10pm Sunday

PALESTINE V AUSTRALIA
10pm Friday 11/1

AUSTRALIA V SYRIA
12.30am Wednesday 16/1

SOCCEROOS SQUAD FOR 2019 ASIAN CUP
Goalkeepers:
Mitch Langerak, Mat Ryan, Danny Vukovic
Defence: Mark Milligan (c), Aziz Behich, Milos Degenek, Alex Gersbach, Rhyan Grant, Matt Jurman, Josh Risdon, Trent Sainsbury
Midfield: Mustafa Amini, Jackson Irvine, Massimo Luongo, Jimmy Jeggo, Tom Rogic
Attack: Martin Boyle, Chris Ikonomidis, Robbie Kruse, Mathew Leckie, Awer Mabil, Jamie Maclaren, Andrew Nabbout

Attachments

• 1546327262603.png
    1546327262603.png
    275.5 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
I’ve never been so uninterested in a tournament featuring the Socceroos as this upcoming one. The current squad (apart from one or two players) is so underwhelming in terms of talent that it’s hard to watch.

Having no Mooy doesn’t help the cause either.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Celtic, West Perth, Glory, S'Roos
Channel 10 for FTA I'd assume. Agree that it's really lacking hype. Crap team and the fact it's in the Middle East don't help. Also the fact we hosted it last time and won.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Martin Boyle out with injury.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
That's a way to grow the game.

Oh and now Boyle is out. One of the few players with game time and form.

Sep 24, 2008
MuMuLand
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
I'm sure the sycophantic press led by his drinking buddy Slater won't say boo no matter how awful he is.

I was quite excited for this tournament but injuries have really blunted the anticipation. We don’t exactly have depth, so losing Leckie, Mooy and the very promising Boyle pretty much kills our chances.

Arnold keeps talking about wanting to play a more positive, free flowing style so I hope that at least comes to fruition. Even if we don’t have the class to win it with our injuries, we should hopefully be entertaining to watch.

Huge opportunity for Luongo. Was superb in this tournament in 2015 and somehow didn’t get game time at the World Cup. Needs to step up again here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Semis would be an acceptable result for what's left of the squad.

What I want to see is someone, maybe 2 or 3 guys really stand up and say "We are the ones to carry this team forward", preferably in the front half of the field.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Also, il reserve full judgement on Arnold until after the tournament, but I'm not sold on him. I get the whole develop Aussie coaches mantra, but I think the national team should have the best guy available. There are plenty of good foreign managers out there, most other nations go out and spend big on the best available. We should be doing the same instead of taking this Aussie battler approach.

Probably an unpopular opinion, but theres a difference between the best coach available and the best Australian coach available which seems to be our recent hiring philosophy.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Kruse again ??

As good a lineup as we can put out otherwise

Status
Not open for further replies.