News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

I like our white strip in its current form but it sucks when it's used against North, Saints, Collingwood
It's easily our best white guernsey, it's ridiculous who they make us wear it against though. Overall the white actually clashes with more teams than red or yellow.

Teams with white on their guernsey: 10
Other teams with red: 6 (7 if you're generous and include Brisbane's maroon)
Other teams with yellow: 5

My dream has always been the palette swap range though. Navy home, then yellow away and red clash (in the style of our recent yellow clash).

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
I like our white strip in its current form but it sucks when it's used against North, Saints, Collingwood

Bring back the yellow alternative guernsey, look would mint with the current all blue colour.
8509c50f135fadd5c0614733412734a5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
panthers, ukraine & broncos
is that the one from a couple years ago?

It's the AFLW away guernsey and our Indigenous guernsey for the team celebrating our link with the Northern Territory. We were the first team to do an Indigenous guernsey. All other teams have done one now, but they wear them as a once off while we wear it for all our away games and our first GF win. It was designed by Andrew McLeod - https://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-01-31/bunjis-design-revealed

womenindigfullwebsite.jpg

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
It's the AFLW away guernsey and our Indigenous guernsey for the team celebrating our link with the Northern Territory. We were the first team to do an Indigenous guernsey. All other teams have done one now, but they wear them as a once off while we wear it for all our away games and our first GF win. It was designed by Andrew McLeod - https://www.afc.com.au/news/2017-01-31/bunjis-design-revealed

that was the one i saw aswell, i do like that, we do them well, but when Andrew Mcleod is involved, it will look good

jo172

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 23, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
San Antonio, Redbacks

Normy really doesn't age.

Looks like he'd still be good for 30 on a HBF.

Dec 4, 2014
Top End of Aussie
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

I love that. I bought it when they first came out
Sadly I’ve put on a bit of weight
It’s extra tight fitting now :(

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I love that. I bought it when they first came out
Sadly I’ve put on a bit of weight
It’s extra tight fitting now :(

I got mine after the first season so it has the nice gold AFL logo indicating we are the reigning premiers. Cotton On aren't very generous about their sizing.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
I got mine after the first season so it has the nice gold AFL logo indicating we are the reigning premiers. Cotton On aren't very generous about their sizing.

Cotton On are notorious for having undersized clothes for the general clothing, let alone their 'sport' apparel. No surprise really, as I believe they're an offshoot of Supre.

Frankly, I'd love for the AFL to use a proper sporting apparel supplier for the AFLW rather than some cheap fashion store aimed at teenagers (yes, I know Geelong use Cotton On too, but that's their choice). If ISC can do a number of the SANFLW teams, surely they can do our AFLW team.

Feb 3, 2004
in a happy place
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Cotton On are notorious for having undersized clothes for the general clothing, let alone their 'sport' apparel. No surprise really, as I believe they're an offshoot of Supre.

Frankly, I'd love for the AFL to use a proper sporting apparel supplier for the AFLW rather than some cheap fashion store aimed at teenagers (yes, I know Geelong use Cotton On too, but that's their choice). If ISC can do a number of the SANFLW teams, surely they can do our AFLW team.

It's part of trying to redevelop industry in Geelong as they are not looking good in that area. It was lobbying to the government who then lobbied the AFL by taking on most of the costs, so it wouldn't cost the AFL a lot is my understanding of how it went down. If you offered to pay to get exposure for the AFLW, then the AFL thought you were the best option.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
We've never had a bad one and all of them look good up close and from a distance.
What makes our Indigenous jumpers great is that we don't just do token Indegenous art on a jumper that is pretty much just the team jumper design.

It is pretty much a clean slate uninhibited by the design of the club jumper.

Having said that it is always identifiable as a Crows a jumper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Our first one was pretty ordinary.. The navy hoops were replaced with black. Every one since has been fantastic though.
As a Crows fan with German heritage I loved it.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Our first one was pretty ordinary.. The navy hoops were replaced with black. Every one since has been fantastic though.
That "Petrenko" jumper where we just replaced blue with black is one of my favourite jumpers we have worn.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Wasn't that a last minute thing though? I don't recall many teams wearing indigenous guernseys that year. Felt an easy compromise since we didn't have time to actually design anything.

Back