4th. Trade out Knight, we’ve better options now from recent draftees. That’s 5 without blinking.
Yep... there’s definitely tons of options..

But in the end... paying keath and greenwood massive dollars in a desperate bid to keep them if other clubs, like Melbourne or north, come knocking would be silly... especially if we make the finals and not really go much further (which is looking likely)... be time for a mini rebuild and time to be ruthless.

Sauce, Otten, dougy, mookay.. see ya.. although can we keep Otten in our sanfl side ala matty Wright, so not on our list but playing solely as a sanfl player/top up?.. I like his leadership to the youngsters in defence in the sanfl, it’s been bloody great this year.

Knight, Atkins, Kelly, JJ.. trade bait/or simply get what we can for them..

Greenwood and Keath might snag us some really valuable picks.. maybe even first rounders if teams are offering $600k plus or something we can use to get first rounders.. keep CEY as our big bodied mid..

Add this to the healthy looking picks (possibly 1 and 19) we look likely to already have this year thanks to SOS and there’s the mini rebuild done with every player lost replaced with an equal or better (ie. fog, Ned, chayce, Doedee, Rowell/Anderson etc etc), a healthier looking salary cap and a few more Hamish specials!..

As good as Keath is, we have Doedee to slot into that role in 2020. Pick 3 would be bloody tempting for a 28 year old.

Still prefer we re-sign him though

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Keath is a gun who has plenty of good years left as a late starter.

With the decline of Talia he is a must keep.

Keath & Doedee across half back gives us arial supremacy not seen by us since the Smart & Hart days...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back