2019 2nd Ashes Test - Lords 14-18 August 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

*eting down now.

Should get a full day's play tomorrow but more rain is forecast for Friday and Saturday and then it's clear again on Sunday.

Doubtful that a result will be possible unless there is some great bowling or terrible batting.

Of course we all want to see cricket but a draw here leaves the hosts having to win 2 of the next 3 tests, so it's clearly advantage Aus...

Of course we all want to see cricket but a draw here leaves the hosts having to win 2 of the next 3 tests, so it's clearly advantage Aus...

Agree. Draw is perfectly fine, especially with Pattinson back next test. Plus the more rain we can sort of "rest" Cummins during this match.

fu** heads cant even build a decent grandstand, not much hope of em putting a roof on their pathetic grounds, what a pathetic part of the world.

Australian grounds all have roofs do they.

Well the only good thing to come out of the rain today, is that I was able to watch Gayle go spare against India in what looks to be his last ever ODI innings. What a sight that was

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Channel 9 could at least put on Papua New Guinea v Oman for those of us who’ve stayed up this late.

There would be contractual reasons why they couldn’t for starters though.

Doesn't rain here every 5 minutes though.

In England if bad light stops play (wait for it).......they play extra time the following evening, how ******* sharp are you campaigners?

I'm Australian. Hasn't rained for a few weeks and has been one of the best summers I can remember.

It gets dark at 10:30pm here at the height and 9ish now. You do realise bad light is usually due to cloud and not just the sun?

That's not how you do summer England
Been a rubbish summer over here.

2018 was brilliant.

We had about as many sub 20-degrees day in the first 3 weeks of June this year than the all three summer months in 2018 and hasn't really picked up. Yet funnily enough the second day of the England-Ireland test was probably the hottest day I've experienced here.

Last edited:
Doesn't rain here every 5 minutes though.

In England if bad light stops play (wait for it).......they play extra time the following evening, how ******* sharp are you campaigners?

Sunset in England is currently well after 8pm. The only reason they'd go off for bad light would be if it's very overcast, something that's not guaranteed the following evening.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back