2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

If it retains the Ashes, that’s fine. Get ahead in the series, and you deserve to play accordingly

So you would love the entire next ashes series to be rained out with zero play so we retain the Ashes? Interesting. Here I thought cricket existed to be played/watched and enjoyed... But I guess watching border force reruns is just as fun.

Pretty much when markets opened, might have been a day or so after. Have backed it flat, and put it in smaller multi with Melbourne to beat Sydney on Friday

The draw opened $6 after the first test

So, now that its officially a "Four Day" test, what rules (if any) are changed, other than the follow-on can now be enforced with a lead of 150 runs?

This was the point I was making but couldn't be bothered following through. It started there and stayed outside $5 until at least Saturday.

Might have been then, either way I’m happy enough $3.50 is nice. Now watch me back Mystic Journey with it only for it to get rolled!

So, now that its officially a "Four Day" test, what rules (if any) are changed, other than the follow-on can now be enforced with a lead of 150 runs?

98 overs a day the main change.

The MCC agreed to the ICC's demands to trial a new rule during the first cycle of the Test Championship:

Clause S1 and S2 read as follows:
S1 In the event of a drawn test match, where one or more full days are lost to rain, the team which has the higher number of foreign born players will be deemed the winner. The win is measured in the context of the series, and in allocating points for the Test Championship.

S2 In the event that both sides have an equal number of foreign born players, the team which has struck a higher number of boundaries (averaged across their innings), will be deemed the winner.

Last edited:
The MCC agreed to the ICC's demands to trial a new rule during the first cycle of the Test Championship:

Clause BS1 and BS2 read as follows:
BS1 In the event of a drawn test match, where one or more full days are lost to rain, the team which has the higher number of foreign born players will be deemed the winner. The win is measured in the context of the series, and in allocating points for the Test Championship.

BS2 In the event that both sides have an equal number of foreign born players, the team which has struck a higher number of boundaries (averaged across their innings), will be deemed the winner.

Play Ussie and Marnus, fly in Renshaw, Hilton Cartwright and Fawad Ahmed. Should do the trick

Anyone played at the Hume & Hovell cricket ground at Strath Creek, outside Seymour? Allegedly the same dimensions and slope as Lord's, except that the slope runs top-bottom.

vc2CExY.jpg
Lovely setting for a cricket ground in the beautiful little hamlet of Strath Creek. Has the pub re-opened there Ron?

Lovely setting for a cricket ground in the beautiful little hamlet of Strath Creek. Has the pub re-opened there Ron?

Not sure, haven't been there for a while. Was just reading that the cricket ground changed hands six years ago and is now operated by Chris Rogers' father.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BTW for those who get their FTA over Foxtel (via cable/FTTP), I noticed I was able to watch on GEMHD last night (it wasnt available for the first test).
Shows up as a locked channel and says you need to upgrade to get it, but it worked when I selected it anyway.

BTW for those who get their FTA over Foxtel (via cable/FTTP), I noticed I was able to watch on GEMHD last night (it wasnt available for the first test).
Shows up as a locked channel and says you need to upgrade to get it, but it worked when I selected it anyway.

:thumbsu: channel number?

:thumbsu: channel number?

At work at the moment so can't check, but it was like 235 or 295 from memory. I have an IQ3.
Was right at the bottom of the HD Channel list, showed up grayed out and with the key next to it, when I first chose it said I had to upgrade to get it, but then it just worked.

Beginning from 2005 at Edgbaston, so not counting Australia's win at Lords, England famously won that series, and enjoyed an historically good run against Australia, including the 2010/11 thrashing on Australian soil. Some great England players were in the team at the same time.

In that time period Australia have won 19 tests to 13.

19 - 13. Funny how my memory is mostly of the times we sucked...

Beginning from 2005 at Edgbaston, so not counting Australia's win at Lords, England famously won that series, and enjoyed an historically good run against Australia, including the 2010/11 thrashing on Australian soil. Some great England players were in the team at the same time.

In that time period Australia have won 19 tests to 13.

19 - 13. Funny how my memory is mostly of the times we sucked...
Probably skewed a bit because of the series on Australian soil where we dominated them. Feels good being an Australian cricket fan in this era where that's considered a poor run though.

Is tonight starting earlier because yesterday was totally washed out?
Can’t find anywhere saying it is.
No. It should.

Wonder if it can't due to light or broadcast or something? I believe they sometimes start earlier in the Australian summer when they lose time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back