2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

Better than Jetta, for as much as I will always love Nev, he hasn't ever been able to kick as well as Rivers or link up on the rebound. Rivers does have an offensive side to his game.

I compared him to Joel Smith (the Hawthorn and St.Kilda one after we drafted him) and I reckon that comparison is pretty good still. Smith was a very good player but would have been even better if not for injury.
jesus Joel Smith was star.

If Rivers can turn into him then pick 3 would be very justified. I remember Smith having a fair bit of dash and not minding taking a bounce off half back

Did an ACL in his last year at St Kilda I think and then moved to Hawthorn and took a bit to get back to form but was a bloody gun

jesus Joel Smith was star.

If Rivers can turn into him then pick 3 would be very justified. I remember Smith having a fair bit of dash and not minding taking a bounce off half back

Did an ACL in his last year at St Kilda I think and then moved to Hawthorn and took a bit to get back to form but was a bloody gun

I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers is the first out of him Jackson and Kozzy to become an all australian. His game is that well rounded already. Could be as early as in two years time, as crazy as that might sound.

Last year we saw him counter attack more, this year the defensive side of his game has been a focus with Hunt back there and him having to provide less rebound out of defence. Only a matter of time before he finds a balance and is great at both imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rivers is the first out of him Jackson and Kozzy to become an all australian. His game is that well rounded already. Could be as early as in two years time, as crazy as that might sound.
i hope you a right

However there is so much hype on Pickett I wouldn't be shocked if he made the team or at least squad this year

i hope you a right

However there is so much hype on Pickett I wouldn't be shocked if he made the team or at least squad this year

Pickett still has some games where he goes missing a bit, despite the extreme highs of others.

It's all in eye of the beholder. I'd value consistency moreso if I was an all australian selector. But i admit it is harder to get recognised without the flash that Kozzy does bring.

Corey Enright didn't have weapons, Trent has a looooong way to go to reach that I know, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't look out of place as a top 5 pick now in his corresponding draft given what we know.
Yeah it's semantics but when I think of top 5 I think of Petracca, Jackson, King, Rowell etc. Like freak players.
There's probably only what like 10-15 good players every draft? Doesn't really matter if he's top 5 or 10 he's a bloody good player.
But for mine he's last picked if you re do our draft haul. So if we took 3 of the top 5 even bloody better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back