SugarShane

C6 H12 O6
Sep 9, 2007
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Strikers, BMS Goats
So the Gold Coast have officially turfed their white strip in favour of one of their actual colours.

This now leaves us as the ONLY club in the AFL without white as one of our colours to have a white clash strip. We used to roll out the line that it was an AFL edict that we had to have white but that's been proven false with multiple yellows (WC/Rich/Haw/Bris) and red (Ess) now being approved.

Surely in 2020 the time has come to ditch the white and come up with a red or yellow clash.

ChilliP

All Australian
Nov 8, 2018
Goolwa
AFL Club
Adelaide
So the Gold Coast have officially turfed their white strip in favour of one of their actual colours.

This now leaves us as the ONLY club in the AFL without white as one of our colours to have a white clash strip. We used to roll out the line that it was an AFL edict that we had to have white but that's been proven false with multiple yellows (WC/Rich/Haw/Bris) and red (Ess) now being approved.

Surely in 2020 the time has come to ditch the white and come up with a red or yellow clash.
I like the white with hoops better than red with hoops or yellow with hoops and I think we should make it a requirement that our guernseys always have hoops.

Thetrader15

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide

That's actually quite good...

I know I'm in the minority, but I still like the yellow clash.

Maybe we could try it in red

Coopers

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Wtf are they going to wear against us?

Both will clash. Unless we wear white.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

Well we had the yellow one but everyone turned against it and said it was cursed because we played one bad quarter in it, so the club ditched it in the great post-2017 purge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SaltPeter

"I’m a professional bullshitter"
Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I personally loved it but each to their own.
Yeah same here. Would rate the yellow above every single one of our white guernseys. It actually had a bit of identity about it.
I just didn’t like the tone of the yellow. Funnily enough I don’t mind the tone of yellow in the Richmond clash jumper. I’d still like to see a red clash jumper with hoops though

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows

Always thought the white guernseys were quite popular and whenever we make an alternative strip that isn't white everybody yells and screams how bad it is.

Many like the white guernseys to get signatures too.

Personally I think agree with you but those reasons above I can see the reason the club would be standing clear of non white alternative strips.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

SugarShane

C6 H12 O6
Sep 9, 2007
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Strikers, BMS Goats
I just didn’t like the tone of the yellow. Funnily enough I don’t mind the tone of yellow in the Richmond clash jumper. I’d still like to see a red clash jumper with hoops though
Yeah agreed on the tone. We can thank BLK for that. The ISC one was a lot better but if we could somehow end up with a rich yellow like in our Adidas days, similar to the Hawks' shade or our famous yellow heritage strip, it would look great.

Top Bottom