List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

If they don't swing the axe hard the kids wont get games. Its a proven fact under Pyke and it will cost him his job.
Half the list has only played 190 games between them. Thats a joke

Douglas Jacobs McKay Jenkins Otten are quite simple decisions.
Greenwood, Knight, Atkins, Kelly trade options creates a serious vacuum of players with 50-100 games experience leaving only MCrouch and Milera so I would probably keep Knight and Atkins if nothing worthwhile was offered.

Keath an absolute must keep. Gives good balance and depth with Talia, Butts, Doodee and Hartigan.

The greatest need for an explosive midfielder that can kick hasn't changed.

Luko you would take in a heart beat for the right deal

This time in 2 weeks we will know who is staying/leaving etc.. I cant wait!
Hope Hartigan, Knight, Atkins, Jenkins, Greenwood all request trades (Greenwood 28 next year, no big loss.. got him for nothing so lets cash in)
Jacobs to retire/traded
Betts to retire.. id hate for him to play elsewhere.. should finish as a crow
Otten delisted
Douglas retire/delist
Mackay delist/retire
Hunter delist
Atkins won't request a trade. We will have to drag him kicking and screaming out of this club. This club is the perfect place for a soft front runner. He knows it too.

If they don't swing the axe hard the kids wont get games. Its a proven fact under Pyke and it will cost him his job.
Half the list has only played 190 games between them. Thats a joke

Douglas Jacobs McKay Jenkins Otten are quite simple decisions.
Greenwood, Knight, Atkins, Kelly trade options creates a serious vacuum of players with 50-100 games experience leaving only MCrouch and Milera so I would probably keep Knight and Atkins if nothing worthwhile was offered.

Keath an absolute must keep. Gives good balance and depth with Talia, Butts, Doodee and Hartigan.

The greatest need for an explosive midfielder that can kick hasn't changed.

Luko you would take in a heart beat for the right deal
Totally agree on Keath. Doedee and Keath will be the foundation of our defence along with Butts moving forward. What if one of our keys goes down next year. Are we going to wheel out Andy Otten?

Don't get your hopes up people.

Most likely it will just be Wilson and Hunter delisted and Jenkins/Greenwood/Keath traded out. We'll then sign the oldies on one year deals because of "continuity" and experience. Likewise the assistants will be retained, at least the ones who are mates with Roo anyway.

We'll have to wait until we're 17th on the ladder at the bye next year before they hit the detonate button.

I get he can't say anything else but I found it interesting this morning that Eddie said that Don Pyke has told him he is a required player.

I don't really see how that could possibly be the case. We all love Eddie but we have carried him this year and as popular as he is off field I think our list would be in better shape without him.

I guess what I am saying is while we can't push him out the door because of his contract we are crazy if we are not encouraging him to look at opportunities for next year and post football.

I hate to bring it up, but i'm really warming to the idea of trading Rory Laird this offseason!

Just considering the state of our list, as well as how much we would get in return, and lastly the kids we have developing underneath him, I can really see the value in that. I know the moneyball idea with Keath and Greenwood sounds nice, but to me we don't have another Alex Keath and Hugh Greenwood on the list right now, and their age is hurting any potential trade return for them.

Where-as it can quite easily be argued that with Brodie, Milera, Scholl, McPherson, Brown, Kelly, and Hammill we have a glutton of small to medium defenders. And surely one of them could step in and fill that void!
Yep... laird would be great trade bait.

We all love Eddie but we have carried him this year
Kicked 36 goals and is the teams leading goal assist player. Sure, he hasn't been 2016/17 Eddie Betts, but as far as small forwards go, he's still very much holding his own. I mean if you go to the goal scoring list their is really only Charlie Cameron who has out done him as a small forward!

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_goal_kickers

I think we have been so spoiled for quality small forward play for the last 5 years, that if we now only have the 2nd best small forward in the AFL, he is considered a 'carried player'

I get he can't say anything else but I found it interesting this morning that Eddie said that Don Pyke has told him he is a required player.

I don't really see how that could possibly be the case. We all love Eddie but we have carried him this year and as popular as he is off field I think our list would be in better shape without him.

I guess what I am saying is while we can't push him out the door because of his contract we are crazy if we are not encouraging him to look at opportunities for next year and post football.
Hes scored 15 more goals than our other small forward. People are measuring him on what he did 2 years ago, not what he's capable of as a 32yo in a poor team.

Getting rid of Eddie would be yet another huge mistake by this club.

