2019 4th Ashes Test 2019 Old Trafford

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then have a consistent ruling for both ‘outs’ and ‘not outs’.

Right now the ‘not out’ umpires call gets more benefit of the doubt during a review than an ‘out’ call does.

And a player originally given not out can be just as costly to the opposition as a player originally given out.

That's why I'd reduce the umpires call to 20% of the ball not 50% which I've felt is too much. If it's hitting 45% of the stump, that's plenty!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahhh ffs. I am not saying they’re deliberately biased. It’s just the end result has had more of a negative impact the Australia team more than the England team.

Once again...look at the ”UMPIRES CALL” dismissals. Actually, just give up...nothing will ever sway your biased viewpoint.

I've just been through the live commentary looking for any appeals that involved an umpires call. There have been 10 in the series so far. Funnily enough 5 have benefited England and 5 have benefited Australia. So on the whole the on-field umpires have been more in favour of Australia and the effect of umpires call has been equal on each team.

Not doing enough to keep Overton on strike.

Same as last test we have 250 odd runs, who cares if Buttler hits a boundary, get the fielders in, and the last ball should be 0 or 4, don't care which one to Buttler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back