2019 3rd Ashes Test 22-27 August Headingley

Who will win the 3rd test?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta feeling it is going to be a 2-2 draw at the end of the series......following on from the tied WC final.

Just an inkling.

As a proud pom living in Holland, I happened to notice a newspaper report in the Daily Mail just a couple of days after Ben Stokes brilliant knock which has brought England back into the 2019 Ashes series, which for long parts of the four-day game seemed impossible.

The post by no other than Shane Warner claimed former England star Matt Prior was being childish and immature after he mocked Nathon Lyon for his fumble in collecting the ball to run out Jack Leach which handed the tense game to England. Prior took great relish in Lyon's misfortune, tweeting: 'Nathan Lyon #mothercricket #sleepwell' after the game. Warne, swallowing the bate and replied, calling Prior 'childish'.
He went on. "Grow up, and enough of those stupid comments." "Let's celebrate the wonderful game of Test cricket and the Ashes please!"
"It's ridiculous all these cheap shots, just unnecessary!" "I'm all for banter and fun." "I gave it and took it, this is just ridiculous and childish from Matt Prior."
At the beginning of the 2014-14 ashes tour down under, Lyon had said he was looking forward to ending Englishmen's careers during the series and he mentioned Matt Prior as being one of them.

Maybe Matt Prior had crossed, "THE LINE!" So, I checked my Wisden book of cricket rules, I could find no reference to "The Line," but yet I know it existed because I had heard numerous times Australian players saying, "HE CROSSED THE LINE," this time. I remember David Warner accusing Quinton de utensil of crossing "The Line," in South Africa.

So I did a Google and found out that, "The Line," is not in the rules at all, it is something the Australians invented, it means, the Australians are allowed to sledge and bully opponents but if the opposition sledges the Australian team back, well, the opposition have crossed, "THE LINE," and that's not allowed and this is exactly what is going on now between Matt Prior and Nathon Lyon, "Prior's childish and immature sledging of Nathon Lyon has, "CROSSED THE LINE."

We won't bother mentioning the fact that England's youngest player Jofra Archer was mocked and sledged by Australian captain Tim Payne when he holed out on Sunday

We are always led to believe, South Africa, are the hopeless chockers of international cricket but the real chockers here, are Nathon Lyon and Australia, last week's Headingley Test was the 10th time a Test match has gone down to the wire between England and Australia and Australia have lost them all, Headingley 81, Edgebaston 81, Melbourne 82, The Oval 1997, Headingly 2001, Edgebaston 2005, Trent Bridge 2005, Trent Bridge 2013, and Ben Stokes, Headingley 2019.

As a proud pom living in Holland, I happened to notice a newspaper report in the Daily Mail just a couple of days after Ben Stokes brilliant knock which has brought England back into the 2019 Ashes series, which for long parts of the four-day game seemed impossible.

The post by no other than Shane Warne claimed former England star Matt Prior was being childish and immature after he mocked Nathon Lyon for his fumble in collecting the ball to run out Jack Leach which handed the tense game to England. Prior took great relish in Lyon's misfortune, tweeting: 'Nathan Lyon #mothercricket #sleepwell' after the game. Warne, swallowing the bate and replied, calling Prior 'childish'.
He went on. "Grow up, and enough of those stupid comments." "Let's celebrate the wonderful game of Test cricket and the Ashes please!"
"It's ridiculous all these cheap shots, just unnecessary!" "I'm all for banter and fun." "I gave it and took it, this is just ridiculous and childish from Matt Prior."
At the beginning of the 2014-14 ashes tour down under, Lyon had said he was looking forward to ending Englishmen's careers during the series and he mentioned Matt Prior as being one of them.

Maybe Matt Prior had crossed, "THE LINE!" So, I checked my Wisden book of cricket rules, I could find no reference to "The Line," but yet I know it existed because I had heard numerous times Australian players saying, "HE CROSSED THE LINE," this time. I remember David Warner accusing Quinton de utensil of crossing "The Line," in South Africa.

So I did a Google and found out that, "The Line," is not in the rules at all, it is something the Australians invented, it means, the Australians are allowed to sledge and bully opponents but if the opposition sledges the Australian team back, well, the opposition have crossed, "THE LINE," and that's not allowed and this is exactly what is going on now between Matt Prior and Nathon Lyon, "Prior's childish and immature sledging of Nathon Lyon has, "CROSSED THE LINE."

