List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I'm sure he'd spend plenty of time talking with AFL clubs and scouts about the players playing for them.
He may well do that but we're talking list management, club drafting strategy here not individual player talent at one NAB League club.....Would surprise me if that kind of discussion would take place with a Eastern Ranges club scout.....from my personal experience at games club recruiters play their cards pretty close to their chest and with good reason.
The kind of discussion you're talking would generally only take place with the List Manager [Justin Reid] and the Head recruiter [Hamish Ogilvie].

Whilst the Eastern Ranges are in good form this year it's more a team effort with them as I can't see too many of their players figuring in the first couple of rounds in this draft.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
I get he can't say anything else but I found it interesting this morning that Eddie said that Don Pyke has told him he is a required player.

I don't really see how that could possibly be the case. We all love Eddie but we have carried him this year and as popular as he is off field I think our list would be in better shape without him.

I guess what I am saying is while we can't push him out the door because of his contract we are crazy if we are not encouraging him to look at opportunities for next year and post football.
Pyke said the same thing about Cameron
Club is scared of the backlash. Even if they knew it's the right thing for Eddie and the club that he explores options elsewhere the club won't entertain it. We aren't Hawthorn. Also when you have imbeciles like Stephen Rowe on the radio saying they will lead the charge with pitchforks if Betts is traded you just know he will be not be going anywhere. The club will likely offer Betts another 1 year contract on top of the current deal. The ironic thing is that Rowe is the first to complain about our ageing list but is also the first to lose his s**t if the club tries to do anything about it. Fools like Rowe add to the clubs problems.
Rowe said the same thing about Cameron

mattymac

Why no midfield crowz?
10k Posts
Jul 9, 2009
Yes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
No
A scout for the Eastern Rangers told me back in June that if we were out of the top 2 then we'd look to trade the pick for multiple picks. My guess would be they don't see a huge dropoff in talent from the 4-6 range to the 12-15 area.
Ogilvie mentioned in the R2D podcast that Reid is out talking to clubs about our pick

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
He may well do that but we're talking list management, club drafting strategy here not individual player talent at one NAB League club.....Would surprise me if that kind of discussion would take place with a Eastern Ranges club scout.....from my personal experience at games club recruiters play their cards pretty close to their chest and with good reason.
The kind of discussion you're talking would generally only take place with the List Manager [Justin Reid] and the Head recruiter [Hamish Ogilvie].

Whilst the Eastern Ranges are in good form this year it's more a team effort with them as I can't see too many of their players figuring in the first couple of rounds in this draft.
Welcome back Bicks.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Ogilvie mentioned in the R2D podcast that Reid is out talking to clubs about our pick
I imagine at this point the club is going to play out a ton of different scenarios with the pick(s), that'll probably be where Binuk Kodiuwakku will be doing a ton of work at the moment. By the time the draft roles around they'd probably be 100% locked in to what they want to do, if they haven't already acted on it prior. Go to the clubs now and that gives you time to plan out everything.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
And that would be as much about trading up as down for multiple picks given we are no longer assured of one of Anderson or Rowell, or even ways we can target a player we really want i.e. Lukosius say. Or even parcel up a player currently on our list we want to move on with a pick? i.e. Jenkins possibly?

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
We need to get Lukosius if it’s not top2.

This could give Gold Coast possibly the first 3 picks if they get the priority. Pick 3 and a player they could use.

Aug 7, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Been suggested by Tom Morris that we are open to trading our pick around #3 as we want a quick rebuild. Not sure if that means we are looking for players or 2 x 1st rounders.
I think getting in quantity (rather than quality) is being considered :disappointed:

AFL trades 2019: Adelaide, St Kilda both set to put top draft picks on the table in trade period [www.foxsports.com.au]

Adelaide has thrown Pick 3 on the table in a bold play to restock elite junior talent in just one national draft and rejuvenate its ageing list.

The Crows met with clubs late last week at Docklands café 90 Secondi as part of the annual prelude to October’s trade window. Discussions ranged from five minutes to half-an-hour.

Foxfooty.com.au understands Adelaide was crystal clear in its messaging regarding the draft pick obtained from Carlton last November.

If the ladder remains as it is and the AFL does not afford Gold Coast a top-end priority pick, the Crows will head to the trade period with Picks 3, 21 and 28.

But their first round selection - plus later ones - have already been shopped around and will be sold for the right price.

Last year, St Kilda was willing to part with Pick 4 in exchange for two selections in the top eight, but nothing came to fruition.

Although rival clubs told foxfooty.com.au the Crows are open to any offers, it’s unlikely they will place a disproportionately high price on the valuable pick.

St Kilda is expected to follow a similar philosophy during the trade period and is said to be open to trading its first-round pick (currently No. 6) for two selections between approximately 10 and 18.

Clubs used the informal catch-ups last week as an opportunity to get a preliminary handle on what each list management team is thinking two months out from the trade period.

Expected rookie elevations, retirements and trade opportunities were floated across the board, while clubs also forecast how many selections they will use in November’s national draft.

One club official said the process – which has continued this week among a few clubs – is a bit like “speed dating”.

Most clubs send two or more officials, such as a list manager, national recruiting manager and football boss. The format is used as a vehicle for clubs to get a “lay of the land”, said another official who was present for discussions.

Adelaide is expected to be one of the most active clubs in the trade period and had no hesitation in telling rivals of its openness to deal-making.

Of the Crows’ 10 players aged 29 or over at the start of next season, five are contracted beyond 2020.

Aug 9, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Club recuiters dont say s**t to anyone about who they like or dont. No way they tell a random guy at Eastern Ranges. And im not sure TAC cup teams have recuiters anyway.
Not sure you'd call them scouts but they certainly have guys that watch a lot of school/local footy and put forward kids for the NAB League teams pre-season camps to sort the truly talented ones from the also rans. But as for anymore than that I'd be very, very doubtful.

Last edited:
I'd be going hard for Lukosius. Pick 3 + Greenwood + more if they want it. It'll be worth it.
I would only be open to trading pick #3 if for a gun young player like Luko.

Morning_Fog

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
If the Gold Coast suns get a high Priority Pick, there is too much noise around to deny any link to them having to trade it for a senior player or three.

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
If you want a laugh, re read the 2017 draft thread. The amount of people saying how CC was going to be easy to replace, and that Gibbs was going to be a gun for the next fours years was crazy. Even some saying how they couldn't believe Norf let Gibson go.
Lots of egg on lots of faces over there.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Luko and King spotted just now at their new accommodation
3DECA5B6-5DED-47A0-A8CD-B22069A7E3A4.jpeg

Draft Bored

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Ricciardo, Red Sox
I'd be going hard for Lukosius. Pick 3 + Greenwood + more if they want it. It'll be worth it.

I reckon that's what this pick swap article is about. Make GC think their best return (pick 3 + extras) won't be there.

Then on day one of the trade period trade out their 2020 first round pick and Jenkins for Fantasia and Francis.

No 2020 first for the Luko trade next year... better make a deal now.

The Texan

Senior List
Oct 21, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I reckon that's what this pick swap article is about. Make GC think their best return (pick 3 + extras) won't be there.

Then on day one of the trade period trade out their 2020 first round pick and Jenkins for Fantasia and Francis.

No 2020 first for the Luko trade next year... better make a deal now.

Then Port come in next year with their first.. can you imagine

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back