2019 AFL Crowds & Ratings Thread

I do remember you said you would be mortified if Collingwood got 37K like tiges got last week v dees.

Given I described it above as one of the worst Collingwood crowds I’ve seen I reckon I’m staying true to my word.

Sep 17, 2004
Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
but is the best represented in the MCC members

Correct, and that accounts for what, 24,000 seats?

In terms of representation in the MCC I understand Hawthorn and Geelong sit 5th and 6th based on the MCC surveys on your website?

Nonetheless they are almost non existent in the AFL members which represents 18,000 seats for a week 1-3 final.

And then for the Geelong game you have series tickets etc

My point is you can’t draw many conclusions from one off finals series otherwise the Dogs (who drew 88,000 to a 2016 SF) would also have a huge latent base

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Given I described it above as one of the worst Collingwood crowds I’ve seen I reckon I’m staying true to my word.

You know it happens to all clubs no one is immune but the thing is many like to dig the boots in, ive noticed if my tiges have a bad or sub-par crowd.

Anyway 40K+ next week v crows or you think more and 80K v Ess to round it off in RD23

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
You know it happens to all clubs no one is immune but the thing is many like to dig the boots in, ive noticed if my tiges have a bad or sub-par crowd.

Anyway 40K+ next week v crows or you think more and 80K v Ess to round it off in RD23
If Essendon lose tonight and next week it won’t be 80,000 in round 23. Essendon are now hobbling to the end of the year it seems.

AstuteTiger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If Essendon lose tonight and next week it won’t be 80,000 in round 23. Essendon are now hobbling to the end of the year it seems.

Your injuries have caught up but even if you lose tonight and next week V Freo over there, that last game will still see bombers fighting to stay in the 8 V the pies and the pies trying to get into the top 4. Last home and away game i think upwards of 80K, cant see it dipping below 75k to much riding on it for both clubs...

Our Game

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2014
Sandringham
AFL Club
Geelong
With tomorrows forecast not much better than todays I dont think the Tigers V Carlton crowd will be anything to write home about?40,000 maybe.

EyeloveRichmond

Team Captain
Mar 16, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Yes and no. Both crowds were poor. However I will give today’s shocker some slack. The forecast all week was for between 4-10mm rain and this a day after only reaching 10c and storms. This morning’s heavy rain a reinforcement of the shocking day ahead. So I believe the terrible forecast lead into into today’s crowd meant it would be more greatly impacted by poor weather than last Saturday nights Tigers crowd.,

It was forecast for a wet, cold night last Saturday also. Saturday day timeslot definitely alot more crowd friendly also, parents much less likely to bring their kids to night games compared to day games, especially cold, wet nights.

Agree both bad, day games normally get more than a Sat night, so it makes today's attendance of 31K even worse.
I do remember you said you would be mortified if Collingwood got 37K like tiges got last week v dees.

manicmagpie is a straight shooter here, he's not one of the fanboi's that simply cheerleads their club on this thread

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
What would be a pass mark tomorrow afternoon. 50K?

dave10

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Very sparse. Essendon’s members seems to be most sparse for night matches.
Yes. Though I think the cold conditions exacerbated the sparseness tonight. Last Saturday afternoon these seating bays were much more crowdered. Possibly injuries making it a bit easier for members to stay home tonight.

Defabs

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A couple of weeks ago, when the Round 23 fixture was finalised, the biggest Collingwood Essendon return fixture since 2003 looked to be a monty.

However, an Essendon loss to Freo next week, will make the Friday night game as relevant as Collingwood Hawthorn in 2014 when Collingwood not only needed to win but needed Richmond to lose to make the finals. Only 45K showed up at that game.

Defabs

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
A couple of weeks ago, when the Round 23 fixture was finalised, the biggest Collingwood Essendon return fixture since 2003 looked to be a monty.

However, an Essendon loss to Freo next week, will make the Friday night game as relevant as Collingwood Hawthorn in 2014 when Collingwood not only needed to win but needed Richmond to lose to make the finals. Only 45K showed up at that game.

Mar 4, 2009
kanamaluka
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Hurricanes

Yes - very typical for the EFC. It’s why the return game against Collingwood, Richmond and Carlton has typically drawn poorly. Collingwood home game though, so that will help.

Back