2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
It'll start raining again before any play can get under way, think days 2 and 5 are the only ones with a decent forecast, this test is a dead duck I'm afraid.

deanc

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
Waverley
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tasmania
Ah well, bed soon and up at 5am for Liverpool v Chelsea.
Won't have to suffer through S Smith making 140+ irritating runs!

And of course he will irresponsibly throw his wicket away again in the 140's, not sure how he is still in the team really....
Moreover Geoff Boycott (who can see past the end of his bed) has also said Smith has a deplorable technique and can't even run between the wickets properly, so there you have it...

Last edited:

ChappyUK

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Podcaster Pokemon is Life Pantskyle
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR.
Not raining where I am (about 10 min away for Lord's) and hasn't been for the last little while. Hoping the weather holds off like it is at the moment

There is a small gap in the radar but it's going to rain all day.

Ah well, bed soon and up at 5am for Liverpool v Chelsea.
Won't have to suffer through S Smith making 140+ irritating runs!
From one suffering to another.
Fat Frank tactical masterclass incoming....

So what's your point? The series loss is on the back of one man? Or are you saying any Australian player involved in that series shouldn't be playing in this one?

I’m saying the makeup of the attack didn’t work last time, and neither did the batting. It was time to change both, we have.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Have they done the toss and named the teams at least?

The games officially started.

If we were 1-0 down in the series it'd not be raining, would be overcast and England would be bowling first.
Broad would have ripped through us.

Just like Old Trafford 2013. Rain coming to the poms aid.

Back