List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Yeah, but we can always not trade him... why give away our most unique forward for nothing when we don’t have to?
The sad truth is that Lynch has been invisible in many of our really poor capitulations over the last couple of years. Against some oppo he can look a million bucks, so he likely has some value, but if we trade for Luko then its a fairly easy decision to make.

Interesting that Ogilvie saw Lynch as a midfielder

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Vader: Suggesting trades is pointless they won't happen

Also Vader: Suggests a bunch of trades
Suggesting PlayStation trades, on the basis of nothing more than "sell high, buy low" is pointless.

Suggesting trades on the basis of players who are out of contract, or reported to be unhappy at the club, is far from pointless.

I'm just posting some home truths. You're dumb as fu**, and a genuine laughing stock on here. And you still waste your life posting your incessant incoherent crap. You should find a hobby more suited to your I.Q.
Finger painting?

Oct 14, 2005
Canberra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Adelaide Crows
Finger painting?
Too advanced. Try this:
Building-blocks.jpg

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we are in with a chance to get Luko if we go hard enough this year. GC can throw as much money as we can, but Luko has suffered a bit of home sickness this year. However I think GC Will refuse to trade him this year, they need to make a statement.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think we are in with a chance to get Luko if we go hard enough this year. GC can throw as much money as we can, but Luko has suffered a bit of home sickness this year. However I think GC Will refuse to trade him this year, they need to make a statement.
They won’t get a better pick from us than 3 or 4

Trigger13

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good post, it is frustrating. I think you are about spot on with Jenkins and Betts would be virtual giveaway to get him to the club of choice.

Where would you see Keith and Greenwood if they were up for trade? I would of thought a low second round for Keith given his year and a 3rd round for Greenwood?

I reckon you are just about spot on. Early second for Keath seems fair given his age. Greenwood a low third. Like it

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
Suggesting PlayStation trades, on the basis of nothing more than "sell high, buy low" is pointless.

Suggesting trades on the basis of players who are out of contract, or reported to be unhappy at the club, is far from pointless.
Perhaps in a normal year.

In a year where the entire club is under the pump and the club has notified other clubs to come shopping things might be a little different. It's been widely reported on the news here that the club has made its intention clear to aggressively renew the list this trade period.

They seem to be a bit embarrassed by port going past us on the back of aggressive list turnover. And by your criteria of only suggesting trades for unhappy or uncontracted players, those port trades wouldn't have happened and we would be sitting here in an alternate reality.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Been suggested by Tom Morris that we are open to trading our pick around #3 as we want a quick rebuild. Not sure if that means we are looking for players or 2 x 1st rounders.
A scout for the Eastern Rangers told me back in June that if we were out of the top 2 then we'd look to trade the pick for multiple picks. My guess would be they don't see a huge dropoff in talent from the 4-6 range to the 12-15 area.

Crowman32

Club Legend
Oct 4, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
ADELAIDE
I would be disappointed if we traded pick 3 or 4 because i think the top 4 rowell,Anderson, ash and young are in their own category and will be elite players. If we only get pick 5 then i would be open to trading it for a couple lower 1st rounders.

It just seems a little disappointing after we gave up a 1st round pick last year in a strong draft only to just get it back in a weaker draft.

Jul 9, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Been suggested by Tom Morris that we are open to trading our pick around #3 as we want a quick rebuild. Not sure if that means we are looking for players or 2 x 1st rounders.
It will be interesting to see what is suggested in what we can get in return for pick 3 based on the ridiculous suggestions of what we would have had to given up last year to get in to the top 3 of last year's draft.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
It will be interesting to see what is suggested in what we can get in return for pick 3 based on the ridiculous suggestions of what we would have had to given up last year to get in to the top 3 of last year's draft.
It’s not the same top 5 though. I’d we are prepared to trade down I can’t see other teams being in too much of a hurry to trade up

Sep 5, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah in that article it states last year Saints wanted two picks in the top 8 for their pick 4. Turn it up!!!!

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
A scout for the Eastern Rangers told me back in June that if we were out of the top 2 then we'd look to trade the pick for multiple picks. My guess would be they don't see a huge dropoff in talent from the 4-6 range to the 12-15 area.
A scout from the Eastern Ranges?

How on earth would a scout from a NAB League/TAC club have any intel on what AFL team recruiters are doing list wise, especially SA club related?

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
No way will it be easy, but if there is even a sniff then between Luko himself and us, we both need to play it extremely hard.

If Luko has the courage to stand up and say he wants out, then there can be no “oh well, we’ll see what we can do, can’t promise anything”. No no no, we do not leave him hanging, we do whatever it takes.

This needs to be a joint, coordinated effort that gets it done.

A scout from the Eastern Ranges?

How on earth would a scout from a NAB League/TAC club have any intel on what AFL team recruiters are doing list wise, especially SA club related?
There is plenty of pre-discussion going on as club's strategise for next season.

I'm not convinced we should be trading pick #3 for more picks, but we may be using it to bring in new young talent (eg. Luko) & should be looking to get picks by trading out players to refresh the squad.

Back