2019 AFC ASIAN CUP SEMI FINALS & FINAL (Now 100% Aussie Free)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your criteria for support is whether they were or were not corrupt campaigners, your pool of national teams to support would be in the single digits.
It is professional sport. The number of nations who are not involved in 'corruption' is precisely zero.

The world operates a certain way. Accept it or lament it. The world won't change either way.

Regardless of that youth academy, the fact that the Qatari team similarly represents an EPL team (Chelsea, Man City) that has barely one player from that nation is pretty corrupted/ineligible. Hardly grounds for a proud footballing history.
Tbh Middle East is filled of the same history. Oil money laced with slavery past.

Meh. Each Asian cup AFC becomes more and more corrupted towards these rich Middle Eastern teams. Sad really. Lack of sporting passion.

BUT Australia needs to learn now of the academy success this team pulled off. Need that here. An academy that alongside proper development since grass roots/junior football. FFA really is indeed a shambles. The quicker Gallop goes, the better.

Absolutely remarkable result, I just cant bring myself to congratulate them.

A side who have never even gone remotely close to winning any major senior trophy goes and does that ?? Wow.

We all had a good laugh when Xavi predicted it. Turns out he was spot on.

Didn't Arsene Wenger also predict Greece winning the Euros?

Absolutely remarkable result, I just cant bring myself to congratulate them.

A side who have never even gone remotely close to winning any major senior trophy goes and does that ?? Wow.

And since I was talking about Greece, if the right mix of players comes through at the right time with the right coach and right tactics, you don't need to have been close before to win a major trophy.

See also: Leicester City.

Didn't Arsene Wenger also predict Greece winning the Euros?

And since I was talking about Greece, if the right mix of players comes through at the right time with the right coach and right tactics, you don't need to have been close before to win a major trophy.

See also: Leicester City.
Not quite the same, but anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we blame corruption for us being so crap? :)
Have to have a period of downturn. Being in the WC three straight times, have to have some sort of downswing.
Qatar makes the WC for the first time ever.. by hosting it. Not corrupted enough

2 Qatari born players on the pitch.. not sure if EPL team or international team? Confused

Have to have a period of downturn. Being in the WC three straight times, have to have some sort of downswing.
Qatar makes the WC for the first time ever.. by hosting it. Not corrupted enough

2 Qatari born players on the pitch.. not sure if EPL team or international team? Confused
4 straight times.

Don't be surprised at all if corruption is involved in Qatar's win. It's pretty much impossible to become a Qatari citizen, even children of slave workers born there don't become citizens. But as soon as you are a promising young footballer all of a sudden they get citizenship along with their family. I wonder what happens to the players they import that turn out s**t?

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia page which in no would could be doctored 8 or 9 of the 11 are Qatari born.

International teams in general are a bit of a joke. If you're first generation French/German but not good enough to make their teams you'll end up playing for some African nation. If you're African born but a gun you'll end up being eligible for France/German. The Boateng brothers don't even represent the same country...

According to the ever reliable Wikipedia page which in no would could be doctored 8 or 9 of the 11 are Qatari born.

International teams in general are a bit of a joke. If you're first generation French/German but not good enough to make their teams you'll end up playing for some African nation. If you're African born but a gun you'll end up being eligible for France/German. The Boateng brothers don't even represent the same country...
Same with the Pogbas. Paul is a star and represents France, Florentin not quite good enough for France so represents Guinea.

That requires foresight. We just wait for them to be ready for national selection then see if they want to play for us.
Only if they have Australian Father/mother with their nationality.
Qatar go to refugees and offer them money to represent them.
It was Brazilians who had a Qatari citizenship before. Now it’s a diverse issue. It’s just like a scout going around and checking them out before offering an academy contract etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back