Gugs9

Team Captain
Apr 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
AC Milan
Which Eagles do we think will make the final AA team in 2019.

On current form I can see up to 8 Eagles making the squad of 40:

Gov, Hurn, Sheppard
Yeo, Shuey, Gaff, Sheed
Darling

In terms of the final 22, I’d say the following 5 deserve to definitely make it:
Sheppard, Hurn, Gov
Yeo, Shuey

And I’d say Gaff, Sheed and Darling probably miss out.

Thoughts?
7/8 in the Squad ain't bad. Based on the end of the year I think hurn and gov are the locks.

Darling may sneak in and yeo and shuey are probably fighting for 1 spot. Think shep will be unlucky and miss out.

Ok Boomer

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jul 27, 2015
South West
AFL Club
West Coast
I don't think Hurn should be a lock and I think Sheppard has had a better year, but I'm expecting Hurn to be selected and not Sheppard.

Rowan18

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 20, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I think Hurn will get in as Captain. They need to make amends for the howler from last year when they named Buddy as Captain.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
Yes
Sheppard to get named on the back of taking the most marks for the season. Gotta reward the stats.
Yeo gets named. The hype over the last two weeks ensures he does, otherwise I would have fully expected him to be forgotten.
Gaff has enormous numbers and no other wing holds a candle to his 2019.
Hurn had an incredible start to the year.

No
Darling 10 goals behind Cameron and Brown in the Coleman, so those two are the FF & CHF locks you'd think. Vics also have a hard-on for Hawkins, so Darling is 4th pick at best.
Gov has copped a lot of criticism for not being more accountable. Will miss selection this year I feel.
Shuey, great as he has been, is not only underrated by the Vics but I can admit other mids have had better seasons than him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 24, 2009
In your dreams
AFL Club
West Coast
Yes
Sheppard to get named on the back of taking the most marks for the season. Gotta reward the stats.
Yeo gets named. The hype over the last two weeks ensures he does, otherwise I would have fully expected him to be forgotten.
Gaff has enormous numbers and no other wing holds a candle to his 2019.
Hurn had an incredible start to the year.

No
Darling 10 goals behind Cameron and Brown in the Coleman, so those two are the FF & CHF locks you'd think. Vics also have a hard-on for Hawkins, so Darling is 4th pick at best.
Gov has copped a lot of criticism for not being more accountable. Will miss selection this year I feel.
Shuey, great as he has been, is not only underrated by the Vics but I can admit other mids have had better seasons than him.

Darling shouldn't be competing with Cameron and Brown who are clearly Full Forwards and not Centre Half Forwards.
It's a bit like saying Bontempelli is competing with Grundy for a mid spot. Save for that one year with Adam Goodes they will still pick an actual ruckman in the team.

Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Darling shouldn't be competing with Cameron and Brown who are clearly Full Forwards and not Centre Half Forwards.
It's a bit like saying Bontempelli is competing with Grundy for a mid spot. Save for that one year with Adam Goodes they will still pick an actual ruckman in the team.
That's assuming the selectors actually take real positions into account. The shoehorning of inside mids onto the HFF over the years has shown they don't.

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
I hope you're right.
My thinking is that they will stack the side with mids.

My prediction:
FF: C.Cameron J.Cameron Walters
HF: Dangerfield B.Brown Midfielder

One of TKelly, GAblett, Bont, Dusty or Zorko will slot in.

MrWoollie

Club Legend
Jul 28, 2008
England
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lincoln City Imps, West Perth
I think Yeo will make the 22.
Sheppard should make the 22.

The rest are every chance to miss out. We will not see all of Hurn, Shep and Gov make it. I think one will. And it should be Shep but may end up being one of the others.
Don't think Gaff or Shuey will make it.
JD has had a good year but I think they'll go the FF at FF and FF at CHF business.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back