News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought the saints and essendon ones look the best from the photos.

The best view is how they actually look on the field, froggy, which is where I think our designs have worked so very well. Look great up close and look great on the field as a footy jumper.

Which is what a lot of traditional contemporary indigenous art is, quite busy up close.
The "dot" style work people associate with aboriginal art is quite modern. I think it originated in the early 70's. The symbols and some of the stories go back "forever"

The "dot" style work people associate with aboriginal art is quite modern. I think it originated in the early 70's. The symbols and some of the stories go back "forever"
Sounds like Port Adelaide

Considering the 70's were close to 50 years ago :eek: I think the 'traditional' part can kinda stand if you are talking art movements. ;)

For the longest lived culture in the world though, it's a drop in the bucket.

Our first one was pretty ordinary.. The navy hoops were replaced with black. Every one since has been fantastic though.
Depends on the context
As an indigenous guernsey it’s quite lazy and probably the worst from that perspective
As a guernsey, the black looked better to the point I wanted us to change blue to black as its out best guernsey ever full stop.

Depends on the context
As an indigenous guernsey it’s quite lazy and probably the worst from that perspective
As a guernsey, the black looked better to the point I wanted us to change blue to black as its out best guernsey ever full stop.
Love it. Have two of them. One I wear and one still in the packet.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Depends on the context
Yeah I felt changing the blue to black could have been a symbolic way to show we are no longer controlled by the SANFL and represent them in the AFL. Could have made that change once the licence changed hands.

Love that jumper.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised that we go and specifically request the indigenous round game (likely as Port request and are guaranteed the ANZAC round game), this is our marquee game I guess, we get it Foxtel on a Saturday twilight, awesome...

But then West Coast won't even be wearing an indigenous jumper in the indigenous round because they couldn't be bothered designing one that doesn't clash with our colours...

Not surprised that we go and specifically request the indigenous round game (likely as Port request and are guaranteed the ANZAC round game), this is our marquee game I guess, we get it Foxtel on a Saturday twilight, awesome...

But then West Coast won't even be wearing an indigenous jumper in the indigenous round because they couldn't be bothered designing one that doesn't clash with our colours...

A bit like how we 'forgot' to bring our indigenous guernsey's to the Melbourne game in Alice Springs last year that kicked off the Sir Doug Nicholls round celebrations (mind you, I sorta wish I could just 'forget' about that game too).

A bit like how we 'forgot' to bring our indigenous guernsey's to the Melbourne game in Alice Springs last year that kicked off the Sir Doug Nicholls round celebrations (mind you, I sorta wish I could just 'forget' about that game too).

Is there a story that I've missed here? That was the week before wasn't it? Doesn't even look like it was the last game of the round.

Anyway, surely the AFL can work with the clubs to make sure everyone can wear the right jumper in the actual round, rather than everyone just designing a home jumper and picking a home game close enough to the actual round to wear it.

Anyway I suppose this is more of, if we're using one of our limited fixture requests to secure a home game in this round, and we keep getting games like West Coast who aren't bothering to put in any effort on a Saturday Twilight on Foxtel, or like last year GWS on Sunday Twilight on Foxtel, if we're not locking in a Thursday or Friday night on Seven with an hour lead-in and national exposure, use the request on something else and if we don't happen to get the home game do it the week before or after like many of the other teams are doing.

Last edited:
I thought we were effectively begging and the afl went. Nah, too much of a clash.
Hence why I say yellow based guernsey sometime.

Is there a story that I've missed here? That was the week before wasn't it? Doesn't even look like it was the last game of the round.

Anyway, surely the AFL can work with the clubs to make sure everyone can wear the right jumper in the actual round, rather than everyone just designing a home jumper and picking a home game close enough to the actual round to wear it.

Anyway I suppose this is more of, if we're using one of our limited fixture requests to secure a home game in this round, and we keep getting games like West Coast who aren't bothering to put in any effort on a Saturday Twilight on Foxtel, or like last year GWS on Sunday Twilight on Foxtel, if we're not locking in a Thursday or Friday night on Seven with an hour lead-in and national exposure, use the request on something else and if we don't happen to get the home game do it the week before or after like many of the other teams are doing.

I thought we were effectively begging and the afl went. Nah, too much of a clash.
Hence why I say yellow based guernsey sometime.

The story I heard was the club was asked what they were doing for the game and the club's response was, 'Ohhh s**t'.

The colour clash story is a convenient excuse as it would've been 2 dark guernseys, but we all know how rubbery the AFL are with clashes :D

The story I heard was the club was asked what they were doing for the game and the club's response was, 'Ohhh ****'.

The colour clash story is a convenient excuse as it would've been 2 dark guernseys, but we all know how rubbery the AFL are with clashes :D

Makes sense. Also makes sense that if we see the round as our big game for the year we wouldn't want to debut the jumper a week early at a Melbourne home game.

Sounds like we should have done a home and away version a bit like I think Freo have done.

The story I heard was the club was asked what they were doing for the game and the club's response was, 'Ohhh ****'.

A home and clash indigenous jumper per club would be perfect if the AFL’s spreading the Sir Doug Nicholls round over two weeks.

Also, West Coast should wear their clash jumper EVERY TIME they play us at Adelaide Oval.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

How are all these Merch comp going bust?

Fans want Nike and Adidas anyway.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

How are all these Merch comp going bust?

Fans want Nike and Adidas anyway.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Overpriced and over produced

Its ok for the collector as they will fork out the money but for the casual fan the opportunity to purchase a new jumper EVERY year is sometimes just that one step too far after paying $400 for a membership etc. If you go to the footy you can choose to go hungry and thirsty or buy a jumper

Beanies at $35?? Polos at $85.

Pass, I will wait for the lady from the Op Shop to bring me stuff home for free

Remove this Banner Ad

Back