archereleven

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2013
Broome
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons
English must be your second language. I said they blocked and left him. No pies to smash. 'Eventually get it wrong' - DMML. The two he got out clean bowled both scored ducks. One was a golden. Have you ever considered a career in comedy?

What's changed your tune on Starc? In December you said this ......

A couple of years before that when someone asked what was our best bowling attack you named him first. :arrowright: #1,656
Lol Eddie and his bullshit has been caught out

Looks like I was right, Eddie is shitting himself at thought of Starc getting a gig.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
In this match it was the pressure Starc built in his first two overs (maidens) that probably enabled Neser to get his first two wickets.
You do some very odd mental gymnastics to make Starc look better then he is.

Regardless of that even if Starc was a superstar bowler in the best form of his life, his selection or non selection probably isn't going to make a difference, we already have great bowlers.

It's just going to come down to the batsman. If we can make 350 in the first innings of a Test without too much rain around I think we retain the Ashes then and there. With Khawaja scoring runs here I think we'll drop Wade, keep Harris and then it just comes down to whether we want Lab at 3 or 5.

Crankitup

Club Legend
Sep 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco
Not half as odd as the mental plyometrics some here do to make him look worse than he is.

Regardless of that even if Starc was a superstar bowler in the best form of his life, his selection or non selection probably isn't going to make a difference, we already have great bowlers.
Great bowlers, but they don't always bowl great. Last innings of the last match is a great example. When you can't stop a 73 run final wicket stand, that's not great bowling. Yes, technically they did stop it and the umpire frustrated us but it should never have got that close.

If we can make 350 in the first innings of a Test without too much rain around I think we retain the Ashes then and there. With Khawaja scoring runs here I think we'll drop Wade, keep Harris and then it just comes down to whether we want Lab at 3 or 5.
Funnily enough I'm inclined to agree with you here.

Last edited:

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Mitch Marsh closing on a 50.

Odd that every time he has batted at 3, he scored a 39*. Hmmm lol

archereleven

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2013
Broome
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons

It's just going to come down to the batsman. If we can make 350 in the first innings of a Test without too much rain around I think we retain the Ashes then and there. With Khawaja scoring runs here I think we'll drop Wade, keep Harris and then it just comes down to whether we want Lab at 3 or 5.
Starc certainly strengthens our batting lineup too with 9 x test 50s. Or is his batting going to be dismissed as irrelevant also?

woota

Club Legend
Jun 27, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Smith is batting tremendously against Derbyshire, already played that flamingo shot through mid wicket that he does when he's in form. I'm tipping a double century from him in this innings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Starc certainly strengthens our batting lineup too with 9 x test 50s. Or is his batting going to be dismissed as irrelevant also?

Handy for a bowler, but his batting went down hill a few years ago and he's really just a reasonable slogger.

I'd have both Cummins/Pattinson ahead of him with the bat in Tests so at best he's batting at 9/10 which shouldn't really factor into selection.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin
Nothing, he scored multiple tons on our last tour here as well and it didn't transfer to anything productive in the Tests.
So what you really mean is that we slot in Mitch Marsh at 3 in the Ashes. I like your thinking.

to1994

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Last edited:

Top Bottom