News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

LegacyNexus

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide
Crowmania sold out again of long sleeve Guernsey. Friggin crap. Now that Crowmania don't do phone orders you're stuffed if you don't live in Adelaide. Is there a Crowmania in the city? West Lakes is so out of the way.

Bam_Bam_Aus

Cancelled
Sensible Type
Mar 7, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Football Club
So I'll precede this with an acknowledgement that attending the Kangaroos game on the weekend has probably added a fair bit of extra salt to my mood...

Son's significant birthday; I thought 'let's make a weekend of it, go to the game, buy him a gurnsey that fits and he can get it signed at the Vic Members Day on Sunday'. Confirmed that there would be merchandise there with the club last week and was told it's a good weekend for it as it's 15% for members.

Get to the merchandise stand and told there are only limited S and XL gurnseys in both home and clash designs. So no new gurnsey for my son to get signed at the members' day.

Ring Crowmania today - none in the shop there. Also rang AFL Store head office and there are none in any stores or online there.

Now individually, everyone has been very understanding and apologetic and I'm grateful for that. I've managed to source one online - it won't be here by his birthday.

But it is round 4 FFS, not round 20. How is it that ISC cannot supply enough bog-standard gurnseys this early in the season? It's not like the AFL season is a surprise.

Sep 18, 2016
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So I'll precede this with an acknowledgement that attending the Kangaroos game on the weekend has probably added a fair bit of extra salt to my mood...

Son's significant birthday; I thought 'let's make a weekend of it, go to the game, buy him a gurnsey that fits and he can get it signed at the Vic Members Day on Sunday'. Confirmed that there would be merchandise there with the club last week and was told it's a good weekend for it as it's 15% for members.

Get to the merchandise stand and told there are only limited S and XL gurnseys in both home and clash designs. So no new gurnsey for my son to get signed at the members' day.

Ring Crowmania today - none in the shop there. Also rang AFL Store head office and there are none in any stores or online there.

Now individually, everyone has been very understanding and apologetic and I'm grateful for that. I've managed to source one online - it won't be here by his birthday.

But it is round 4 FFS, not round 20. How is it that ISC cannot supply enough bog-standard gurnseys this early in the season? It's not like the AFL season is a surprise.

ISC don't supply that much gear from what I've heard and experienced in the past.
They mostly only have a few small runs of production for our gear in designated timeslots every year I believe, whereas I think other companies aren't so locked in as to when our gear can be made.

Bam_Bam_Aus

Cancelled
Sensible Type
Mar 7, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Football Club
Yeah, the lady in the AFL shop said that ISC was bad but nowhere near the worst (Nike apparently). I do find it frustrating when the AFL/the Clubs/the 'system' makes it harder for supporters rather than easier.

LegacyNexus

Team Captain
Jul 28, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

Jesus that's s**t. Even in the store there's low numbers!

Does anyone know how to apply the member discount on the web store? I wanted an Eddie tee at the game but they only had up to the XL at the ground.

While I'm here, also super disappointed in an AFLW premers line that was both anemic, and so low in production run that everything bar the ordinary tee and cap sold out on the train ride home - and when I tried the AO merch store at the next men's home game the caps and shirts only came in women's and kids sizes.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Does anyone know how to apply the member discount on the web store? I wanted an Eddie tee at the game but they only had up to the XL at the ground.

While I'm here, also super disappointed in an AFLW premers line that was both anemic, and so low in production run that everything bar the ordinary tee and cap sold out on the train ride home - and when I tried the AO merch store at the next men's home game the caps and shirts only came in women's and kids sizes.

The merchandise was dictated by the AFL. They designed it in such a vanilla way that it was easily adaptable to either side. The AFL also would've slapped a cease and desist notice on anyone (probably including the club) that tried to do a better range of premiership merchandise (ala the guys that made the Tayla Harris t-shirts).

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Could we go the other way with our away strip?

Have a 'black crow' option - all black guernsey. Gold numbers, red trim. Black shorts.

For games against clubs with bright coloured guernseys - eg Sydney, Gold Coast, West Coast, Bulldogs. Even North Melbourne.

Then the white vs the mostly dark guernsey teams Rich, Carl, Ess, Bris, Freo, Melb

The yellow alternative strip hasn't really taken off. I hardly see anyone wearing it at games either.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide

Have a 'black crow' option - all black guernsey. Gold numbers, red trim. Black shorts.

For games against clubs with bright coloured guernseys - eg Sydney, Gold Coast, West Coast, Bulldogs. Even North Melbourne.

Then the white vs the mostly dark guernsey teams Rich, Carl, Ess, Bris, Freo, Melb

The yellow alternative strip hasn't really taken off. I hardly see anyone wearing it at games either.
If we were going to do that it’d be better to just go navy

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg

Doubt the AFL would let us do that.

Storm20

Been Here A Long Time
Aug 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Melbourne now have their blue or red guernsey.

Don't see why we can't go with the option of our navy, OR red version of our (current clash), especially if it was a vibrant red, gold cuffs/collar/numbers

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Melbourne now have their blue or red guernsey.

Don't see why we can't go with the option of our navy, OR red version of our (current clash), especially if it was a vibrant red, gold cuffs/collar/numbers

A red variant would be pretty cool, as would bringing back the gold one. I don't care if we had one bad quarter in Hobart wearing that gold guernsey, it was still a good clash guernsey.

A red variant would be pretty cool, as would bringing back the gold one. I don't care if we had one bad quarter in Hobart wearing that gold guernsey, it was still a good clash guernsey.

We've got a great set of colours, I have no idea why we settle for white rather than going with red or yellow versions of our clash. We always used to use the "It's an AFL rule" excuse, but that's clearly not the case any more since we're the only team other than GC who uses a white clash when white isn't a team colour.

Never really understood the logic behind not liking a guernsey because we played bad games in it. I've seen some piss poor performances in our home guernsey too but we're not changing that.

Tex Danger

Premiership Player
Mar 20, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
The "its popular with kids because its good for autographs" is another common line used but I dont think its a great reason at all either.

TBH I dont mind the while as long as it stays a traditional type look like the current design. At least hat having our hoops on it gives it a Crows identify rather than some gimmicky design.

If we went to yellow and red versions of a hooped design id have no issue with that either.

Just keep it a design that adults can look at and feel proud to support the team wearing it (and adults wear it and feel like actual men/adults when thy are out there playing AFL games), not a design that looks cool enough for a kid to want to buy it (and then become bored of it and want the next one)

i think GC have dropped the white for the light blue 'smiths crisps' jumper
Oh right. I thought they still had that white and blue one but footyjumpers.com confirms they're now all blue.

So we are now the only team in the whole league who wears a clash guernsey that isn't one of our colours. Awesome. Extra great how half the time they make us wear it, it only clashes more. Wearing white against the Saints and North Melbourne? Perfect teams to wear yellow against (or argue for our home jumper).

Back