List Mgmt. 2019/20 Trade/Delist/Re-sign Predictions/Opinion (now with TRADE RADIO)

Remove this Banner Ad

The only disgruntled ones would be the ones that think they should be playing when in the main their form didn't warrant it. i.e Gibbs, Jacobs, Jenkins, an argument can be made for several of the younger players to have been given more opportunities but not too many were absolutely knocking the door down truth be known.
More likely is Pyke leaving encourages the players who felt loyal to him to go.

That's such a lazy post.

You're better than that. Nothing says "I don't have a real opinion" on BigFooty like people using the phrase "Playstation trade".

It's such a basic, empty opinion.

Laird being traded is obviously out there - the media is saying it, posters on different boards are hearing things. Whether it happens or not, there's more discussion about Laird now than there was about Lachie Neale this time last year, or half the guys traded.

You listed a bunch of guys that will get us 2/5 of f*** all in a trade. If we're rebuilding, we need to be serious about who has real value, and who we can replace.
And the man himself knows nothing about it and has said that's the first he's heard of it. Dwayno the main proponent tells me all I need to know.

I'll say it again...Laird is the least likely to go anywhere.

And the man himself knows nothing about it and has said that's the first he's heard of it. Dwayno the main proponent tells me all I need to know.

I'll say it again...Laird is the least likely to go anywhere.

Oh and AFL players don’t lie to the media and fans? How short our memories are...

For the record, Derwayne, as cringeworthy a commentator as he is, was right on the money when it came to Danger going to Geelong. Yet similar to this many posters just rubbished him.

Similar Sam McLure with McGovern for that matter...

Oh and McGoverns manager flat out denied the rumours of him wanting out.

And I suppose some here still believe that Danger still “hasn’t thought about it...” when it comes to deciding if he’ll stay with the Crows or not...

No one’s leaving until they’re gone.

If Laird is wanting out, and I have no idea either way and not claiming I do, he’s hardly going to reveal it to Rowie who will tell the world on 5aa 2 seconds later. Laird may be telling the truth and may be staying, I suspect this is the likely result, but he’d probably tell Rowie the same thing if he were leaving.

Oh and AFL players don’t lie to the media and fans? How short our memories are...

For the record, Derwayne, as cringeworthy a commentator as he is, was right on the money when it came to Danger going to Geelong. Yet similar to this many posters just rubbished him.

And I suppose some here still believe that Danger still “hasn’t thought about it...” when it comes to deciding if he’ll stay with the Crows or not...

If Laird is wanting out, and I have no idea either way and not claiming I do, he’s hardly going to reveal it to Rowie who will tell the world on 5aa 2 seconds later. Laird may be telling the truth and may be staying, I suspect this is the likely result, but he’d probably tell Rowie the same thing if he were leaving.
What! It wasn't rocket science to work out Danger was heading back home to Geelong. That wan't exactly a scoop. There would have been hundreds in the media predicting that would happen. In this case with Laird, he is on his own, and if he is right, then it would be a scoop.

Get back to me after trade week, Laird hardly has the same pull of home that Dangerfield and Lever had and he hasn't ever been left out when he thought should have played like McGovern in the 2017 Finals. Laiird is a SA lad through and through.....and he's also contracted.

Dwayno hardly has the same insider mail with Laird he had with Dangerfield and Geelong.

Get back to me after trade week, Laird hardly has the same pull of home that Dangerfield and Lever had and he hasn't ever been left out when he thought should have played like McGovern in the 2017 Finals. Laiird is a SA lad through and through.....and he's also contracted.

Dwayno hardly has the same insider mail with Laird he had with Dangerfield and Geelong.
Isn’t he going out with a hot Vic chic? That’s decent pull

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re Laird..the good news is that he has hit it on the head that he is staying

This one..that is reality for a contracted dual AA player in his mid 20's
No, it's not - and doubly so when that player is a HBF'er, and not a gun midfielder.

We'd probably get 1x mid-late 1st round pick for him, but there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that we get 2. It's a moot point anyway, as Laird himself has put this one to bed. He's not going anywhere.

