List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

300k as a UFA, which is about 100, maybe even 150k more then the maximum I'd offer for him.

Not a lot of salary, but enough to be truly uncomfortable for a player like this who is really in no mans land on our list.
You underestimate what he brings to the team

Geez Melbourne.

If we are getting a first for Keith even with something coming back, you'd have to think very seriously on that one. Guys playing the third tall can be replaced
We got 2 x 1sts from them for a floating intercept defender.

I guess they’ve realised he’s not a key defender and now they need to back to the market.

It’s sad because Lever would have turned into a champion here. Was tracking brilliantly.
Anyone playing as an intercepting half back at Adelaide looks like a champion.
We’ve lost nothing in losing Lever. He’s average and taking a big pay cheque off of Melbourne.

Maybe they think Keath can play forward, I reckon he could.

So would you give up a top 5 pick...even with 19 back, to play him in the F50? I like Keath, think he has done a great job this year but he isn't playing a role you'd go to the bank with cap in hand over; especially for a role he isn't playing.

I'm happy for them to do it though

So would you give up a top 5 pick...even with 19 back, to play him in the F50? I like Keath, think he has done a great job this year but he isn't playing a role you'd go to the bank with cap in hand over; especially for a role he isn't playing.

No you wouldn’t say no to a top 5 pick for a 28 year old Keath but we aren’t getting that for Keath.

No you wouldn’t say no to a top 5 pick for a 28 year old Keath but we aren’t getting that for Keath.

So what are they trading?

I mean we are talking about a guy who will definitely be in the AA extended squad, possibly the team and they are going to offer 600k to get him. Isn't like they can say they will get him for free in the draft, no way he goes into, no way they let him if they are thinking 600k per season.

So what are they trading?

I mean we are talking about a guy who will definitely be in the AA extended squad, possibly the team and they are going to offer 600k to get him. Isn't like they can say they will get him for free in the draft, no way he goes into, no way they let him if they are thinking 600k per season.
At the moment it’s speculation, I suspect when push comes to shove they won’t pursue him if the cost is too high

In fairness to Alex, at 28 years, he has one shot at a 2-3 contract on decent coin. If I was in his shoes, I would be backing myself to have a strong second half of the season and then considering all offers.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Him and Hugh in the same boat there. I wonder if our footy dept guys take this into account? In terms of earning potential, these 2 are pretty unique beasts.

Keath is a gun who has plenty of good years left as a late starter.

With the decline of Talia he is a must keep.

Keath & Doedee across half back gives us arial supremacy not seen by us since the Smart & Hart days...

Timing is important though. Talia will probably play for 2 more years on good coin. Can we afford to keep Keath as well given we’ll be needing to pay big coin. Might squeeze Harto out which I think will be a problem as Talia is better when Harto is in the side and that’s not reducing as Talia’s body ages.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very easy to delist is Sauce, Otten, Dougie and Mackay. Do it in a heartbeat making the 3 list changes exceptionally easy. Bring CEY up from rookie list is a 4th. Trade out Knight, we’ve better options now from recent draftees. That’s 5 without blinking.
If you think they are going to push all of those 4 out you obviously don't know our club. Yes they should .

Timing is important though. Talia will probably play for 2 more years on good coin. Can we afford to keep Keath as well given we’ll be needing to pay big coin. Might squeeze Harto out which I think will be a problem as Talia is better when Harto is in the side and that’s not reducing as Talia’s body ages.
We can't afford to lose Keath.

I would trade either Hartigan or Talia if it came to that to keep Keath.

Package Greenwood and Keath maybe. Got a feeling that Hugh will be gone given his public statement that he’s ready to sign but has heard nothing from the club. His manager will be receiving preliminary offers as we speak.

We can't afford to lose Keath.

I would trade either Hartigan or Talia if it came to that to keep Keath.
Not sure he’s that crucial, he’s very good though obviously.

Jordy Butts is putting together an excellent season in the 2’s and he is most similar in size and style to Keath. 198cm, good intercept mark and very good ground/play making/decision making skills.

Currently we don’t have anyone developing that is more a Talia/Hartigan type and that’s something we need to address.

I’ve no doubt the preference is to keep Keath, but if Melb blow us out of the water on salary + agree a reasonable trade it won’t be a bad outcome.

Keath cost us nothing, is 27 and unlikely to play anymore than 100 games at best. Turning him into a good 1st round pick won’t be the end of the world

We are a soft touch for interstate club. So much tied up in the older player and not resigning player soon enough. Keith should have been signed at the start of the year.

Really? He'd literally accomplished nothing at the start of the year..

... Keath cost us nothing, is 27 and unlikely to play anymore than 100 games at best. Turning him into a good 1st round pick won’t be the end of the world
This is actually the club's bread and butter for getting good draft picks if we insist on a non-bottoming out policy.

Draft and develop players the best we can who either stay or net us some good picks to either have access to classier players to draft or trade for players of need who want to come to us.

Wouldn't be surprised if the club has thought about and arrived at this conclusion quite some while ago.

Noticed how we seem to have more premium draft picks the last few years? The end result of players like Lever, Cameron and McNuggets very much follow this script - and we'd have had another 2 r1 picks had we not gone for Gibbs.

When we will be in trouble is if we cannot identify, bring in and develop talent and no one wants our players.

You underestimate what he brings to the team

It's not a case of underestimating. My bet is this form is a fluke, a career year from someone who has never looked like a best 22 player before, and it's taken 8 years.

Equally to that, we will have to make a choice between Greenwood, and CEY this season as neither will be on depth wages anymore. I'd choose Greenwood every single day and twice on Sunday.

Package Greenwood and Keath maybe. Got a feeling that Hugh will be gone given his public statement that he’s ready to sign but has heard nothing from the club. His manager will be receiving preliminary offers as we speak.
Not that I am for letting either go at all, but they would both be ideal for Gold Coast - Greenwood as the big bodied mid to help their younger mids and Keath as a very competent defender to help their younger guys out. What would both be worth as a package? - maybe their own 2019 1st rounder if we also included our 2nd rounder (not the carlton one)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back