2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Or maybe just maybe the people who get ******* paid to do the job have gone you know what there isnt much out there, we need a forward for coverage with only TMac then all developing forwards. How great would another year be if TMac and Weid were under done/injured again. People banging on about Petty i dont see it bloke cant kick straight. Id rather take Brown over some hit and hope bullshit you are talking about. Brown would/is our second best forward as of now. Mr 25 in the rookie would be 15 deep in the midfield
Finished 17th last year and have made finals once since 06 I admire your confidence in the paid professionals running the MFC, the same paid professionals that have left us with tmac and weid as our only legitimate KPF options and have now given us Brown, as you say our second best forward a bloke who has played 70 games in 10 years and been delisted twice, you might have a case if the paid professionals were the ones running Richmond, interesting to note who the KPF was they added last year and who they added in the rookie draft, a bloke the paid professionals at 17 other clubs didn’t want

Mate last year we had the following u/19 aged players come in:
Chandler
Sparrow
Jordan
Nietschke
Bedford
Dunkley

Of 44 players on a list during a season that's about 1/7th.

We also picked 2 blokes aged 22 in hore and Lockhart.

The season before we grabbed the following who are all u/21 still:
Petty
Spargo
Baker
Lever
Bradke

That's 10 players, plus the recent 3 at 18 in Jackson, rivers and Pickett- 14 of our current 43 listed players are under 21.

Do you want a ******* football team or a boy band?
So a third of the list is 21 or under in a league where the average age is about 24 profound stuff, pretty much mirrored across the league and hardly surprising considering the vast majority of players enter the league as 18 year olds, hope you didn’t spend to much time on this insightful run down.

Take That for me, Gary Barlow is a genius, * Robbie Williams

Finished 17th last year and have made finals once since 06 I admire your confidence in the paid professionals running the MFC, the same paid professionals that have left us with tmac and weid as our only legitimate KPF options and have now given us Brown, as you say our second best forward a bloke who has played 70 games in 10 years and been delisted twice, you might have a case if the paid professionals were the ones running Richmond, interesting to note who the KPF was they added last year and who they added in the rookie draft, a bloke the paid professionals at 17 other clubs didn’t want
Ours is so bad but you finish by saying all 17 other clubs besides richmond are shite. Youve found ya ******* calling.. cant wait to see you as head recruiter at Carlton next year.

Ours is so bad but you finish by saying all 17 other clubs besides richmond are shite. Youve found ya ******* calling.. cant wait to see you as head recruiter at Carlton next year.

Then he'd have to change his name to Blewz Bhoy.

You’ve missed the point again and that point is the paid professionals you’ve placed all you faith in make bad decisions particularly the ones at MFC and Carlton and I used Stack as an example to counter your point that kids taken late in the rookie draft must be s**t because the paid professionals at Melbourne don’t rate them.
As I said the paid professionals at Melbourne have given us a forward line of tmac a converted CHB the weid with 2 good games under his belt and now Brown a twice delisted 29 year old who kicked less goals than Hunt did for us last year, this is a wasted opportunity to try and find a Harmes or McGovern or Grimes or Cameron so we can watch this s**t kicker for maybe 2 years

You’ve missed the point again and that point is the paid professionals you’ve placed all you faith in make bad decisions particularly the ones at MFC and Carlton and I used Stack as an example to counter your point that kids taken late in the rookie draft must be s**t because the paid professionals at Melbourne don’t rate them.
As I said the paid professionals at Melbourne have given us a forward line of tmac a converted CHB the weid with 2 good games under his belt and now Brown a twice delisted 29 year old who kicked less goals than Hunt did for us last year, this is a wasted opportunity to try and find a Harmes or McGovern or Grimes or Cameron so we can watch this s**t kicker for maybe 2 years
Or i couldnt give a flying * what your point is... thought i made that obvious the first time

Both Neitz and Hogan started in defence aswell.

All these people lamenting the loss of Hogan forget that he left us, not the other way around and more importantly his body (and mental state) would appear to be shot.

If the club enforced the last year of his contract we would have got burger all for him this year.

All these people lamenting the loss of Hogan forget that he left us, not the other way around and more importantly his body (and mental state) would appear to be shot.