Kicked 36 goals and is the teams leading goal assist player. Sure, he hasn't been 2016/17 Eddie Betts, but as far as small forwards go, he's still very much holding his own. I mean if you go to the goal scoring list their is really only Charlie Cameron who has out done him as a small forward!

I think we have been so spoiled for quality small forward play for the last 5 years, that if we now only have the 2nd best small forward in the AFL, he is considered a 'carried player'

You can show your bias as much as you like but most neutrals agree Eddie is ccoked, clubs like carlton want him in a mentor role not to bolster their forward line and they are crap

To think otherwise that he will be handy next year means you must be on the crows selection panel OLDMANITIS

You can show your bias as much as you like but most neutrals agree Eddie is ccoked, clubs like carlton want him in a mentor role not to bolster their forward line and they are crap

To think otherwise that he will be handy next year means you must be on the crows selection panel OLDMANITIS
Oh wow, its utterly baffling how often you can read a post, and not comprehend the point!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The co-captians thread has exploded thanks to a C4 bomb.

They reckon they'll get pick 2 for Wines from Melbourne and undercut us again.

Pick 2 for a regulation inside body that can't kick though lol.

I would have Wines value as a stock standard accumulator somewhere in the teens.

C4 has north sniffing around Wines (eww)

Rhys Shaw looks like he's in tank mode after securing the job but surely they can't get below Carlton with either their first or second. North would have to lose both remaining games and Carlton would have to win both.

North also play Melbourne who are full blown tanking, while Carlton will have to play Geelong in round 23. So as long as Melbourne don't do something epic moronic like trade pick 2 for Wines we should retain the trump hand for Luko.

Agree with the "trade Laird" posts.. he isnt a match winner or damaging.. he is on the decline already.. he wont reach his heights of 2017-2018. Trade him Smith might sook it.. Laird is a popular player.
With Scholl, Hamill and Butts coming through i think our defense is in good hands

I would have Wines value as a stock standard accumulator somewhere in the teens.

Rhys Shaw looks like he's in tank mode after securing the job but surely they can't get below Carlton with either their first or second. North would have to lose both remaining games and Carlton would have to win both.

North also play Melbourne who are full blown tanking, while Carlton will have to play Geelong in round 23. So as long as Melbourne don't do something epic moronic like trade pick 2 for Wines we should retain the trump hand for Luko.
Typical Port....

Agree with the "trade Laird" posts.. he isnt a match winner or damaging.. he is on the decline already.. he wont reach his heights of 2017-2018. Trade him Smith might sook it.. Laird is a popular player.
With Scholl, Hamill and Butts coming through i think our defense is in good hands

Ollie wines has a better kick than laird and that's saying something

Wines has 3 years left on contract, is currently captain...AND why the heck would Melbourne want ANOTHER inside mid..they have a heap of them. It will be interesting to see if port do try and push him out being contracted but unless he is moved to the GC (it would have to be a big sell to get him there I would think), they are not getting a pick before ours. However if they get another good 1st, then I have no doubt at all that they would be going to GC with both to try and get Lukosius. It could be what they are trying to engineer

Wines has 3 years left on contract, is currently captain...AND why the heck would Melbourne want ANOTHER inside mid..they have a heap of them. It will be interesting to see if port do try and push him out being contracted but unless he is moved to the GC (it would have to be a big sell to get him there I would think), they are not getting a pick before ours. However if they get another good 1st, then I have no doubt at all that they would be going to GC with both to try and get Lukosius. It could be what they are trying to engineer
Best mate through their junior footy was Jack Viney, still very, very close. That would be what's got this "rumour" going.

Another inside mid who can't kick, yeah Melbourne would do that

Its hard to tell to be honest just how our forward line has been travelling this year.. the delivery into the forward line has been so utterly deplorable its actually become a complete joke.

So many games with so many examples of the ball being kicked to the feet of our talls or metres over their heads..

So many times the ball delivered to our smalls in murphy and betts where its placed right on top of their heads leaving them totally vunerable for the defender to spoil or mark over the top of them..

So many rushed sky balls and countless times when the ball has simply been kicked into our forward 50 straight on to the chest of an opposition defender..

Its been so bloody frustrating to watch.. cant imagine how frustrating it would be for the adelaide forwards..

Sure... the forwards aren’t blameless.. but you just get the feeling that if eddie was playing for geelong, pies, GWS or even port this year he’d have another 50+ goal year under his belt..

its not like hes lost any speed (hes never been a super quick player anyway) and he certainly hasnt lost his talents and class. Id put my money on it that a good part of the reason hes struggled this year is because of the s**t delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back