Competitions 2019 AFL Draft Closest to the Pin..... Can you do a Wellsy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
Ok for the super active , Wells go's Crazy Vossy draft ......

Geelong and Freo do two in draft trades ....
Before a bid happens on Henry ... Cats and Dockers trade P10 <> WCFR1 + GCFR3
Geelong then bid on Henry .. Dockers match with P21 and P25 .. and leaves them something like P35

P11 .. Brodie Kemp

Geelong now make another trade with Freo .... P17+FR2 <> MelFR2 + FreoFR2

P15.. Cooper Stephens

P26.. Mitch Georgiades

P38.. Flynn Perez

It would mean we have drafted two guys coming off knee reco's , one coming off a broken leg and and other coming off quad that kept him out all year
Bring on a summer of melts ...

.....but in a normal universe the standard picks more likely to be ..

P14 MILES BERGMAN

P17 COOPER STEPHENS

P24 SAM DE KONING

P36 NICK BRYAN

Logic;...... The group of players gives us a spread of types .... Bergman the medium forward/mid ;very good vertical .. cs the inside mid we take him early before someone else grabs him his combine brought him into R1 range again ... sdk the long term KPD replacement for Henderson , Bryan a long term replacement for Smith ..

I think I will now tweak my prediction now to blend the two lists with the chance Kemp will slip thru and Bergman probably being taken before our pick and I suspect we take a ruck in the rookie ...

P14 .. BRODIE KEMP

P17.. JAY RANTALL

P24.. HARRISON JONES

P36.. SAM PHILP
(... but its anyones guess here ..Darcy Chirgwin for example or Perez as perviously mentioned)

Mar 27, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I think I will now tweak my prediction now to blend the two lists with the chance Kemp will slip thru and Bergman probably being taken before our pick and I suspect we take a ruck in the rookie ...

P14 .. BRODIE KEMP

P17.. JAY RANTALL

P24.. HARRISON JONES

P36.. SAM PHILP
(... but its anyones guess here ..Darcy Chirgwin for example or Perez as perviously mentioned)

Think you are right about Kemp now. Reckon Robertson will either go before our first or that Wells has Kemp higher than Robertson regardless.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
14 - Robertson or Kemp. Won't be anything else.
17 - Gould
24 - Sharp
36 - Taheny or Georgiades
* Rookie a ruck.
Lol, we had all those options at 14 and 17. And likely 24 and 36 too. But probably none will come in.
I have a funny feeling that Wells might select Sharp given he is a WA boy and paired nicely last year at the Champs with Clark.
Then if Taheny is available at 36, I can see us pulling the trigger there as he is mates with Kennerley and Jarvis.

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Lol, we had all those options at 14 and 17. And likely 24 and 36 too. But probably none will come in.
I have a funny feeling that Wells might select Sharp given he is a WA boy and paired nicely last year at the Champs with Clark.
Then if Taheny is available at 36, I can see us pulling the trigger there as he is mates with Kennerley and Jarvis.
These additional reasons for selecting Sharp/Taheny are those intangibles that build strong consistent lists that stay together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back