In what universe do we get 2x 1st round picks for Laird?
From a sellers perspective you would be entitled to spruik he is after all a 2 x AA. Fell away this year due to internal issue - blah blah.

I think there’s a case to be made for 2 x 1sts before probably settling on a 1st and 2nd. Or 1st and a decent player

No, it's not - and doubly so when that player is a HBF'er, and not a gun midfielder.

We'd probably get 1x mid-late 1st round pick for him, but there's not a snowball's chance in Hell that we get 2. It's a moot point anyway, as Laird himself has put this one to bed. He's not going anywhere.
Yes this. But you only need to look at Laird's ability to rack up the ball - he was almost the leading possession winner in the league in his AA years. 2 x 1sts for a contracted dual AA is par for the course with maybe a 2nd going back

From a sellers perspective you would be entitled to spruik he is after all a 2 x AA. Fell away this year due to internal issue - blah blah.

I think there’s a case to be made for 2 x 1sts before probably settling on a 1st and 2nd. Or 1st and a decent player
There is no case for asking/hoping/expecting 2x 1sts for a HBF player like Laird. That's double his trade value. Sure, you can spruik it, but nobody - not even a terrible trader like David Noble - would pay that kind of price.

Yes this. But you only need to look at Laird's ability to rack up the ball - he was almost the leading possession winner in the league in his AA years. 2 x 1sts for a contracted dual AA is par for the course with maybe a 2nd going back
He's still not worth 2x 1sts, not in this universe or any other. Contracted or Uncontracted, he's still not worth anywhere near 2x 1sts.

The original conversation was about Brisbanes next 2 first rounders (as in Collingwoods this year and Brisbanes next year). It would almost certainly shake out to 2 picks in the 14-18 range.

I agree Laird had a subpar season, but for a 25 year old, duel AA, and B&F. That's relatively close to market value!

Personally if we were forced to trade Laird i'd prefer to get a pick in the top 5-10, rather then 2 picks in the late teens

He's still not worth 2x 1sts, not in this universe or any other. Contracted or Uncontracted, he's still not worth anywhere near 2x 1sts.
[/QUOTE]
I think you are dead wrong on this one and you only need go look at the other teams boards to see how highly they rate Laird. You don't get to be AA - twice - if you are bog average as a player. AND contracted...remember SOS said you pay a premium for players in contract

Hill isnt worth pick 5 either. Polec wasnt worth anywhere near what he got traded for. Sometimes a player moves for a lot more than he's worth.

I think you are dead wrong on this one and you only need go look at the other teams boards to see how highly they rate Laird. You don't get to be AA - twice - if you are bog average as a player. AND contracted...remember SOS said you pay a premium for players in contract
[/QUOTE]
I'm not saying that he's "BOG average as a player", and I'm well aware that he's contracted. He's still not worth 2x 1st round draft picks. We didn't even get that for Dangerfield.

The only players who command that level of compensation are elite midfielders and AA-level key position forwards. HBF'ers can forget about it.

I'm not saying that he's "BOG average as a player", and I'm well aware that he's contracted. He's still not worth 2x 1st round draft picks. We didn't even get that for Dangerfield.

The only players who command that level of compensation are elite midfielders and AA-level key position forwards. HBF'ers can forget about it.
[/QUOTE]
Gibbs

Doesn't mean that anyone is going to pay 2x 1sts for a HBF player.

Rory Laird falls under a different category. He is a massive success story. Drafted as a rookie. Goes on to be a B&F and dual AA. Most importantly he is from South Australia. So all of these things combined means that we wont look at trading him in a rational way. Even on this board, people get very agitated at the thought. It would be hugely unpopular if we traded him. He is only 26 (next season) and as a local he is unlikely to crack the shits or say he is homesick. Similar story for Brodie Smith.

We would only trade a local success story like Laird or Smith if we got massive overs. Given the current state of affairs I doubt the club would even trade him for two firsts. But we definitely wouldnt trade him for less than that (or a high single first rounder which is equivalent to two late firsts). If that means nobody is going to pay it, it means we arent trading him. So you are right and so are all the people who say Laird wont be traded. We wont because nobody would pay what we would demand. But if we are putting a price on him in fantasy (playstation) trades, then two firsts is a starting point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back