2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

How did that happen?
It's hard to say ... I've had a renewed interest this season, and felt a need to adopt a new team, and the plight of the Browns resonated with me. This was also at the start of the season, before the 49ers D bashed the confidence right out of the offence and anything resembling scoring dried up.

It's hard to say ... I've had a renewed interest this season, and felt a need to adopt a new team, and the plight of the Browns resonated with me. This was also at the start of the season, before the 49ers D bashed the confidence right out of the offence and anything resembling scoring dried up.
Next 3 are huge, steelers twice and Miami, get to 6 and 6 and the Seasons back on and will be 3 from 3 in the division

Next 3 are huge, steelers twice and Miami, get to 6 and 6 and the Seasons back on and will be 3 from 3 in the division

If you win all 3 of those you will go close to playoffs. Should beat Bengals x 2 and Arizona is winnable.

Expect Bills to claim a wild card spot but Chargers and Raiders could both stall in a tough division and the Colts are flakey.

If you win all 3 of those you will go close to playoffs. Should beat Bengals x 2 and Arizona is winnable.

Expect Bills to claim a wild card spot but Chargers and Raiders could both stall in a tough division and the Colts are flakey.
Win 6 of the next 7 and would be unlikely to miss especially if they end up 5 and 1 in the division but as you say AFC is wide open after results last weekend

If they cant beat the bengals theb they dont deserve to make the playoffs.

Win 6 of the next 7 and would be unlikely to miss especially if they end up 5 and 1 in the division but as you say AFC is wide open after results last weekend

Yeah still a bit to play out! But at least given yourself a chance.

Win 6 of the next 7 and finish up 9-7. Divisional wins only matter for tie breakers within your own division.

Assuming Ravens win your division. All but one of the following things would have to happen for the Browns to make the playoffs:

Steelers go 4 - 3 (or worse) and finish 9-7 (Browns win on divisional tie breaker)
Bills go 3 - 4 (or worse) and finish 9 -7 (Browns win on head to head tie breaker)
Oakland go 3 - 4 (or less) finishing 8 - 8 (Oakland currently ahead in conference tie breaker)
Chargers go 5 - 2 (or worse) and finish 9-7 (Browns currently ahead in conference tie breaker)
Colts go 4 - 3 (or worse) and finish 9 -7 (Browns win on head to head tie breaker)

If one of these teams play better they will be wild card 1 and Browns wild card 2.

If two play better than above then Browns need to win out from here and go 7 - 0

(Log in to remove this ad.)

is taking Pickett at 8 too much of a stretch? Im warming to the idea of him.

This goes back to whether 15 & 20 (GC) for 8 is fair. If we have people in mind for the picks, and we think that they'll get that far, then I couldn't care less whether we 'win' the trade based on points value. Geelong have indicated that they want to use both 14 & 17, but Fremantle's 10 and 22 is intriguing as well, as they don't want to match a bid on Henry with their first.

Maybe we could work something like 3 for 6 and GWS first next year, then trade 6 and 8 for Freo's 7, 10 and 22. Hope from Kemp, Gould and Pickett.

Although I would really like Young.

Kemp is a Geelong boy yeah? i reckon if he gets through to 8 Geelong will want to do the deal for 14 and 17. Not sure which id rather but the latter hopefully gets us a small forwards in Pickett or Weightman and whoever else slides

Matthew Lloyd thinks if we take Young and Jackson we could finish top 4 next year. At least someone has delusions of our succcess.
Yeah there's one thing 18 year old draftees are known for and that's dragging sides from 17th to top 4

Matthew Lloyd thinks if we take Young and Jackson we could finish top 4 next year. At least someone has delusions of our succcess.

At least you'd get your beer for free.

Young looks like one hell of a player to me. Perfect get for Melbourne.
Jackson also makes sense even if an immediate pay-off may not be there.
Surprised though that Serong doesn't seem to be in the picture, but I guess you can't get them all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back