News Crows guernseys/apparel discussion and news

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
From FJGD board
Will probably be like this one they tried to vote in last time.

images (1).jpeg

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Correct. The only change I'd accept is using the SANFL gurernsey in the AFL

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Have heard before we weren't allowed to use that because it's not white enough. AFL want a white base with coloured overlays, not a guernsey that is half white on the bottom and all team colours on the top half.

Ramses Red

Team Captain
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have heard before we weren't allowed to use that because it's not white enough. AFL want a white base with coloured overlays, not a guernsey that is half white on the bottom and all team colours on the top half.
That's sounds like the AFL we know and love. Wouldn't want a clash would we now
Screenshot_20191104-151937_Chrome.jpeg

On SM-A520F using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFC3000

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide

And I think that is great, but it seems like the AFL is moving away from that policy, there were some horrible clashes this year with some of the coloured clashes.

Or having the club with one coloured top wearing shorts that match the opposition's top instead of true dark vs light.

Unless it's rules for some, tradition for others?

I think it's time to just get it right. We've had a white top for a while now, it's fine, others should have to do the same.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
So like the Collingwood away strip...white with black stripes as opposed to the home black with white stripes

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
The yellow was better than the white, in my humble opinion.

On Pixel 3 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I agree, Yellow is one of our colours, white is not.

I also think shorts and socks colours should vary more to solve obvious clashes. Why do we wear our home kit against Sydney but wear away againt Gold coast they are both predominantly red tips with red shorts. Our home kit should be worn against both of them.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
No one likes the yellow because we happened to lose a couple of random games in it that stick in people's mind.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk
Nah .. for me its the shade of yellow. I prefer brighter, deeper yellow Richmond use

I also don't understand why the club can't do another clash strip using red as the primary colour with navy and yellow hoops (who cares if it looks similar to the state jumper

I agree, Yellow is one of our colours, white is not.

I also think shorts and socks colours should vary more to solve obvious clashes. Why do we wear our home kit against Sydney but wear away againt Gold coast they are both predominantly red tips with red shorts. Our home kit should be worn against both of them.

This is the biggest sticking point for me. White isn't a Crows colour.

Here's the full list of clubs that don't have white as a colour but still use white as a clash guernsey base:
Adelaide Crows

Nah .. for me its the shade of yellow. I prefer brighter, deeper yellow Richmond use

I also don't understand why the club can't do another clash strip using red as the primary colour with navy and yellow hoops (who cares if it looks similar to the state jumper

Definitely agree with this too though. West Coast and Richmond have great looking yellows, if we could get a base like that it'd look a lot better imo. Really my dream is the standard home jumper, with our away/clash rotating between the yellow base we had recently and a red version of it.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
This is the biggest sticking point for me. White isn't a Crows colour.

Here's the full list of clubs that don't have white as a colour but still use white as a clash guernsey base:
Adelaide Crows

Definitely agree with this too though. West Coast and Richmond have great looking yellows, if we could get a base like that it'd look a lot better imo. Really my dream is the standard home jumper, with our away/clash rotating between the yellow base we had recently and a red version of it.
Isn't west coast Yellow the same as our yellow? Just ask the for the colour ID # and off we go making a heaps better clash kit.... I also think yellow with white shorts sucks, if we could wear navy shorts and a team with white in their strip wear white shorts it'd look heaps better.

Back