If the club enforced the last year of his contract we would have got burger all for him this year.
And definitely no fries!

while you are probably right in regards to his body and mind, the wording from the club was never 'he came to us and requested a move to Perth'. It was always 'he was open to exploring the idea'.

That points to the club nudging him out the door.

Either way if May has a big pre season (which looks likely) and has a big year everyone will move on

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think in terms of talent Hogan is a generational player. But there were rumours of his off field behaviour and this has also come up at Freo. He was keen to go home and I doubt he’d have re signed if we held him to his contract.

I think in terms of talent Hogan is a generational player. But there were rumours of his off field behaviour and this has also come up at Freo. He was keen to go home and I doubt he’d have re signed if we held him to his contract.

Hogan isn't generational. Buddy is generational. Ablett generational. Hogan's a good key forward with potential to be very good. I wouldn't have him clearly above Cameron/Lynch/Daniher/Hipwood/Curnow etc at all.

Have to say I'm with TopKent on this one. Hogan is a rung below the best forwards in the competition let alone being a generational player. He consistently struggled against the best teams and in big games while in red and blue, a formline which carried through to his first season at the Dockers.

Despite the year one hiccup I still think the May trade will work out for us in time.

The forward line remains a huge worry heading into 2020. Why we didn't go hard and early at Josh Jenkins who at least has a track record of 40+ goal seasons I have no idea. TMac, Brown and Weid my god - we're a long way from the days of The Wiz, Garry, Jako and the Ox aren't we?

We need a few wildcard types to fire next season if we're to have any chance of making the eight. Petracca, Melksham, Hannan and even H.Bennell need to consistently hit the scoreboard if we're going to win more than we lose.

while you are probably right in regards to his body and mind, the wording from the club was never 'he came to us and requested a move to Perth'. It was always 'he was open to exploring the idea'.

That points to the club nudging him out the door.

Either way if May has a big pre season (which looks likely) and has a big year everyone will move on

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk
Make no mistake, Hogan wanted to go home. The club made the best out of the situation we were presented with.

May will be fine.

The forward line remains a huge worry heading into 2020. Why we didn't go hard and early at Josh Jenkins who at least has a track record of 40+ goal seasons I have no idea. TMac, Brown and Weid my god - we're a long way from the days of The Wiz, Garry, Jako and the Ox aren't we?

We need a few wildcard types to fire next season if we're to have any chance of making the eight. Petracca, Melksham, Hannan and even H.Bennell need to consistently hit the scoreboard if we're going to win more than we lose.
Josh Jenkins is not making a lick of difference!

I did make a big call on generational talent. I think he had it early on. Hasn’t developed into it but I haven’t seen an underage player manhandle senior bodies like he did early days. Bloke has had many issues though. Has been through a lot.

I did make a big call on generational talent. I think he had it early on. Hasn’t developed into it but I haven’t seen an underage player manhandle senior bodies like he did early days. Bloke has had many issues though. Has been through a lot.
Johnno Brown did. In fact he was belting grown men at Hogans age.

Then spent the rest of his career trying to wrestle losing then sooking.

Agree, he looked really special in his first couple of years. I think it was a combination of our poor development and him losing his appetite to be the best that he could be, but in the end he was a poor contested mark, while at the same time his leading patterns were s**t. If he can refocus and Freo just getting leading up at the ball, then he can still be a very good player.

Johnno Brown did. In fact he was belting grown men at Hogans age.
and Brown was a freak of a player. If he wasn't cut down by injuries he would have been a 5 time AA

His point about Hogans strength still stands though, other than those two I can't really remember any kids with that strength and power

and Brown was a freak of a player. If he wasn't cut down by injuries he would have been a 5 time AA

His point about Hogans strength still stands though, other than those two I can't really remember any kids with that strength and power
Yeah I don't disagree with that, he is and probably will always be one of the strongest first and second year players I'll ever see. I fell out of love with Hogan but his first 2 years were phenomenal.

Oh yeah Brown was a gun. 70 goals 3 years in a row and then 50+ after 16 games before injury got him at 28.
Browns career was a little like that old Ablett Dunstall Lockett argument about the season/finals/game.

I think Browns best games were better than Roos but not even close to the longevity

I remember seeing Brown live gather a ball at the HFF, throw off his opponent and then stroll to 55 and nail it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back