2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The NRL are light years behind GWS and the Suns and Lions when it comes to cover ups.
How GWS can post crowds of 12,000 when the ground is only a 1/4 full is beyond any intelligent fan, but no doubt you believe it as you seem very credulous and will trot out the old chestnut about the crowd being on the camera side due to the heat of the sun in August LOL.
Time for you to wake up and smell the coffee and get in the real world, but i know you will reply with some asinine comment about how hot the Sun can be in Sydney in August and at Giants home games LOL.
It's actually common for as many as 3 quarters of the crowd to be in one stand, and for the commentators and cameras to be in the se stand. The smaller the ground and the smaller the crowd, the more it's true.

Country footy can see 90% of the crowd in 1 spot.

It's an issue that had bedeviled AFLW, with cameras showing banks empty of supporters at games with 5000. Everyone is in the shade in the stand that has the facilities, (and the cameras).

It's not a hard concept to grasp, and it affects all sports.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

It's actually common for as many as 3 quarters of the crowd to be in one stand, and for the commentators and cameras to be in the se stand. The smaller the ground and the smaller the crowd, the more it's true.

It's an issue that had bedeviled AFLW, with cameras showing banks empty of supporters at games with 5000. Everyone is in the shade in the stand that has the facilities, (and the cameras).

Aussie in exile this is true. As a RFC fan I went to GWS games while living in Sydney, and most people sit on the camera side of the ground. I used to sit behind goals, so you could see the contrast vividly

Also similar in Metricon. People don't like to sit directly looking into the sun for 3 hours (surprise surprise). Problem is, you also don't want the camera looking directly into the sun.

This will have an effect on Foxtels ratings if they have lost over 100,000 subscribers.They need to gaining subscribers not losing them to be viable.

Very telling that Telstra were not willing to pump any money in!

News Corp reported a $US23 million ($32 million) profit for the March quarter, on revenues of $US2.6 billion. Yet the results revealed Foxtel lost about 100,000 subscribers from its traditional pay TV product over that period.
Foxtel has in recent months has been looking to raise billions of dollars in debt, according to market sources, to refinance existing loans and also deepen its push into online streaming.

There has been intense market and industry speculation about whether Foxtel can successfully raise these funds from banks and debt investors on attractive terms.
Ms Panuccio said News Corp continued to look at "numerous options to provide Foxtel with more financial flexibility and an optimal capital structure" during the analyst call.
"To that end, we have contributed $300 million via shareholder loans, which cover the repayment of April maturities," she said.

The pay TV company said earlier this year it has total borrowings of $US1.68 billion. It had a $US211 million credit facility that expired on April 7, and $US744 million in debt falling due this year.

Two low 20s crowds hasn’t been a great advertisement for Mother’s Day matches (at least in Melbourne).
Would be fairly expected I would think. Both matches are probably low 30's usually and a 30% drop is about normal for Melbourne based mothers day matches.

No one wants to go the football on Mother's day.

Also similar in Metricon. People don't like to sit directly looking into the sun for 3 hours (surprise surprise). Problem is, you also don't want the camera looking directly into the sun.
Nor do people at metricon want to pay $50-60 to sit in those seats on outer wing

Soccer looks even worse on TV at spotless. Sometimes you literally struggle to find people in the grandstands because of where they are seated.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Horrible crowd today at the G. Hawthorn’s second ever lowest home crowd at the MCG in their history.

Hawthorn most fickle fans in the competition. Even more so then Richmond
Nice one DH. Bay --------->

For the record Pies drew about 17k less v.'s Carlton than Richmond. And we're sh*thouse this year.

Hawthorn most fickle fans in the competition. Even more so then Richmond

This is what shits me about the commentary about footy in QLD. People love to sink the boot in about “fickle supporters” etc

The crowds (although I’d admit Metricon was a bit disappointing yesterday) have held up pretty well in bris and the GC when you consider the actual size of the market and how crap both sides have been in the past 10 years.

You look at the hawks with 70-80 k membership and a 14 k crowd. That would be like getting 3k at Metricon or 6k at the Gabba v the Giants. And hawthorn are still pretty competitive as we saw today

Horrible crowd today at the G. Hawthorn’s second ever lowest home crowd at the MCG in their history.

Hawthorn's 2nd lowest MCG crowd of any sort since 1953.

When you add in the Roos/Cats crowd was their lowest ever at Docklands by well over 5k, I think it's safe to say the AFL will be seriously regretting their scheduling today and ensuring there's only two matches on Mother's day (one in Melbourne max) in future.

Now that’s a poor crowd, even allowing for Mother’s Day. I always thought they were reaching with the prediction of 25k, but that is very bad.

Remember the hawks have one of (if not the) highest ratio of junior members in the league. Just speculating, but I reckon that makes them more vulnerable to the lunch with mum factor because so many of their members would be families who go together

Whoever gets mums day will be shafted no matter what, but I'd definitely avoid teams with high ratios of junior membership

Remember the hawks have one of (if not the) highest ratio of junior members in the league. Just speculating, but I reckon that makes them more vulnerable to the lunch with mum factor because so many of their members would be families who go together

Whoever gets mums day will be shafted no matter what, but I'd definitely avoid teams with high ratios of junior membership

That's because a family ticket comes with 4 junior memberships while every other club give 2. There is a reason the Hawks play 4 home games in Tassie.

That's because a family ticket comes with 4 junior memberships while every other club give 2. There is a reason the Hawks play 4 home games in Tassie.

This has been confirmed as 100% wrong

They only count the number of barcodes issued, and you need a name and contact info for each barcode

They have a lot of kids because the club worked hard generating that junior support during their era of success

This has been confirmed as 100% wrong

They only count the number of barcodes issued, and you need a name and contact info for each barcode

They have a lot of kids because the club worked hard generating that junior support during their era of success

Where did they get these kids from, never never land?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back