We won't bother mentioning the fact that England's youngest player Jofra Archer was mocked and sledged by Australian captain Tim Payne when he holed out on Sunday

We are always led to believe, South Africa, are the hopeless chockers of international cricket but the real chockers here, are Nathon Lyon and Australia, last week's Headingley Test was the 10th time a Test match has gone down to the wire between England and Australia and Australia have lost them all, Headingley 81, Edgebaston 81, Melbourne 82, The Oval 1997, Headingly 2001, Edgebaston 2005, Trent Bridge 2005, Trent Bridge 2013, and Ben Stokes, Headingley 2019.
Should read Shane Warne

The post by no other than Shane Warner claimed former England star Matt Prior was being childish and immature after he mocked Nathon Lyon for his fumble in collecting the ball to run out Jack Leach which handed the tense game to England. Prior took great relish in Lyon's misfortune, tweeting: 'Nathan Lyon #mothercricket #sleepwell' after the game. Warne, swallowing the bate and replied, calling Prior 'childish'.

Tim Paine and Matt Wade play with Archer at the Hobart Hurricanes . t20 george Bailey
in fact Hobart hurricanes last 2 yrs . gave him the START in international cricket

3 wickets to Starc, that’ll get the masses excited, conveniently ignoring the part where he was useless against the actual batsmen...

Siddle being rested whilst playing. Bowls after Marsh and bowled a lot less overs

I dont know how much you can read into the game.
Derbyshire are 8th in division 2. Even if Starc had torn through the entire team.

"

It was a s#it shot, he should bat with a bit of heart if he is going to keep on having giggles with teammates after hitting batsman in the head.

Not sure what you living in Holland has to do with anything, but anyway.

Australia stuffed it up, no doubt about it but they're making an exciting series out of this Ashes which is great for Cricket.

England came to Australia and were completely toothless, twice in a row. Every Test was a snooze because they can't produce bowlers capable of making an impact on flat pitches. They finally may have one but he's a product of another setup.

Even if England go onto win the Ashes all it means is they won a series at home which should be par for the course. Their overseas efforts aside from Sri Lanka have been nothing short of terrible and certainly not good enough for a team/board who continues to squeeze poorer teams dry (along with us and India) despite them doing more to provide competitive cricket abroad.

Australia stuffed it up, no doubt about it but they're making an exciting series out of this Ashes which is great for Cricket.

England came to Australia and were completely toothless, twice in a row. Every Test was a snooze because they can't produce bowlers capable of making an impact on flat pitches. They finally may have one but he's a product of another setup.

Even if England go onto win the Ashes all it means is they won a series at home which should be par for the course. Their overseas efforts aside from Sri Lanka have been nothing short of terrible and certainly not good enough for a team/board who continues to squeeze poorer teams dry (along with us and India) despite them doing more to provide competitive cricket abroad.

As a proud Australian living in Nepal, I agree with this post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

roflcopter.

When this series is over, if the poms are honest with themselves they'll look back and say they won the 3rd test because Steve Smith wasn't playing.

3 wickets to Starc, that’ll get the masses excited, conveniently ignoring the part where he was useless against the actual batsmen...

Siddle being rested whilst playing. Bowls after Marsh and bowled a lot less overs

That’s his MO.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Excellent post. Not sure what he meant by "chockers" either but it must be complimentary as he's talking about the team that's won five World Cups and has a better head-to-head against every test team in the history of the game.

Australia have their problems on the road, pretty much like everyone else, but seldom do we throw in the towel after a couple of bad results. England, on the other hand, have done so on three of their last four visits to Australia.

If they win the Ashes they'll be crowing forever about how they did the World Cup and Ashes in the same year (Australia doing the same in 1999, 2003 and 2007 will be conveniently ignored). For the sake of the rest of the world of cricket, please just win one of these last two bloody test matches, Australia.

I dont know how much you can read into the game.
Derbyshire are 8th in division 2. Even if Starc had torn through the entire team.
Yep, sadly the days of tour games really influencing a series are long gone, much to the detriment of cricket I think. Would be much better if all touring sides played enough tour games to acclimatize to conditions.

You Poms have the WORST banter. 'ThE LiNe' is something which was beaten into the ground some time around 2009. It's good that Matt Prior got some jollies out of his betters achieving something, hopefully you can do the same. After some spelling lessons. Apologies if too harsh, need to get all my licks in now in case Aus wins the next test, as that usually leads to english posters going missing.

Last edited:
It was a s#it shot, he should bat with a bit of heart if he is going to keep on having giggles with teammates after hitting batsman in the head.
the fact that Archer Paine ,Wade , play together wit HOBART HURRICANES ,had nothing too do with ha ha ,
will be sitting down for Xmas lunch again this yr

There isn't much animosity between the teams. Broad is mates with most of the team mainly Patto, and Siddle, Bairstow and Warner are buddies, Smith, Buttler, Stokes, and Archer,

So the sledging I hope in some naivety is that it isn't brutal compared to the last Ashes series.

Surprise, surprise, Fox Sports going crazy about Starc on the back of 3 tail end wickets in a tour game...

Eddie quietly shitting himself that if Starc gets a gig, he'll take the wickets of both openers, Denly and the bulk of the tail.

He didn't have a run scored off him until his 24th ball. A new leaf maybe...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back