2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

So, you’re saying Jackson is going to be a ‘beast of a ruckman/forward/inside mid’? Will he help us win a flag over the next four years?
You think Bianco and Young would have won us a flag? Cause thats what you are implying cause i said * all about winning a flag

We've almost covered everything with our three picks. General defender in Rivers, small forward in Pickett and ruck/key forward/wingman/inside mid in Jackson. Soon we'll have bench in Bennell and Brown

This Sarah Olle bird must get paid based on how many times she can get draftees to say "excited", "stoked", "unbelievable", etc.
I can't imagine a more uninteresting group of interview subjects than players who have literally just been drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't imagine a more uninteresting group of interview subjects than players who have literally just been drafted.

Yep, particularly with such probing questions as "How does it feel to be going to [Club X]?" or "It must be such a relief to have your name called out, what are you feeling right now?", then following up with asking which AFL players they've been speaking to and how many selfies they put on their Instagram account.

In all seriousness, nice work. Went early on all three picks.
Bit like spoiling the end of a good movie though before others have seen it!

It is a worry though that our picks were so telegraphed. Early ones I’m not as worried about because others right behind us apparently would have nabbed Jackson and Pickett so it made no difference, but not sure why we wouldn’t keep the Rivers choice closer to our chest? We can’t know that 15 other teams weren’t keen on him before our pick?

Bit like spoiling the end of a good movie though before others have seen it!

It is a worry though that our picks were so telegraphed. Early ones I’m not as worried about because others right behind us apparently would have nabbed Jackson and Pickett so it made no difference, but not sure why we wouldn’t keep the Rivers choice closer to our chest? We can’t know that 15 other teams weren’t keen on him before our pick?
It's not a leak with our recruiting staff.

Their girlfriends.

Parents up there as well. Very surprised most of them were proud. Also good to know that some of them can cook and clean their rooms.

It was the PSD and Rookie Draft today and we did nothing/ passed. Why? Just curious.
Weren't we planning on drafting Bennell/Brown?

Think we can pick them up later on. Gives other people an opportunity to grab them as well, but also keeps the carrot dangled in front of them so you can see why we'd leave it as late as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back