2019-22 Cricket World Cup League Two

Remove this Banner Ad

The first ever CWC League Two is one of the replacements for the World Cricket League, consisting of 21 ODI tri-series between 7 teams, each playing seven series at home and away. The top three after all these matches are played will go straight into...the World Cup Qualifier. The bottom four will go into the World Cup Qualifier play-off (which they can then use to get into the World Cup Qualifier).

The first of these tri-series gets started today in Scotland, between Oman, PNG and the hosts.

I like he way they call it world cup division two, to rub in the fact that the ICC have taken away all practical chance of them making the world cup. Even if Zimbabwe are gone for the next four years (hopefully not, now the ZC board has been re-instated-ish).

I like he way they call it world cup division two, to rub in the fact that the ICC have taken away all practical chance of them making the world cup. Even if Zimbabwe are gone for the next four years (hopefully not, now the ZC board has been re-instated-ish).

Even worse if you're not in the Challenge League. Unlike the WCL, teams now have no chance of rising through the ranks to get into a WC during a four year cycle

From the Scotland vs PNG match:

Looks like Scotland got their revenge on Oman, both 2-1. Was it still good for spin, or did they change pitches? Oman seemed very spin heavy from the little I saw of them in one of the games.

Yep, Scotland opened with Mark Watt and Hamza Tahir took 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nepal knocked over USA today for 35, tied for the lowest ever score in an ODI. Sandeep Lamichhane 6/16 and Sushan Bhari 4/5.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back