hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
He had his pants pulled down by Isaias after he sooked about not being picked...... I think Arnie was comfortable with that call.

About the only one he got right.

He had his pants pulled down by Isaias after he sooked about not being picked...... I think Arnie was comfortable with that call.

About the only one he got right.

Clearly Ryan is the only one he got right if you're suggesting a bloke shouldn't be picked if he has one bad game.

Oct 1, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NFC AUFC MUFC Socceroos
Sup Arnie. did you lose my number?

Dx1dThfVYAUQ-aY.jpg
There's a reason the guy has had more clubs than golf bag. He's s**t.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
So assuming everyone's fit and firing, what's a current best XI for the Socceroos?

Ryan
Grant - Sainsbury - Degenek??? - Behich???
Rogic - Mooy - Luongo
Leckie - Mabil - Ikonomidis??

Vukovic
Federici
Jurman
Wright
Risdon
Goodwin
Milligan
Arzani
??????
McLaren
Boyle

This is worst depth we've had in decades. No decent back up keepers, no goals from anywhere, dodgy defence with both CBs horribly out of form. I've included Bailey Wright because I think he's good enough to at least make the squad. Jason Davidson may get a call up if he continues his Glory form. I don't rate Jeggo or Petratos.

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
I’d go:

Ryan
Grant - Sainsbury - Degenek - Behich
Irvine - Mooy - Luongo
Leckie - Rogic - Mabil

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Clearly Ryan is the only one he got right if you're suggesting a bloke shouldn't be picked if he has one bad game.
Goodwin should have been on the plane well before a few guys, Troisi included.

Goodwin should have been on the plane well before a few guys, Troisi included.

How are they comparable? Goodwin is predominantly a winger (who I would've had ahead of Kruse, cos given where our team is at I think we've gone past Kruse). Troisi is the number 10 we needed yesterday morning with Rogic suspended, instead we had Amini as the closest thing to a replacement, but who Arnold clearly didn't have enough faith in.

Troisi would've been the perfect player to have in his current form too.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
How are they comparable? Goodwin is predominantly a winger (who I would've had ahead of Kruse, cos given where our team is at I think we've gone past Kruse). Troisi is the number 10 we needed yesterday morning with Rogic suspended, instead we had Amini as the closest thing to a replacement, but who Arnold clearly didn't have enough faith in.

Troisi would've been the perfect player to have in his current form too.
Troisi isnt capable of doing the heavy lifting we needed yesterday. He gets to play as the 3rd or 4th banana in a gun offence where he gets space and does what he wants. Hes never ever been more than a bit part player for the NT, and would not have helped in the slightest.

The whole phone thing just proves what an arrogant flog he is, 2nd only to Arnie in Australian football.

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

Club Legend
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its not just last night like I said Troisi has been performing exceptionally well all month. I didn't say he wasn't good enough you said that I just made the comparison that others in that squad probably shouldn't have been selected either but did ahead of him.

Troisi can laugh all he wants he's vindicated Arnies poor squad selection with the socceroos being dogshit horrible. irrelevant whether Troisi would have made a difference at this point.
Your words were "Sure Troisi may not be good enough" while I said nothing of the like. If he can add something to the team in future then I hope he gets another opportunity. But ok. All irrelevant really because James and fans like yourself finally get a moment in the sun to celebrate the Socceroos demise

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
Your words were "Sure Troisi may not be good enough" while I said nothing of the like. If he can add something to the team in future then I hope he gets another opportunity. But ok. All irrelevant really because James and fans like yourself finally get a moment in the sun to celebrate the Socceroos demise

cross wires then, I was throwing the “sure Troisi may not be good enough” back at you I certainly didn't mean that I think he wasn’t good enough, I did in brackets followup with I think he should have at least got a call up.

I'm not celebrating the Socceroos demise far from it, through I didn't have high expectations leading in to the Asian Cup to begin with. I'm just stating that Aronald is a flog like every one else can see and the squad we have atm is just pure dogshit!

Last edited:

tryitout

All Australian
Jan 11, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sure about Troisi but I get the Victory fans point of view. We lacked a player who can pick up the ball and run at defense and make things happen. I would say he is the best link up player in the league. Watch all the one-two stuff he does around the box. We could have done with that in Qatar for sure.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Oh I get it, but he does get time and space here. Everyone's worried about the big Swede or Kosta first and foremost.

He had his chance and was largely forgettable.

Oh I get it, but he does get time and space here. Everyone's worried about the big Swede or Kosta first and foremost.

"Forgetable" = a top 5 most memorable moment in Socceroo history?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams

Forgettable? Apart from scoring the winning goal in the last AFC Cup final.:rolleyes:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Like moths to a flame......

Who did all the hard work ?? Oh that's right the other guy who didnt make the squad. Troisi scores a tap in with the keeper on the deck.

Tell me who was the bigger hero in 2005 ?? The guy who saved 2 penalties or the guy who kicked the goal

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
It's always good to suck the Vuck fans in, if he played for anyone else they wouldnt care.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Mate, it's pathetic as **** to say something idiotic and then claim you were just trolling. Just wear it.
Wear what ?? Those are my beliefs.

He doesnt work hard enough, and he isnt a main man. You honestly think he would have made a shred of difference Saturday morning when far better players than him failed to do so ??

Your honour, I present you an idiot.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Like moths to a flame......

Who did all the hard work ?? Oh that's right the other guy who didnt make the squad. Troisi scores a tap in with the keeper on the deck.

Tell me who was the bigger hero in 2005 ?? The guy who saved 2 penalties or the guy who kicked the goal

Still had to be there to score mate, you think it's plain easy just to score a tap in because it looks easy? Look at Troisi's run and anticipation in the lead up.
you're a fool and clearly have never played the game apart from backyard penalty kicks.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Still had to be there to score mate, you think it's plain easy just to score a tap in because it looks easy? Look at Troisi's run and anticipation in the lead up.
you're a fool and clearly have never played the game apart from backyard penalty kicks.
Ok sure champ, anyone on that pitch would have scored that night, but let's pretend hes Leo Messi

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Ok sure champ, anyone on that pitch would have scored that night, but let's pretend hes Leo Messi

Nobody is comparing Troisi to Leo Messi ffs now you're just being a total flog. Besides you are missing the whole point. My arrgument isn't whether Troisi would have made a differance that's irrelevant like I've mentioned in a previous post. Its the fact that Arnold's dire squad selections didn't amount to anything for the Socceroos and it gave Troisi the opportunity to show who's having the last laugh.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Nobody is comparing Troisi to Leo Messi ffs now you're just being a total flog. Besides you are missing the whole point. My arrgument isn't whether Troisi would have made a differance that's irrelevant like I've mentioned in a previous post. Its the fact that Arnold's dire squad elections didn't amount to anything for the Socceroos and it gave Troisi the opportunity to show who's having the last laugh.
I'm not sure hes having the last laugh though is he ?? Hes playing A League being a big fish in a small pond.

He can be as annoyed as he likes, it makes him come across as a bigger flog.

Contrast that with guys like Antonis, Goodwin and Taggart who probably have even more right to feel aggrieved and they've said nothing.

Theres a way to carry yourself, and Mr Troisi hasnt read that manual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back