2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Stokes was an absolute colossus. He was immense with the ball and just smashed the s**t out of our inept bowlers who just bowled complete crap. Greatest individual performance to carry a team to victory I can recall.

That ump should * right off and so should the review system, 2 reviews and in the teams hands is a joke. That was plum as and the ump just stands there like a stunned mullet, surely you give it and let england review but he doesnt want umps call to come into it. Just review everything ffs so the right results are made.

England on paper have more talent. Look at the spuds in the middle order. Head, Wade, Harris are all laughable. As is Usman. B Grade batting line up at best.

Australia were 2 hours away from losing the second test if not for weather. Once you take the rose coloured goggles off you realise that this Australian team is similar to the Lara led Windies team. One great batsmen and a plethora of rubbish underneath.
Yes cos that side with Roy, Bairstow, Burns, Denly and Buttler is so good. You’re s**t too.

There is no way we can drop Paine, stop suggesting it. We made our bed and now have to lie in it re: the Paine captaincy and Smith ban. Who else can captain?

Out: Harris, Pattinson
In: Smith, Siddle

Move Khawaja up to open to fit Smith at 4, Labs at 3. I wouldn’t be opposed to dropping Khawaja outright though. Also very tempting to drop one of Cummins/Hazlewood for Starc, at least he can deliver a bloody yorker. But in the light of day despite their poor day yesterday, I think picking an erratic Starc over those 2 could be costly. You don’t want to overreact and drop everyone.

Pains me to say it but Stokes has become a legend after that performance with the bat and ball. England win is remarkable. Good on them and now i fully expect them to go on and win back the Ashes.

Pains me to say it but Stokes has become a legend after that performance with the bat and ball. England win is remarkable. Good on them and now i fully expect them to go on and win back the Ashes.

As amazing as the win was, I don't think England have the series won just yet. It'll depend on what Steve Smith does for the rest of the series he and he alone will give the batting an extra edge. I know the intention is for him to return ASAP, but what if he's still dealing with the effects of concussion ?

As amazing as the win was, I don't think England have the series won just yet. It'll depend on what Steve Smith does for the rest of the series he and he alone will give the batting an extra edge. I know the intention is for him to return ASAP, but what if he's still dealing with the effects of concussion ?
Cleared to play the next practice match.. he will play

He's been training in the nets so will be a definite starter for the next test. I know what you're saying but when England has the momentum and is playing at home, they're difficult to stop.

England won the test fair and square.

To blame Joel Wilson for the defeat is the simplest clutching at straws.

To chase down 73 with one wicket in hand with the Ashes at risk is an unbelievable performance under pressure.

Strides to the crease at 3/141 the previous night and stonewalls to stumps at 2 runs off 50 balls.

Then the next day, shoulders all responsibility for the final wicket partnership after watching six wickets fall at the other end.

Simply incredible!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except the ball clearly straighten.
After it hit the front pad. The red ball where it pitched was 3 inches inside the blue shaded area. When it clips the front pad it is about an inch inside the shaded period. DRS then clearly
Selectors are more spineless than the team. I fully expect them to freeze when needing to drop someone for Smith and send out 12 players.
What is the bet they drop Marnus and say he was only filling in for Smith. One big s**t show from top to bottom.
I’m trying to get through today on three hours sleep ffs and the fact that life sux atm.

To chase down 73 with one wicket in hand with the Ashes at risk is an unbelievable performance under pressure.

Strides to the crease at 3/141 the previous night and stonewalls to stumps at 2 runs off 50 balls.

Then the next day, shoulders all responsibility for the final wicket partnership after watching six wickets fall at the other end.

Simply incredible!!!
Australia should have taken their chances but that LBW decision was disgusting .. it was hitting middle half way up

Aussies no doubt had the worst of the conditions, but with both first innings being short and the pitch being s but green, it was always going to be ok to good batting on the fourth day.

Thus Australia really needed to do better with their second innings, unfortunately they got nothing from their top three. England only have two blokes that can bat, good effort to chase that down.

Simply incredible!!!

Despite the mistakes Australia made a competent umpire gives that out as it's a simple decision. Give it and Australia win, that's not clutching at straws that's just fact. Simple fact. Having said that we should've won the game much earlier than that and there needs to be ramifications.

Back