List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

If it's true that Keath is asking for 4 years at $600,000 (as I just heard Tom Morris say on 3AW), then what a joke! He can right, royally fu** off. Also mentioned that Greenwood is asking for 3 years, with a trigger for a 4th.

Dayum, that's a good payday for Keath if true.

David C Compo is assessed on the whole im fairly certain. If you loose a free agent but bring in one or two it counts against received compo. So therefore loosing a couple and gaining noone should compound club compo.

I think .... 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do we think our four free agents are worth in terms of compo?

Pretty slim pickings I would think.

Jacobs - 2nd round pick (restricted free agent; 3-time AA squad member)
CEY - 3rd round pick or zilch
Mackay - 3rd round pick or zilch
Hunter - zilch

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-11/2019-free-agents-who-will-stay-who-will-go-latest-whispers
We are not getting a second round pick for Jacobs given his age and contract, we’d be lucky to get a pick

We are not getting a second round pick for Jacobs given his age and contract, we’d be lucky to get a pick
Agree ....it'll be an unusable pick, as we'll upgrade rookies to take the spot ....it provides Salary Cap relief though

What do we think our four free agents are worth in terms of compo?

Pretty slim pickings I would think.

Jacobs - 2nd round pick (restricted free agent; 3-time AA squad member)
CEY - 3rd round pick or zilch
Mackay - 3rd round pick or zilch
Hunter - zilch

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-09-11/2019-free-agents-who-will-stay-who-will-go-latest-whispers
It depends on the $$ and length of contract they're offered by their new clubs. Jacobs should be worth the most, possibly the only one on the list worthy of compensation. I'd say we'll get band 3 or 4 compensation for him - that's 2nd round, or end of 2nd round. CEY and Hunter have no value at all, as far as FA compensation is concerned. It's hard to see Mackay being picked up by another club, but if he did we'd probably be looking at Band 5 - a 3rd round pick.

First you say it's dependent on $$ and length of contract, then go on to say CEY has no value at all. Agree that's around the mark on Jacobs' contract, but a smart club will come in and see the value of CEY, IMO. His form up until his injury was excellent, and did far better than Greenwood. I'd actually be disappointed if we didn't put a solid contract in front of him ourselves.

First you say it's dependent on $$ and length of contract, then go on to say CEY has no value at all. Agree that's around the mark on Jacobs' contract, but a smart club will come in and see the value of CEY, IMO. His form up until his injury was excellent, and did far better than Greenwood. I'd actually be disappointed if we didn't put a solid contract in front of him ourselves.
There is no contradiction here. I don't rate CEY and I never have. I don't think any club is going to want to sign him to a contract which is big enough to justify us receiving compensation.

There is no contradiction here. I don't rate CEY and I never have. I don't think any club is going to want to sign him to a contract which is big enough to justify us receiving compensation.
CEY is a Rookie ....no compensation if he leaves ....I'm not even sure you can trade a Rookie ? ..doubt it

CEY is a Rookie ....no compensation if he leaves ....I'm not even sure you can trade a Rookie ? ..doubt it
Yes, you can trade a rookie - but they need to go onto the senior list of their new team. This is how we landed Josh Jenkins, and several other players.

Yes, you can receive compensation for losing them. This compensation isn calculated using the same formula as senior listed players - $$$ and length of contract.

Yes, you can trade a rookie - but they need to go onto the senior list of their new team. This is how we landed Josh Jenkins, and several other players.

Yes, you can receive compensation for losing them. This compensation isn calculated using the same formula as senior listed players - $$$ and length of contract.
Buy if CEY's Rookie Contract has finished .....doesn't he become available automatically to another club ?

Fogarty, Jones, McHenry, McAdam, Stengle and Himmelberg — the six SANFL Crows giving fans hope of a bright future in attack

Unlike Stengle, defensive pressure isn’t something McHenry, Adelaide’s second pick (No. 16) in last year’s draft, needs to work on.

The tenacious 19-year-old from the Geelong Falcons applied five more tackles than any other player at the 2018 under-18 championships and he recorded 11 against Central in Round 5 — his fourth game at SANFL level.

The 179cm, 70kg McHenry lined up 200cm Port Adelaide big man Billy Frampton in the qualifying final before having a crack at Norwood’s 110kg ruckman Sam Baulderstone last Sunday.

A slight frame won’t hold him back much longer.

And after an inconsistent 2019, McAdam, who continues to work hard on his fitness base, highlighted his enormous talent in Sunday’s victory.

The 24-year-old, who booted 31 goals for Sturt in the SANFL last season, tallied 12 disposals, 10 score involvements, eight marks, three goals, two score assists and 96 ranking points.

McAdam, who stands at 182cm, equalled West Coast star Nic Naitanui’s running vertical jump record at the national draft combine in 2015 and he’s quick.

But it was his ability to find a teammate by-foot going forward which stood out at Adelaide Oval.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back