ChappyUK

Premium Platinum
Sep 12, 2011
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal, QPR, Southend United
Doesn't rain here every 5 minutes though.

In England if bad light stops play (wait for it).......they play extra time the following evening, how ******* sharp are you campaigners?
I'm Australian. Hasn't rained for a few weeks and has been one of the best summers I can remember.

It gets dark at 10:30pm here at the height and 9ish now. You do realise bad light is usually due to cloud and not just the sun?

The Passenger

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Mar 25, 2003
Hasa Diga Eebowai
AFL Club
West Coast
That's not how you do summer England
Been a rubbish summer over here.

2018 was brilliant.

We had about as many sub 20-degrees day in the first 3 weeks of June this year than the all three summer months in 2018 and hasn't really picked up. Yet funnily enough the second day of the England-Ireland test was probably the hottest day I've experienced here.

Last edited:

Frank Gallagher

Diamond Encrusted Unobtainium Premium Member
Aug 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm Australian. Hasn't rained for a few weeks and has been one of the best summers I can remember.

It gets dark at 10:30pm here at the height and 9ish now. You do realise bad light is usually due to cloud and not just the sun?
Much more likely for bad light to affect play later in the day, though!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Pom

Debutant
Aug 1, 2019
AFL Club
Sydney
Doesn't rain here every 5 minutes though.

In England if bad light stops play (wait for it).......they play extra time the following evening, how ******* sharp are you campaigners?
Sunset in England is currently well after 8pm. The only reason they'd go off for bad light would be if it's very overcast, something that's not guaranteed the following evening.

grumbleguts

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2011
Tully FNQ
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Sunset in England is currently well after 8pm. The only reason they'd go off for bad light would be if it's very overcast, something that's not guaranteed the following evening.
Yes, actually it is guaranteed. Stupid stupid country. Six entire weeks I was there over one particular summer and not once did I see the sun. Earth has two choices, relocate everyone there, (there's no real reason to live there anyway) and turn it into farms and hope photosynthesis works in the kind of lighting cameras auto pop up flashes in, or just ignore it exists and stop organising cricket tournaments there.

Turn on the tv and some bland drama is on.
Me: what's this? and what part of England is it in?
Wife: How did you know it was in England? No one has spoken.
Me: It's grey and the ground's wet.

Why do people still live there? We invented boats years ago, and the people there used them to send a select few to paradise and then returned themselves to old dreary. Then they happened upon the idea of sending some loyalists to Canada. Why? To keep them in the fridge for later?

Tayl0r

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Yes, actually it is guaranteed. Stupid stupid country. Six entire weeks I was there over one particular summer and not once did I see the sun. Earth has two choices, relocate everyone there, (there's no real reason to live there anyway) and turn it into farms and hope photosynthesis works in the kind of lighting cameras auto pop up flashes in, or just ignore it exists and stop organising cricket tournaments there.

Turn on the tv and some bland drama is on.
Me: what's this? and what part of England is it in?
Wife: How did you know it was in England? No one has spoken.
Me: It's grey and the ground's wet.

Why do people still live there? We invented boats years ago, and the people there used them to send a select few to paradise and then returned themselves to old dreary. Then they happened upon the idea of sending some loyalists to Canada. Why? To keep them in the fridge for later?
La cohorte canadienne fait partie d'une infiltration à long terme contre l'ennemi de longue date de l'Angleterre, les Français

Top Bottom