Competitions 2019 AFL Draft Closest to the Pin..... Can you do a Wellsy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
I just want us to get the best young Ruckman, Luke Jackson is all the talk but will he be there at 14?

If he is gone then I hope we go for Nick Bryan at 36

As WE NEED To develop a kid who is a ruck from the draft

I just want us to get the best young Ruckman, Luke Jackson is all the talk but will he be there at 14?

If he is gone then I hope we go for Nick Bryan at 36

As WE NEED To develop a kid who is a ruck from the draft

We will have to trade inside 10 for Jackson to be there for us imo.

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Premise is simple:

1 - fill in the offseason time with pointless competition for bragging rights.

2 - Can you pull a Wellsy and pick our 4 NAB AFL draft seelctions.

Pick 14
Pick 17
Pick 24
Pick 36

In honour of catempire, all selections must be BOLDED AND CAPITALS.

Please use above format.

Clearly we cant predict any pick trades so just do your best.

This is for predictions ONLY. There is a thread for discussion of the prospects.

Go Catters

Daz .

I have seen a few multiple names being selected ... are we trying to nail the names that we actually do pick or is it just a wish thread?

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Not knowing the mind of Wells l would be picking these guys first up if l were he.
So it's a bit of both l suppose.

Thats sort of the point to be a little bit inside wells head to be closest to the pin... I do agree thats a very difficult , almost impossible task till maybe a day or so out when info leaks...like it did with Cockatoo... Even more complicated is the in draft trading that could make a lot of the guess redundant if we trade up.
If we do trade up to 6 or 8 or 10 ... I think it would be more for Jackson than Gould. Probably neither imo. Been a long time since we drafted a ruck that early. Gould looks like he maybe be there late teens or in the 20's .. ..although if Port want to add a bit of bit to the talent they got last year ..it would be a reasonable pick at 12 or 18 ..imo. Sometimes you go early if you feel the player will not be there for you later.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Thats sort of the point to be a little bit inside wells head to be closest to the pin... I do agree thats a very difficult , almost impossible task till maybe a day or so out when info leaks...like it did with Cockatoo... Even more complicated is the in draft trading that could make a lot of the guess redundant if we trade up.
If we do trade up to 6 or 8 or 10 ... I think it would be more for Jackson than Gould. Probably neither imo. Been a long time since we drafted a ruck that early. Gould looks like he maybe be there late teens or in the 20's .. ..although if Port want to add a bit of bit to the talent they got last year ..it would be a reasonable pick at 12 or 18 ..imo. Sometimes you go early if you feel the player will not be there for you later.

Gould there till the 20's is the biggest load of rubbish l've heard.
19 schoolboy footballers better than Gould lol!
Anyway we'll soon see but l don't get the fear of taking Jackson he could play key postions or ruck.
We've stuffed up our first pick so often maybe he's a safe bet being named as best tall in the draft.
At least we'd be getting value for P14.

Daz .

I have seen a few multiple names being selected ... are we trying to nail the names that we actually do pick or is it just a wish thread?
The premise was to pick the same as Wells ... but I’ve not been patrolling it too hard tbh - but only 4 picks with bold and capitals will be allowed the glory of getting it right .

Go Catters

Not knowing the mind of Wells l would be picking these guys first up if l were he.
So it's a bit of both l suppose.
Everyone seems to be of the opinion that Wellsy gets it wrong and they could do better ..

So know we know the picks available.. get closest to the pin if you can..

Go Catters

Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Anyway we'll soon see but l don't get the fear of taking Jackson he could play key postions or ruck.
We've stuffed up our first pick so often maybe he's a safe bet being named as best tall in the draft.

Settle down with your responses... we all have opinions.... people who are paid for their opinion have him at 20 atm....
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-23/cal-twomeys-2019-phantom-form-guide-october-update

Every year player slide and others go earlier than thought pre draft.. its not proof of quality ..its more about what the clubs like.

Its been a long time since we have taken a ruck with a pick as early as 14. Its not about fear its simply a fact..

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Settle down with your responses... we all have opinions.... people who are paid for their opinion have him at 20 atm....
https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-23/cal-twomeys-2019-phantom-form-guide-october-update

Every year player slide and others go earlier than thought pre draft.. its not proof of quality ..its more about what the clubs like.

Its been a long time since we have taken a ruck with a pick as early as 14. Its not about fear its simply a fact..

Fear of a different approach l reckon with Jackson , and anyone who thinks Gould’s 20 something is either anti or has no idea.
I think we're all entitled to our opinions, not just you but me as well.

Gould will likely get to at least 15 and probably 20.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Wells goes to form, he'll take Kemp...injured...off an ACL...wont play much at all next year....clearly a quality player...fills a need....

Hence, that's why I have Wells taking him first up....

Warhorse

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
If Wells goes to form, he'll take Kemp...injured...off an ACL...wont play much at all next year....clearly a quality player...fills a need....

Hence, that's why I have Wells taking him first up....
Good logic. Just think he will be gone before our pick

Anywhere outside of the first round and he's the deal of the century.
Why am l getting that feeling of Worpel revisited here.

Time will tell but id bet he goes that late.

I'll be hoping we get him with our P17 then. He'll play round 1 another Clark.

Our defence is too stacked as it is imo but we can agree to disagree on that.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
O' Connor Blicavs Bews
Gould Kolo Stewart
Clark

Gould can swap with O Connor or Kolo or switch with Stewart.
Clark plays wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back