2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

Remove this Banner Ad

If we downgrade our pick 3 to 11 and 14 i wonder if we will target Kemp at 11 or 14? Good enough to go in the top 8 picks but with the injury it will see him drop a few spots, most teams might overlook him due to him doubtful to play next year but if we have 2 first rounders it might be a good opportunity to pick him up.
We won’t trade down without a pick in the top 10, and Kemp isn’t sliding past the top 7 anyway

We won’t trade down without a pick in the top 10, and Kemp isn’t sliding past the top 7 anyway

Wonder where the downgrade could be? I would love Kemp even though i know he won't get on the park next year, you think he will still go to 7?

Would we be happy to split our picks if we could land Stephens and Weightman?
I’d be happy with those, what draft range is Weightman supposed to be in? Reckon Stephens won’t get past 6 or 7

If GC gets pick 2 I'd love to turn 3 into a pick we can take a punt on Kemp with and another pick around 8-14 where we could pick up one of the pacey half backs in the draft pool.

If not we have to take Anderson (given GC drafting Rowell) and if they take Anderson we must have some live deals lined up so another club can trade up and take Rowell. If we take Rowell at 2 we should fold.

If GC gets pick 2 I'd love to turn 3 into a pick we can take a punt on Kemp with and another pick around 8-14 where we could pick up one of the pacey half backs in the draft pool.

If not we have to take Anderson (given GC drafting Rowell) and if they take Anderson we must have some live deals lined up so another club can trade up and take Rowell. If we take Rowell at 2 we should fold.
Why? Viney and Brayshaw (apparently) are awful anyway. Every chance Rowell becomes our second best midfielder after Harmes, and we can force Brayshaw and Viney out.

Based on the NAB League GF going on right now, there is absolutely zero chance the Suns won't take Rowell at 1, and honestly, if they didn't and we had pick 2, I'd be fine with taking him, he's playing a superb GF, earlyish in the 4th qrt, he's kicked 2 goals, had 32 disposals, and 9 tackles. A certainty to win his second GF BOG, which has never been done.

Yeah, I've been watching it - he's been absolutely dominant, he just attracts the ball and knows how to use it
I've only watched the 2nd and 4th qrts, but he's been everywhere ... and most impressively, every time he does something he has an impact. Over 40 disposals, and there wouldn't be many cheap ones in there.

What are your thoughts on Anderson? I haven't seen too much of him

Rowell looked very impressive.

Wonder if he could avoid getting drafted by Gold Coast by claiming that it'd be cruel and unreasonable to expect a redhead to move to Queensland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

44 and 2 for Rowell. He was going at 1 even before today now that 5% chance he doesn't is 0%. Good luck to him. He has done us a favour if we end up with pick 2.

44 and 2 for Rowell. He was going at 1 even before today now that 5% chance he doesn't is 0%. Good luck to him. He has done us a favour if we end up with pick 2.
Yeah, he was unreal. Some Vic club is going to get themselves a star in a few years time when he requests a trade home.

Based on the NAB League GF going on right now, there is absolutely zero chance the Suns won't take Rowell at 1, and honestly, if they didn't and we had pick 2, I'd be fine with taking him, he's playing a superb GF, earlyish in the 4th qrt, he's kicked 2 goals, had 32 disposals, and 9 tackles. A certainty to win his second GF BOG, which has never been done.
Didn't watch the game and when I saw the AA18s play Casey Rowell and Anderson were stand outs but sometimes you have to be very wary about that level. Larke medal winners aren't exactly a list of superstars. Jarrad Blair was a winner and the most dominant junior midfielder I ever saw yet was a pressure forward at AFL level

Didn't watch the game and when I saw the AA18s play Casey Rowell and Anderson were stand outs but sometimes you have to be very wary about that level. Larke medal winners aren't exactly a list of superstars. Jarrad Blair was a winner and the most dominant junior midfielder I ever saw yet was a pressure forward at AFL level
But then you also get your Jack Graham Larke medal types - get passed over in the early rounds of the draft because they’re man children but still translate very well in finals etc. Most of the Larke medallists have been pretty good for the last ten years - Walsh, Allen, Graham, Sheed, Whitfield, Coniglio, Bennell (unlucky), even Swallow in the dump that is GC. Trac and Schache the two let downs but could still come good. Very hit and miss before 2010.

But then you also get your Jack Graham Larke medal types - get passed over in the early rounds of the draft because they’re man children but still translate very well in finals etc. Most of the Larke medallists have been pretty good for the last ten years - Walsh, Allen, Graham, Sheed, Whitfield, Coniglio, Bennell (unlucky), even Swallow in the dump that is GC. Trac and Schache the two let downs but could still come good. Very hit and miss before 2010.
Fair enough that is a good list hadn't obviously paid attention all decade.

Am I getting my medals confused? Which is the winner of the U18s best and fairest ?

Am I getting my medals confused? Which is the winner of the U18s best and fairest ?
Morrish for TAC Cup, Larke for National Carnival. The best U18s players don't win the Morrish Medal though bc they're busy playing higher rep footy for parts of the season. Clarry a good example - won the Morrish bc he wasn't picked for carnival. Cluggage, Higgins, Heppell and Kreuzer only notable 'recent' winners.

Morrish for TAC Cup, Larke for National Carnival. The best U18s players don't win the Morrish Medal though bc they're busy playing higher rep footy for parts of the season. Clarry a good example - won the Morrish bc he wasn't picked for carnival. Cluggage, Higgins, Heppell and Kreuzer only notable 'recent' winners.
Ok that's where I'm getting confused. Blairy won the Morrish.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back