2019 AFL draft - Jackson at 3, Pickett at 12 and Rivers at 32

samcantstandya

Senior List
Aug 29, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
There is no desperation to trade Angus at all, but we need to give up something to land a gun player.

Out of Weid, Petracca and Angus I would like to keep them all for different reasons.

Weid i would keep based on the fact we really have no other forwards developing so would be crazy to ship him off without another key forward coming back in.

Angus is a good inside mid and still has improvement in him, finds plenty of the ball and gets forward to kick goals.

Petracca has some x factor, he probably has the most out of the 3 players listed. Certainly has a lot of improvement in him, looks better in the midfield than up forward.

Personally if i had to lose one it would be Angus just based on him being part of the surplus of inside mids, disposal is questionable and just doesn't run hard enough.
Keep them. Draft Ash & use Hunt or Fritsch for outside run. Weed will be a gun forward in 3 years Petracca will be a match winner & Brayshaw who cam 3rd in Brownlow will find his mojo.
Trade for who exactly. Hill who's near the end of his career. I'd keep all 3.

blitznu

Premiership Player
Jan 6, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Keep them. Draft Ash & use Hunt or Fritsch for outside run. Weed will be a gun forward in 3 years Petracca will be a match winner & Brayshaw who cam 3rd in Brownlow will find his mojo.
25 and being near the end.. well * me lets start a full blown rebuild.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
🤮

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants

He is 25.....

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I always enjoy following the draft.

Noah Anderson will be pick 1 and I’d love him at the Dees. I’m going to run with the deluded presumption that we won’t finish last though, and here are the other guys in the mix for us;

Mathew Rowell (probably gone before our first pick as well)

Brodie Kemp
Lachlan Ash
Hayden Young

So that’s 5 kids who would be great picks, and noting GWS have priority access to Thomas Green (inside mid) who will go early as well.

Draft; best available
Trade; for needs
I think Rowell might go one. But otherwise was going to post the same. Reckon we’ll end up with one on Young Ashe or Kemp.

Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hill is potentially coming into his best footy over the next 3 years.

Marc_Remillard

Maderator
Jan 4, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
We'll trade our first two draft picks for a key defender whose style of play doesn't match our game plan at all, he'll injure his knee in an AFLX game, miss 2 wholeseasons due to an infection and then retire from footy as he finally realizes his true love is playing curling in Canada.

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
ive been thinking(dangerous), but I think we should take a chance on free agent Stephen Hill.
also we should use, say pick 3, and try to turn it into 2 later first round picks at the draft if possible, then take the best dangerous small forward we can find, and the best half forward/winger type we can get at the draft with those picks. most early picks are inside mids and key position players anyway.
Stephen Hill can then hold the wing spot for a couple of years while we develop a young winger to replace him. ideally the kid would be good enough play a HFF role in his first or 2nd year, as lets face it, it wouldn't be hard to be better than ANB or Hannan.
also use our early 2nd rounder on one of Langdon or ZJones as well to increase our run off half back to replace Nate Jones. then we can also think about playing Fritsch permanently as a forward and Salem into the midfield more often. those changes could transform the team.

Nov 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
At this rate we’ll have pick 2 after the weekend. I’d take Anderson. Assuming Rowell goes one. If we get a pick 3-5 hopefully Kemp.
I think it's still 50/50 who finishes lower out of the 2 clubs. The only other "winnable" game we have is Saint Kilda for the rest of the year. We have to play the likes of Geelong, Richmond and Adelaide so it's a tough draw to finish.

In any case, none of us at Carlton dislike Melbourne we just don't want to see Adelaide get pick 2.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think it's still 50/50 who finishes lower out of the 2 clubs. The only other "winnable" game we have is Saint Kilda for the rest of the year. We have to play the likes of Geelong, Richmond and Adelaide so it's a tough draw to finish.

In any case, none of us at Carlton dislike Melbourne we just don't want to see Adelaide get pick 2.

On form you’ll roll the suns and saints which means we have to find two more wins, can’t see that happening. You could even finish above the saints tbh

On form you’ll roll the suns and saints which means we have to find two more wins, can’t see that happening. You could even finish above the saints tbh

I think we will beat St Kilda and Sydney.

We have played a bit better the last month despite still being 2 and 2 over that period. If you don't consider anything other than form Freo, Brisbane, Carlton and Bulldogs were all in decent form coming into the games we played them.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think we will beat St Kilda and Sydney.

We have played a bit better the last month despite still being 2 and 2 over that period. If you don't consider anything other than form Freo, Brisbane, Carlton and Bulldogs were all in decent form coming into the games we played them.

We got pretty close to the dogs. I think our performance is a little undersold in the media considering the year we’ve had with injuries and underdone players. Our form actually isn’t as bad as suns or saints current form. Plus we’re getting games into the likes of Lever and Jetta whom are only going to be getting better this year.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
We got pretty close to the dogs. I think our performance is a little undersold in the media considering the year we’ve had with injuries and underdone players. Our form actually isn’t as bad as suns or saints current form. Plus we’re getting games into the likes of Lever and Jetta whom are only going to be getting better this year.
Our midfield hasn't had a single injury this year bar a game each to Gawn and Viney, undersold? We were premiership favourites 17 weeks ago and we are currently 50/50 to finish 2nd last

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Our midfield hasn't had a single injury this year bar a game each to Gawn and Viney, undersold? We were premiership favourites 17 weeks ago and we are currently 50/50 to finish 2nd last
Underdone. That’s what our midfield is. Harmes Oliver Viney Brayshaw Jones all had majorly interrupted pre seasons. I’m not talking about 17 weeks ago. Our form has been horrendous all year. Dogs have been talked up over last month or so. On form they should have spanked us. They won by a couple of kicks. All I’ve heard is how good the dogs were. We weren’t too bad considering.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Underdone. That’s what our midfield is. Harmes Oliver Viney Brayshaw Jones all had majorly interrupted pre seasons. I’m not talking about 17 weeks ago. Our form has been horrendous all year. Dogs have been talked up over last month or so. On form they should have spanked us. They won by a couple of kicks. All I’ve heard is how good the dogs were. We weren’t too bad considering.
How can they be underdone 17 weeks into the season still? That's nearly 5 months of training.

If you had paid any attention to the dogs at all they've struggled against crap sides

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
How can they be underdone 17 weeks into the season still? That's nearly 5 months of training.

If you had paid any attention to the dogs at all they've struggled against crap sides
I think you’re underrating a good pre season.
They have struggled against the lower sides. But they just beat the cats and port away. I’m not saying we’re any good ATM. Just saying the hype over dogs on weekends performance isn’t warranted.

Back