2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

I am now totally confused, why? Surely Young is the optimal choice at #3. Maybe Jackson later, if?
You would think so, wouldn't you? Turns out Young killed King Duncan of Scotland and has been on a downward spiral of increasingly treacherous crimes and guilt-induced episodes of paranoia since, so we've had to pivot. Certainly not optimal.

I am now totally confused, why? Surely Young is the optimal choice at #3. Maybe Jackson later, if?
I have to agree, my concern is he is raw and thats doesnt scream pick me at 3.

I really hope we dont take him, you would think we would be all over young as a premier ball user.

Could be very much proven wrong and only time will tell but I’d prefer Jackson to Young, admittedly on the limited vision I’ve seen. I worry Young could end up a Grant Birchall type player who is obviously very good but not a star and Jackson could end up a Naitanui/Grundy type player who is a rare talent that’s very hard to find.

If we got Jackson and then a Kemp/Serong/Ash I’d be very happy after draft night. Won’t be surprised at all though if we split 8 with Port, GC or Geelong etc.

Wishlist for 8:

0. ideally we fold andthe misery ends
1. Jackson (if we take someone else at 3)
2. Young (if we take someone else at 3)
3. Kemp
4. Ash
5. Henry
6. Serong
7. Flanders
8. Robertson

Last edited:
Even Knightmare thinks we are going with Jackson at #3

Knightmare had Brisbane taking Dow at 1, 2 weeks before the 2017 draft.

What a roller coaster this thread is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It seems a fair few are rating Jackson on the top few now. I’ll back JT in. And I’ll assume Jackson will be a very good forward given we have Gawn. Personally Young is who I think fits us better at 3.

Raw undersized ruck project who kicks mongrel end over end punts at pick 3.

Only Melbourne would do this.
If only we had a top 6 draft pick last year, from memory there was a 200cm plus forward taken in that spot who can pinch hit in the ruck and is a Victorian, appears that’s exactly the type of player the club needs.

As you say taking this kid does have MFC written all over it, hopefully just media speculation

If only we had a top 6 draft pick last year, from memory there was a 200cm plus forward taken in that spot who can pinch hit in the ruck and is a Victorian, appears that’s exactly the type of player the club needs.

As you say taking this kid does have MFC written all over it, hopefully just media speculation
12 month sook fest nearly. Carry on into next year I believe in you 😭

fu** i hope now that GWS have done the trade with Adelaide that we bid on Green still and fu** em over

We have to bid on Green now.

Watch us take Jackson and GWS end up with Young and Green followed by 5 years of premierships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back