2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boggles the mind. What about a 10am start? Far out. The planning is so rubbish. Been identical for each of the tests this series.
Because as I mentioned they are morons.

There is a reason why Brexit and the UK parliament is such a mess. They follow the same mantra.

Game over.

Australian cricket had to seriously consider future series in England IMO, this is a joke, i'd prefer we played India.

Taylor just said that was a great result for Australia, Umm, what?
How isn’t it? Root and Burns didn’t get centuries, they still need 100 runs to avoid the follow on.
England haven’t really been comfortable.

Agree. Playing all season in England has been underwhelming, World Cup included

Because as I mentioned they are morons.

There is a reason why Brexit and the UK parliament is such a mess. They follow the same mantra.

I head England Pound Sterling will be banned and they will be using Bitcoin or some internet currency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perhaps, but you whinging about it on a bigfooty forum is going to make what difference..?
Do tell how mentioning we need catching men is “whinging”. And why did you pick out my post to quote and not the other ~10 saying the exact same thing?

Do tell how mentioning we need catching men is “whining”. And why did you pick out my post to quote and not the other ~10 saying the exact same thing?

Way too much unnecessary negativity people, if you've never played the game, I apoligise...

But do you FEEL better having had a whinge? I'm looking to understand the reasoning behind you and others ludicrous posts.....
It's an internet forum, not a meeting of the United Nations Security Council. Posts don't need to meet a productivity threshod.

Do you FEEL better having a whinge about negative posts though?

Perhaps, but you whinging about it on a bigfooty forum is going to make what difference..?

Nothing anybody says here actually means anything whether its positive or negative, it's just a bunch of people talking s**t but it can be like a form of therapy just letting things off your chest while watching the game some people are more positive than others but their opinions still mean * all just like the negative bloke so what does it matter?

Good day for Aus. Was a worry early, but once Burns luck ran out and the Root conversion curse kicked in Hazlewood got us right back on top. England win impossible from here I think, and if the pitch is a normal day 5 pitch we should be able to get the win.

A little paranoid about the follow-on though (assuming England don't score enough to avoid it), if we don't enforce it we will probably run out of time, if we do and someone pulls a Stokes-esque performance out of their arse we are one Smith away from another historic defeat.

If we can have them out by lunch we're a big chance of forcing a result. If they get to tea it starts getting pretty tough.

Feels like the decision about whether we take the new ball and how we use that new ball will be key just like last test, if we waste it again these two and buttler could score pretty quick if we use it well and get through them around lunchtime with a 200 lead we could be in with a shout.

The draw is still just about the favourite, I reckon. Let's be honest, there's no way the follow-on would be enforced. We may have them five down but one of them is admittedly the night-watchman.

I was delighted with our discipline and willingness to bend our backs bowling on this flat pitch. We were rewarded late in the day. England's bowlers just seemed to sulk at the conditions.

This pitch is really now starting to turn and will be tough on Day 5. For all of Stokes' brilliance at Headingley, it was on a pitch that really flattened out. This one stands more chance of breaking up.

The Joffra bouncer may have cost Smith equaling or bettering one of the few cricket stats considered almost unbreakable after Bradman's average.

Everton Weekes' 5 consecutive test 100's in 1948 in India. HE amazingly scored his first of the 5 batting at number 7, then moved up to 4 for the next test.

At least Smith's back on track with a few innings left in this tour, 5 consecutive doubles will do.....

The other one it might’ve cost him is Bradman’s other unbreakable record of 974 runs in a test series.

Smith’s put up 589 runs so far in 4 innings. His injury denied him potentially 3 more innings.

Even if he doesn’t bat again tomorrow he’s still scoring 196 runs per test over the 3 that he’s played. That’s slightly better than Bradman’s 195.

The draw is still just about the favourite, I reckon. Let's be honest, there's no way the follow-on would be enforced. We may have them five down but one of them is admittedly the night-watchman.

I was delighted with our discipline and willingness to bend our backs bowling on this flat pitch. We were rewarded late in the day. England's bowlers just seemed to sulk at the conditions.

This pitch is really now starting to turn and will be tough on Day 5. For all of Stokes' brilliance at Headingley, it was on a pitch that really flattened out. This one stands more chance of breaking up.

I would be pretty happy if we got 100 overs at them, draw would be the fav but with the time lost and them looking good at two down just having another shot on the last day to retain the ashes would be nice.

If the weather hold we should get maybe 185 overs in so if we want 100+ at them it doesn't leave us much runs or time to take those last 5 wickets on day 4.

I would be pretty happy if we got 100 overs at them, draw would be the fav but with the time lost and them looking good at two down just having another shot on the last day to retain the ashes would be nice.

If the weather hold we should get maybe 185 overs in so if we want 100+ at them it doesn't leave us much runs or time to take those last 5 wickets on day 4.

Tomorrow and Sunday should be full days as the weather improves appreciably. I'm thinking 110 overs, which is 98 on Sunday and the last hour on Saturday. We really need Starc to drive a bus through their tail. England all out but still 175 in arrears maybe gives us 40 overs to get the lead to 335 by the time we come to bowl again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back