News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope we never wear a majority red jumper again that thing circa 2009 was cursed.

Dont mind the yellow.

I prefer the white jumper the most though.

Personally think we have our jumpers right. No changes needed.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
You mean this one?
images.jpg

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
191092-tlslargelandscape.jpg

Can we agree that we want this back?
I think it is a perfect blend of our colours, balanced out very well.

Or at least make it a pre-season or Showdown guernsey, or something. Want to see it worn again.
I want Trigg back before this. ..well, almost

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a shorts thing
We have worn the home guernsey with white shorts when appropriate. Showdown is one tie but im sure there are others.
A couple of years back I think that was even stated as the preference for away games unless there was a clash that forced us to wear white/yellow.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
To me, that's our true colour since it was used in the earliest and premiership years.
Our 1993 Prelim was on Fox Footy last night.

Love how dark the blue was then, as it was in 97 and 98.

The current jumper is about right in this regard too.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Swooping Crow from 08/09 is our all time great alternative imo. Would also legit rather wear the red blades circa 07 than a white guernsey, since I don't believe in voodoo curses.
Can't we just take the state guernsey and switch the yellow and blue around so it's not the same?

Doctor B

Club Legend
Jan 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Can't we just take the state guernsey and switch the yellow and blue around so it's not the same?

I think it would look great.

Lets face it, disregard the spin Port Power put on it, Port Powers guernsey is a SA state guernsey with larger V's, in their colours.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I think it would look great.

Lets face it, disregard the spin Port Power put on it, Port Powers guernsey is a SA state guernsey with larger V's, in their colours.
And designed by a 6 year old too. Still, it's much better than the thousands they would have spent on the SBS design they first came up with

Klug

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Woodville West Torrens FC
1548920189019.png

I have just received my son's Auskick bag for 2019, and was surprised to see the 1991 'Camry Crow' logo front and centre.

I think it's great, but just weird, as I was led to believe that the reason we have been putting up with the Baltimore Raven for the last 5+ years was because it appealed to the youth market.

Yet when they put out their merchandise for 2019, they have shrunk it as much as possible, but called out the Camry Crow as the main focus. Why have both? I don't understand.

I just wish they would get rid of the Baltimore Raven altogether, and either go back to what we had previously (either Camry Crow or the 'flying bird' logo we had for much of late 90s/and 2000s) or one of the many sensational alternatives which supporters have designed in their spare time.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
View attachment 613053

I have just received my son's Auskick bag for 2019, and was surprised to see the 1991 'Camry Crow' logo front and centre.

I think it's great, but just weird, as I was led to believe that the reason we have been putting up with the Baltimore Raven for the last 5+ years was because it appealed to the youth market.

Yet when they put out their merchandise for 2019, they have shrunk it as much as possible, but called out the Camry Crow as the main focus. Why have both? I don't understand.

I just wish they would get rid of the Baltimore Raven altogether, and either go back to what we had previously (either Camry Crow or the 'flying bird' logo we had for much of late 90s/and 2000s) or one of the many sensational alternatives which supporters have designed in their spare time.
I love that Crow. It was never an official symbol. But great.to seeing it used more.

My son got given a footy with this crow on it for his first birthday. He loves it.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Probably a.bjt corny, but for the kids that "Claude Crow" character could be ripe for a cartoon. Maybe as part of pre match entertainment on the big screen.

Have animated versions of the players and they solve crimes with Claude Scooby Doo style lol.

Or just make it for c7.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Probably a.bjt corny, but for the kids that "Claude Crow" character could be ripe for a cartoon. Maybe as part of pre match entertainment on the big screen.

Have animated versions of the players and they solve crimes with Claude Scooby Doo style lol.

Or just make it for c7.

You could even buy CC Snacks at the ground for the 1 low price of $14.50

Or just make it for c7.

They used to do a bit of meme-type stuff on Facebook/Twitter with the Claude mascot. Some of it was actually quite funny but it seems to have dropped off a bit.

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

Or just make it for c7.

"Who stole Carlton's #1 draft pick?"

"Ruh roh..."

Back