2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The MCG are predicting 75,000 for Richmond V Collingwood. Now 75K is a great crowd but let's be honest if that game does not reach 80,000 it's a fail.

I know the timeslot is a downer and will cost us a percentage of the turnout that would come on Friday night or Saturday and I know membership emphatically does not indicate attendance but nonetheless this is two huge rivals who have upwards of 200,000 members between them, both G tenants, coming off what was quite frankly an upset win in the PF for the Pies against the minor Prem and flag holding Tigers.

Frankly if Carlton V Richmond can get 85K on a Thursday it will be disappointing if this game cannot come close to that figure. Richmond coming off a hugely high profile win in Round 1 and the Pies trying to stave off a morale sapping back to back defeat. If this is not red meant what is?

Good signs for the football on foxtel with the Monday shows easily dominating the sports programming last night.

This follows 5.223 million view hours for round 1 (up by 8% and about 43% higher than the NRL's 3.662M)

1553557865315.png

I would’ve expected minimum 80,000 to Thursday nights match. 75k seems a bit low, even though it is on a weeknight.

Might be factoring in that buses are replacing trains on many of the train lines going through Richmond for several weeks. Don't think many trains are stopping at Richmond, if any.

No MCG estimate for Hawks V Dogs. Surely 50K? That would break the record between these two clubs.

It says 38,000 on the app. Must be the train work mentioned before

That record will get broken soon though, it's more indicative of us playing Hawks at Tassie and Ethiad all the time.

Good signs for the football on foxtel with the Monday shows easily dominating the sports programming last night.

This follows 5.223 million view hours for round 1 (up by 8% and about 43% higher than the NRL's 3.662M)

View attachment 642183
Good to see one of my favorite footy shows AFL 360 at the top and the copycat NRL 360 at # 16 with less than half the viewers.

Probably not a popular opinion, but that's honestly a pathetic number for two massive clubs.
There are track works on a couple of key lines on Thursday night. Will be an even greater issue for a few weeks in April with even more lines out of action

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Find it interesting that our game against West Coast was on the main channel in Queensland and 7mate in WA

Apparently the football has been shifted to 7 mate for all news overlapping games in WA

I presume they are all still on HD though

Dunno, I watch Fox.

Does 7mate actually have an HD channel? If so, then I presume it's on that.

No, but the game can be on 7 mate as well as the 70hd channel. At least I've seen that in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back