2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
I’m saying the makeup of the attack didn’t work last time, and neither did the batting. It was time to change both, we have.

And it's a matter of debate whether the change to our attack was more responsible for the 1st Test victory or the change to England's attack (the early loss of Anderson) or the change to our batting.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I still remember Bill Lawry's GONE, GOne, gone when Ricky Ponting dropped the catch at 2nd slip at the Gabba I believe. Then Lawry said, "What an effort". Ponting was elite in the field but his sharp decline was sad to see.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
Still remember some of the Australian population lamenting the spin options after Warne retired. There was even a campaign to bring Warne back in our disastrous Ashes at home in 2010-11. The likes of Krejza, Doherty and Beer didn't live up to it. Then came the Lyon project around 2011 I believe and we all know how that ended - great.

Still remember some of the Australian population lamenting the spin options after Warne retired. There was even a campaign to bring Warne back in our disastrous Ashes at home in 2010-11. The likes of Krejza, Doherty and Beer didn't live up to it. Then came the Lyon project around 2011 I believe and we all know how that ended - great.

People have been shitting on Garry his entire career because he wasn't Shane Warne.

Amazing Adelaide is the very height of Australian cricket. The incredible line-up, the most beautiful venue in the world at the time, top class commentary, classic finish. It was a magical Ashes series, you had a real sense the whole country was watching while listening to Boned.
I was up the back of the bottom row of the Bradman Stand.

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
This is a stupid question but I will ask anyway.

Is their technology now a days to use say ball tracker retrospectivly going off the vision or does it all have to be captured live? It wouldn't mean anything except it would be interesting to see some of the LBWs.

Back